“Our first visit to Turkey”

Conny's Restaurant And Bar
Ranked #12 of 221 Restaurants in Side
Price range: US$3 - US$22
Cuisines: French, British, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Conny's is one of the leading restaurants in Side. Situated just outside of antique Side. Our kitchen serves international food with a French touch. Also we serve local dishes and for the children we have a special Menu. We are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In the bar we have several evenings entertainment. Our kitchen is full airconditioned and the chefs work on a high hygienic level. All products are fresh and local. Open from 1 April - 30 November
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

For our first visit to Turkey my husband and I wanted something a little special, not a huge AI hotel, a hotel where we could relax and be spoilt and looked after. Conny's gave us everything we were looking for and more. From the moment we arrived, we were thoroughly looked after. The hotel was designed and built by the lovely owners Conny and Ad, they've poured their hearts into this beautiful place and it's like being in their home rather than just a hotel. Everything has been tastefully designed. We opted for bed and breakfast to give us the option of discovering the surrounding bars and restaurants, however we have to say that on the occasions that we ate in Conny's restaurant, the food was by far the best we had throughout our stay. Conny and Ad have an amazing team of staff who were on hand to ensure that we had everything we needed/wanted. So thank you to Ismail, Sheraf and Ray - you're all fab.
Side itself is just amazing with all of the history and Roman ruins to explore. If you're into history you won't be disappointed.
Beaches are lovely and within walking distance from the hotel, however a free shuttle bus is on hand to take you back and forward.
The only thing missing are fellow travellers and tourists. Turkey is really quite as people are afraid to go. There is nothing to be afraid of, Turkey, especially Side, and definitely Conny's is a beautiful place to go so don't hesitate, book and go!!
We for sure will definitely be returning in the very near future.
Thank you Conny and Ad for looking after us, you're truly lovely people.
X

1  Thank Sara E
connys, Owner at Conny's Restaurant And Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Hello Sara & Brian,
Thank you for your long and wonderful review. You took a long time to write this and we love appreciate it. We are happy you liked it. Your are such a warm couple and we felled honoured to have you as our guests. Thanks
Conny's

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

As always after many visits we are enjoying another visit to Connys for a meal and evening entertainment.

I can not recommend this family owned Boutique Hotel and restaurant enough. Transport can be arranged from where you are staying to Connys and home at the end of the evening to your hotel. Better still avoid the boring 4* all inclusive Hotels and have a unique holiday by staying in one of the beautiful rooms and enjoy the wonderful hospitality.
Can not recommend enough.

Thank you for your lovely words. We are happy you had a good time in Conny's. Hope to see you back again and until then, Stay healthy
Conny's

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Me and my friends decided to visit Conny's after hearing a lot of recommendations and I am so glad that we did. As soon as I stepped inside I knew we were going to have a good night. The decoration of the restaurant is lovely and we were welcomed by the waiter and the two owners who came over also.
I ordered a Camambert Samosa with Cranberry sauce to start and was not disappointed. I agree with my friend who said "it tasted like Christmas!!" I also tried a bit of the "Conny's Idea" starter which was beautiful. Steak and lobster cooked to perfection and this was only the starters.
I had the Chicken Satay for a main which also was very tasty but I did prefer my partner's choice of the Lamb Curry, it had just the right amount of spice.
I didn't have room for desserts after these but I will be returning as I heard someone say cheesecake when I left, which I need to try!
Thank you Conny's for a lovely meal.

connys, Owner at Conny's Restaurant And Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you for your visit in Conny's. It's good to hear you loved your dinner and we appreciate your review. Hope to see you again and all the best

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

I visited this restaurant last week and I wasn't disappointed at all.
The food was delicious, I ordered chicken spring rolls for starters and chicken with mushroom sauce for my main course. The spring rolls were spectacular and were so tasty..the main course was an amazing experience because the mushroom sauce was made at the table and it was fabulous to watch.

The atmosphere was great, Conny and her husband were the most hospitable people I have ever met.. they made us feel very welcome and also offered to drop us back to our hotel. The waiters were very attentive and always served us with a smile. The Turkish here should really learn from them as the experience here was believable.

Thank you to everyone at Conny's who made out experience enjoyable.if I was to return without a doubt I would be visiting again and would highly recommend this to anyone going to side you won't be disappointed.

Thank you so much for your visit in Conny's. We appreciate your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your dinner. Hope to see you again. We wish you all the best

Reviewed 9 May 2017

I visited Conny's again last week with my girlfriend for dinner and the experience was as good as it always has been on many previous visits. The food was first class and could hold its own in London. I can never fault the service, it is first class and the waiting staff also have a sense of humour, which I consider to be important. After dinner, we went down to the bar for the karaoke evening, held every Thursday. The drinks are a little pricey BUT are any of you aware of how high the tax is on alcohol here? Rule of thumb for alcohol prices in the UK is P.O.R. 200% plus V.A.T. If they applied the same rules here, you would never go out for a drink. I am also curious to find here a scathing review from a friend of the 'competition' and I find it amazing that TA haven't actually sussed it. Ignore these type of scathing reviews, as they are quite obviously bogus. Conny's is certainly not above criticism but on the odd occasion when they have slipped up, they have always put it right. A slightly undercooked steak is hardly a reason to drop them from a 5 to a 2. If you're a friend of the competition (you know who you are), stay away, that's assuming you have ever actually been to Conny's!! To sum up, great food, great atmosphere, great hosts and it is clean.

1  Thank diversaint_11

Thank you for your honoust review. We are happy you enjoyed your evening and we hope to see you back.

Been to Conny's Restaurant And Bar? Share your experiences!