All reviews swimming pool week stay apartment dishwasher oriel facilities
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Superbly equipped apartment. A great deal of expense and time time taken in fitting out; however round wash hand basin totally impractical,also shelves in bathroom would have been nice for toiletries. Items on top of unit under wash handbasin got wet because of impracticability mentioned above. Staff at reception very friendly and helpful and could not do enough to answer my queries. Unfortunately these were many due to the local lack of information in accommodation about layout of resort and how equipment worked(TV,cooker,washing machine etc.). First time in Turkey so do not the practices there. But in discussion with manager I mentioned that a small welcome pack of bread,milk etc. would be very welcome as I had to go shopping first thing so we could breakfast. I mentioned that we had stayed in good self catering in UK, Spain, Austria and Germany and such a pack was always there. He asked me to name a resort and I mentioned Club La Costas in Spain and mentioned they had a resort in Turkey. He looked it up and said they were a lot more expensive than Onkel Residence. My response was price was immaterial as they were both highly star rated, Much higher than some places we had stayed. If cost is an issue then either offer it at booking for a small charge or say that nothing is offered so that the guests are prepared. I could see that the season was fast approaching by the work going on preparing the outdoor pool etc. Some other maintenance was however lacking. Wall and roof tiles in the indoor pool were hanging loose.NO excuse. These comments are meant positively and could make a really good place into an outstanding location. We enjoyed our holiday.PS you should publicise your supermarket more, we only discovered it the day before we left. What a wonderful shop!

Room Tip: Can not really comment as it seemed that all rooms looked out onto other buildings.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Richardgel
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

This was the second time we stayed at Onkel and it was amazing again it was in the month of April so the outdoor pool was not yet open therefore the indoor pool was really convenient the hamam was amazing (it's a huge marbled steam room where you can relax and bathe) also the sauna, the spa was free which was great. Although it would be great if the indoor pool was just a tiny bit warmer. Also i did accidentally go into the wrong lift when on the way back from the spa, you need to make sure you are going in the lift of the block you live in. I think they should write outside the lift which block lift it is as they have blocks from A-H. The sofa bed has the best orthopaedic memory foam, believe me I've tried many expensive ones, I liked it better than the beds themselves, the pull out spare bed under the single bed is a great idea too. The kids play area was great too. It's a very well maintained and regularly cleaned place. Thank you for an amazing stay and we will be sure to come again soon.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Hamna K M
Reviewed 16 April 2016

Stayed there for 3 nights in off-season (april). Great apartments, fresh, clean, everything works. Great beds, nice kitchen. The only downside were thin walls, you can easily hear the neighbours talk or argue. :)
Supermarket (Migros) is 200m away, Konyaalti beach - about 1km. Easy to find and reach by car, free parking underneath the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank McKolm
Reviewed 15 April 2016

Only good things to say. New, modern, clean apartment. Friendly helpful staff who went out of their way to help us. They upgraded us for free to a bigger apartment, and allowed us to come back after check-out so that we could use the showers after a day on the beach. Nice restaurant - we got there too late, but they stayed open just for us and cooked us a great dinner. Great location. Enjoyed the aquarium and beaches.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 315joanna
Reviewed 12 April 2016

Appartment was nice, area was clean, apart from the cats!! Huge disappointment that the outdoor pool was empty!! There was no mention of this during the booking or otherwise I would never have booked! Who goes on holiday to a complex with no water in the pool!! They do have an indoor swimming pool, but I also have one in my house in England! As I was taking a week off work to relax in the sun and swim it ruined everything. We used another hotels complex for the remainder of our stay

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple