“what a pity!”

Ranked #5 of 283 Hotels in Kemer
Strasbourg, France
“what a pity!”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Since 2000 I have been 17 times to Club Med, always in the so-called adult clubs. Concerning the usual criteria, cleanliness, landscape, food, until now, I have always been very satisfied. However, speaking about the „Club Med Spirit“, the quality level of both the customers and the employees („GO´s“) constantly decreased. - Not all, but too many. The evolution went away from the sociable, creative-friendly-funny atmosphere. The open-bar-concept attracted many customers lacking education, good manners and respect. Most of the – bad-payed – employees are completely missing professionality. Obviously, the possibility to participate at the parties free of charge, and to be higly attractive for as many relation adventures as possible - and to be availabel for this -, is conisdered as a part of the salary.
The animation during the day and in the evening formerly was a top performance of diversified, witty, creative entertainment. But, the offer of variants became more and more reduced. Now it is largely limited to - during all the time the same - minimalized, unimaginative group dances, the main idea of which consisting in bawling. In the meantime, the employees are not frightended away by anying, even not by disgusting scenes in the evening show. Unnecessary, and very, very regrettable.
The most recent evolution is the tendency to homoerotism. Toleration is one thing, but the obvious furtherance is an other thing. It may help to increase by every possible means, the short-termed attractivity for customers of unimportant which quality, but it is strange for those who almost need to apologize for being normal.
The result every year becomes more and more evident. Club-Med last-minute-discounts are no exception at all anymore, and however, the occupation mostly only reaches 50 to 70 per cent. And yet four out of seven clubs of this type in the mediterranian area have been closed in the last ten years (Corfu, Porto Petro, Cefalu, Bysatis).
Customers are staying away due to the very much decreased attractivness.
In the future, me too.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
10 Thank gustavvhermann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I spent a week in Kemer in August... And honestly I was very surprised by the "level" of the G.O Team. This is not the 1st time I am going to Kemer, so sometimes you are a bit scared to get the feeling of a "deja vu".

Clearly this year is amazing... And what really make a different this year is the team... But no... I am not talking only about Pierre and Nicola!!!

Nicola is doing an amazing work, and is extremely talented (the shows are crazy!!!).
Pierre is clearly a genious, and I've never seen a G.O like this. The first two days I could not believe it (especially the show on sunday)... but I tried to communicate with him... during all week... with no success... I was very sad because I think he is amazing, and I wanted to speak to him. But clearly Pierre doesn't have time to speak to G.M (not sure he is talking to G.O neither)... I was there with a friend, and we spent some time with all the G.Os, with Nicola... but Pierre NEVER. Communication was not possible...
At the end of the week, everytime I saw him coming on stage I was thinking: again!!! can we have another G.O pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease???! Especially because the rest of the team is amazing!!!!

So when I am reading all the review it's all about Pierre... But I really think the G.O team as a whole is making this year a magic year.
Escpecially all the waterski team (special thanks to Fox and Leo...), Gwen (never seen someone so nice and such a good GO!), Caroline (have you seen someone so fun and so pro?), Pierre at the Bar, PJ (very good at the mic')...

I came back with amazing souvenirs, and Kemer is clearly a very good spot to spend holidays with friends. It took me more than a week to recover. And I was soooooo depressed to be back at work!!!

I clearly recommend this place... every year... and especially this year with Nicola!!! You have a amazing team... not only Pierre (who is incredibly talented, don't get me wrong), but also all the chiefs of the different activities, and all the G.Os who are making this year very special!

Again Caroline, Gwen, Fox, Leo and Pierre... we MISS YOU!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MSWAKEBOARD
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med Kemer, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Dear Great Member,

We thank you warmly for the time you took to write this review on Trip Advisor after your stay in our Kemer Club Med Resort. We are really pleased to see you and your friends had good time there and you enjoyed practising sports with our well trained G.O.s.

We hope to see you again soon in one of our resorts.

Best regards,

Your Club Med UK Team
Reviewed 10 September 2011

No word to describe how great it was! I'll never forget my holidays and I hope I'll go back there very soon!

• Stayed August 2011
gaziantep
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I liked every single moment of my 11 days holiday... at first we planned to stay for a week but we prolonged it for four days. the first reason is the magnificient chef de village nicola gala and also pierre! ı've travelled a lot and stayed at many hotels, but never seen a hotel manager and animetour chef like them. they like every moment of their work, and the most important thing is you feel it deep inside. Yes, the rooms are not so luxury but who cares they are extra clean and useful. all the parties, events and also the shows were amazing. and the food... nothing to say about you have to taste. ı ve tried nearly every kind on the buffet and all of them were amazing. thanks for nicola and pierre for everything!...they are doing a great job in KEMER...

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank eliftazebay
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This is now my 9th visit to Kemer (I like it like it :-)) & so far 2011 is the best year by a long shot!
Club Med Kemer has - in my personal opinion - always been one of the most fun places in the world (trust me I have spent over a year travelling & never found anywhere that comes even remotely close to the fun factor of Kemer) but this year they have managed to up the fun factor to a new level. The GO Team were a slick, professional, energetic bundle of fun - who worked & played together & with the GMs in style!
The shows were the best ever (The Freaky Circus is FANTASTIC as is the Water sports show!) & the general ambience of the place was at an all new level.
If you are new to Club Med then be advised - its French - so please don’t moan if you find that people speak French!! However I have never met any GMs or GOs at Club Med who won’t make a huge effort to speak English to you & Nicola the Chef Du Village does a sterling job in translating everything into English. (Note to self - maybe learn at least some basic French before you go - makes lunch & dinner a far more fun experience if you can make efforts at conversing in French!!)
The food is buffet & for the most part has something for everyone, the waiter & catering staff are amazing & create the most beautiful displays each night.
Each night is themed by a colour - there is always a Red & White night (Turkish colours) & ALWAYS a white night (which is beautiful - don’t spoil it by not wearing white!) so ensure that you have these colours packed in your holiday wardrobe.
There is wakeboarding, water skiing, tennis, fitness, a gym, snorkelling trips, archery, football, volleyball, pool games, belly dancing, salsa dancing, nightclub & my all time favourite crazy signs!!
There really is something for everyone - if you are bored at Kemer then I honestly don’t know what would keep you happy!!
The Club is located in a beautiful bay with clean clear blue water & is surrounded by pine trees & mountains with the odd glimpse of mountain goats! They have their own rabbits, a tortoise, cats & turtles too!
If you like to have fun - then Kemer is the place for you!
Massive thanks to Nicola, Pierre, Fred & all the GO Team – you did good!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends