“Second Sojourn”
Review of Ozkavak Hotel

Ozkavak Hotel
Ranked #18 of 169 Speciality Lodging in Antalya
Reviewed 23 October 2016

My second visit to this delightful hotel in under a year,both times for dental work at the superb Dental Centre, Antalya. On both occasions I have had a lovely room, with a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was lovely with lots of fresh fruit, tomatoes, cucumber & chilli-what a way to wake up. Sedat is a real gentleman and nothing is too much trouble for him. The other staff are equally charming. The daily pantomime between Karamel, the golden Cocker Spaniel and the little white & tabby cat are entertainment in their own right. I will return in the Spring

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

I booked at this hotel because of its excellent reviews on booking.com and because it was super affordable. I must say that I don't understand why it has such excellent reviews and can only put it down to the great service.
We booked a family room consisting of two interconnecting rooms in a building at the back of the property close to the restaurant. The terrace had a rusted old ladder and a piece of plank lying on it. Out room was clean (except for the mouse) but if I sat at the bottom of my bed, the bit of plank holding it up would fall down and so would I. What's more, the noise from the establishment at the back of the room was party central until 2 am every morning. The windows are not double-glazed so we did not sleep well. The final straw was the mouse that we suspected lived there but found scurrying across the floor on our last night. The rooms did not have safes so we locked our passports and valuables in our suitcases. We did enquire about a safety deposit box at reception but were told that it is safe. We weren't willing to take a chance.
The other accommodation is better. We were immediately moved with much apologizing, to a room in the main building for three and my kids shared one of the beds. This was in a much better state and the only thing broken was a bit of carpet heading up the stairs.
Also, the breakfast was not great. The manager must have picked up on our reactions because he offered omelette and eggs, which were made and lovely. But, if I compare it to the Turkish breakfasts I've had in Castle Hotel in the same old town and in the other places we visited, this is the worst one.
Wifi around the pool was spotty.
Why didn't we leave?
1. We had to pay upfront and I was not in the mood to get into arguments and debates for a refund
2. The manager, Sedart, was super friendly and always willing to help no matter what the request. (I don't think the maintenance the hotel needs as well as the noise is within his power to fix as we saw the owner or his manager there one day looking at books / papers). The lady who does the breakfast and who seems to manage the cleaning staff is lovely too and willing to help.
3. The kids enjoyed the pool and the resident turtles and dog.
4. It is centrally located and an easy walking distance to the beach, main town, restaurants and shops.
5. Although unusual, the people staying at the hotel made themselves completely at home. We often weren't sure who worked there and who were guests as the guests often say with the staff at tables drinking Turkish Cay tea. In this way it reminded me of Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, the movie.
Would I stay there again? No. I prefer Castle Hotel (which also has a restaurant).

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Went to Antalya on a dental trip. Sedat and the staff looked after me well. I had some discomfort and they made sure that I was well taken care of and comfortable.. Nice people. Looking forward to going back in October to finish my dental work and visit them.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2015

First of all the location is two thumbs up! It's close to Hadrian's Gate, the tram, and Mermerli beach, restaurants and shops - and it's in the center of Old Kaleici. Watch out for Karamel, he was there to greet us on the night we checked-in. He is also there too during breakfast with his ball. We took the family room with was a bit outdated and some noise from the neighboring hotels was a bit of a nuisance. Also they would need to improve on the breakfast selection and especially the buffet set up. Staff are all welcoming and helpful with directions and recommendations.

Room Tip: Choose smaller rooms as they are newly renovated