“my Five days stay at Mardan”
Review of Mardan Palace

Mardan Palace
Ranked #45 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 5 June 2012

excellent hotel with everything that you need is withen
very big swimming pool area, great selection of food
location is abit out side town

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank q8_oilman
MardanPalaceAntalya, CRM at Mardan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Dear q8_oilman,

Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate that you took the time to share your personal experiences hereby.
We are happy that you have had a lovely stay at our hotel and enjoyed our services and facilities!
We hope to welcome you here again soon for another wonderful holiday.

With kind regards,
CRM Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Me and my Fiance stayed at this nice hotel for 4 nights. the hotel has a very nice design and is truly a 5 star hotel. The waiters and the pool attendance and most of the staff are very friendly and nice. Spa receptions on the other hand are only friendly to those who pay for extra service and become very aggressive if you complain or ask questions. some of them are not trained for a 5 star hotel and should not be working there. the room we had was the superior room witch was a little small for the price but nicely decorated and very clean. we had the full board witch we thought is like the all inclusive but you only have the breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet and you have to pay for any drinks or anything else outside the buffet. good thing was the food and the service was great in the buffet. we also rented a jet ski and tried para sailing witch was very fun. In general we had a very good time and really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Farhad F

Dear Farhad F,
First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to share your wonderful review about your perfect holiday on Tripadvisor.
We are grateful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a nice holiday.
In behalf of the entire Mardan Palace Team we would like to say thank you for your very nice comments.
Our biggest goal is to satisfy our guests and that is why feed backs are very important to improve our services and to offer a continuous quality standard.
We look forward to welcome you back at our hotel next summer, as it would be a pleasure for us to have you as our guests once again.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

stayed at from wing of hotel overlooking entrance and the kids zoo. very freindly staff . finally met an english speaking couple on last day. staff service slightly variable but overall excellent. not all staff were up on english as most here are Russin aor turkish, room service good. air con poor leading to poor sleep on a few nights. be prepared to get bitten if you leave balcony door open at night. food very good . entertainment.. high standards but very much same fare remixed each night. ideal for a relaxing round pool holiday. cost of drinks is high so beware. ate last night in the aqurium resteraunt. fab meal and service not as pricey as we expected though limited choices. no local sercie to town and a taxi now at 50TL one way makes an expensive trip to town but worth a days outing there. woudl stay again but only for a long weekend as not enough for us to do other than swim.eat .drink etc. web service was in business centre and sadly not ideal as turkish setup so failed to read any e-mails. ideally I would take own laptop next time. impressive hotel though overall.

Room Tip: try and get a room overlooking pool . not going to add pics as most aspects alrealy covered by...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roy.of.rainham

Dear roy.of.rainham,

Thank you for sharing this brilliant review of your stay with us.
We are glad to know that you were happy with our staff, service and restaurants.

We take our guest feedback seriously and will certainly look into the areas which needs improvement.
We hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back in Mardan palace in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Before I begin this review, I must definitely say that I was a working guest at this hotel and didn't have to pay for anything. I thought I needed to say this after checking out the room rate at this hotel - it's way over my typical budget.

When I entered the hotel, I thought it was way above my typical taste in terms of holidays, too, but after spending a few days, I came to terms with my love of grandieur, which is the right term for the general architecture of this place. It's overwhelming everywhere you look - gold and swarovski everywhere! The lobby really gives the right impression.

My room was a normal double and it was a bit crowded with furniture, which is really not my taste, either. But the bed was the comfiest I have ever seen and the room was equipped with a wide balcony overlooking the large pool. I also loved the bathroom with both a tub and a "raining" shower. In terms of toiletries, they provide everything you can think of - from toothbrush to comb. The minibar is quite rich - but pricy as one can guess. As free niceities, they provide a bottle of water everyday in addition to a bowl of fruits.

There are two stars for me at this hotel: the food and the pool. Starting with food, they have the richest buffet I have ever seen at a hotel (but I guess that can be expected as I'm not used to such hotels anyway). Everything was fresh and delicious. As a fan of sushi, the fresh sushi (even at breakfast!) was a great touch. Although this hotel does not (currently) provide all-inclusive service, there is merely an hour between meals and it was not a problem at all.

As for the pool, I had never thought a pool could substitute the sea for me, but this one really did the trick! It was not "warm" like the pools I tried before and I think it was the largest I have seen. They have a very nice pool bar right at the centre and it was just heaven to enjoy a drink or two (for a charge, of course) while soaking our feet in the pool. The drinks we had were all quality brands, nicely made and cold.

The facilities themselves are really awe-inspiring. The one-to-one replica of the Maiden Tower and the miniature Haydarpasa Station were eye-candy. There is also a restaurant under the pool surrounded by a round aquarium where you can see fish big and small swim over your head while dining! Also, if you go there, be sure to check the small salt-watered reef they have near the sea, where you can put on your schnorkel and view different kinds of fish and coral.

One more thing to point out is the great possibilities of this hotels to organize conventions or host other events. First of all, they provide a full floor of conference rooms with different attributes from small workshop rooms to large panel rooms. I was working as an interpreter at an international and "big" conference and I loved the acoustics, as well as the all helpful staff that assisted us.

Talking of staff, they were OK in general and we didn't have any problems or anything. An experienced friend of mine even said they were the best in Antalya. But the staff at Anemon hotels cannot be topped in my view in terms of kind and helpful staff.

There is one downside to this hotel and I think it's a huge one - the beach is not really consistent with the high quality you see at the facilities. It's a short coastline for one thing. On top of that, they have a huge and high pier right in the middle of the beach, which does not leave a lot of space for swimming. But the one thing that threw me away from swimming was the soiled appearance of the sea! There is a river right next to the hotel which is organically connected with the sea and the surface of the sea was not really what I expect from the clean waters of the Mediterranean, unfortunately.

One tip: There are two very shabby restaurants when you turn right from the hotel exit and take the second right again (Yörük Mehmet). It is right on the river bank and you have a nice view of the river. They serve fresh fish, rakı and good mezes. The only problem is that you are taken up to a suspended platform to eat and it is a bit shaky. It was no problem for me at all, but I just wanted to warn people.

All in all, I am actually planning to spend a few days here again with my mom to make it special. But for my normal holidays, I definitely prefer going abroad for a week (or even two!) for the money I would spend here for four days.

Room Tip: Outer rooms would not have a good view, inner rooms would be a bit noisy at night.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank Gökçe K

Dear frozenapple,

We are so pleased to read your review and would like to thank you for rating our hotel so highly based on your stay.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.
We would like to inform you that we have shared your feedback with the relevant department Managers, so that they can overlook the services to detect where improvement is requiered.
The feedback of our guests is vital for us so that we can see which points need more attention and where we can improve ourself, so that all our guests can enjoy their holiday to the fullest.

Thank you for your lovely compliments toward our hotel.
It was a pleasure to have you staying with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I travel a lot and I favour excellent hotels. This is one of the best I know in the whole world.
Recommended big time. You will not find flaws in it.
Expensive?
For what you get no, is actually at a very good price.
I have been in other 5 stars hotel in Antalya, and believe me, if the other hotel in Antalya are 5 star, this has 8 stars MINIMUM.
If you can afford it, do not even consider other hotels in antalya.

Spa: 6 stars
Pool: 6 stars
Food: 6 stars
Service: 6 stars

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank claudioita

Dear claudioita,

We would like to thank you for the time you have taken to share your opinion about your family holiday at Mardan Palace.
We are pleased to read that for you our hotel is the best in the Mediterranean!

We look forward to welcome you back at our Resort next summer, as it would be a pleasure for us to have you as our guests once again.