Hotel Su(Antalya)
US$551
US$683
US$638
CrownePlaza.com
Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara(Antalya)
US$538
Hotels.com
US$418
US$378
Priceline
IC Hotels Green Palace(Antalya)
US$344
Cancelon
1,185 results
All reviewstent barjazz barlaser showsuperior roommaiden towermonkey clubgold leafturkeymaxx royalluxurious hotelmain restauranthuge poolbowling alleybeach restaurantpool viewall inclusive conceptlive music
Reviewed 14 May 2011

I was on a short trip to Antalya, as Lara area was too much crowded by Russians and Germans spending their Ester vacation, my office finally book my last two night stay in Mardan Palace. My first impression was great. As soon as I entered the lobby, it reminds me the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi. But it was not like that. This hotel has three wings. I am still unable to understand why they made the European wing in this classic hotel. Unfortunately I was out of time and the weather didn’t allow me to have a swim either on the beach or at pool but it looked good. The best thing I experienced was the SPA. The SPA was very well decorated and staff was really helpful. The SPA manager was so helpful and welcoming. Check in was a little slow, and I had to wait around 30 mins to receive my luggage in the room. Room was very well decorated. The terrace had beautiful views. From air conditioner to all lights were controlled by remote control. Breakfast was really not good. Less choices and I was surprised to have some fruits which were not fresh. Whole LARA area was over crowded and this place was not having more than 10% occupancy. Over all it was a mixed experience but really less than what I was expecting while entering the main entrance and what really this place deserve. It’s the luxurious but lacks the warmth of life in it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
12  Thank Life1062717
MardanPalaceAntalya, CRM at Mardan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Dear Life1062717,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Mardan Palace.
It is a delight to read that yoou find our hotel luxurious, Spa good and rooms well decorated.
We take our guest feedback seriously and will certainly look into the areas which needs improvement.

We hope to have the pleasure of your company in our Kingdom again very soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 January 2011

What can I say! From the moment of our arrival to our departure, we were pampered and treated royally in the elegant Mardan Palace. Truly magnificent hotel and thoroughly deserves its reputation. Quite possible to spend your entire holiday there without leaving the grounds. We managed a trip out one evening to the old town where we enjoyed a wonderful meal at Vanilla. Super hotel and all round amazing experience!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank belfastboy09
MardanPalaceAntalya, CRM at Mardan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Dear belfastboy09,

It was great pleasure, that we received your kind and detailed comments about your family holiday at our hotel.
We are happy to know that you were very impressed by our hotel facilities and our staff.As always, it is our pleasure to ensure that our guest are fully satisfied with their experience.
We appreciate that you advice our hotel to other Tripadvisor readers and we are looking forward to welcome you at Mardan Palace again.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 27 November 2010

I stayed at the Mardan Palace for 9 nights in August 2010. I was travelling with my wife and two children, age 4 and 2. Initial impressions were favourable in terms of the grandeur of the exterior and the lobby, which is extravagant by any measure. The only room option available for those travelling with children is the 2-bedroom Grand Deluxe Duplex Suite, 90m2 at a rate of about €800 per night. We were shown to our room on the pool level and I immediately noted that just a few yards from our open terrace area was a canal for the gondola that occasionally passes, with no barrier whatsoever. Not ideal with young children.

The room, in the European wing, was modern in styling and the decor was much simpler (slightly Ikea-like with plenty of light coloured wood) than the ornate interiors presented on the hotel's website. The room was stiflingly warm and the air-conditioning was struggling given the 30 degrees night time temperature outside. This was a continuous issue during our stay. The two bedrooms and bathrooms were upstairs with a wooden staircase on either side of the room, which proved to be a problem as our children regularly slipped on the steps with wet feet.

Food quality across the resort ranged from poor to excellent. Our first meal was via room service on our night of arrival. The food on this occasion was exceptionally poor (stale bread, chewy lamb kebabs, soggy salad, warm mineral water). A subsequent room service later during our stay was no better. The restaurants were generally better and very expensive. However, they were also mostly empty, with most guests seemingly opting to eat at the fixed-price buffet restaurant rather than at the themed restaurants (seafood, Japanese, Thai, Turkish, Italian, American). We tried them all and the Japanese was the one restaurant that stood out as outstanding and worthy of the prices being charged. The Thai food, on the other hand, was particularly disappointing. The flagship restaurant is the Aquamarine seafood place, which benefits from an impressive aquarium. The food and service, however, do not live up to the surroundings. The waiter's tales of having spent six years on a cruise ship, etc. became tiring as I tried to enjoy my £50 sea bass main course. The daily breakfast buffet was extensive, but it seemed to some extent to comprise leftovers from the previous evening's buffet offering.

As many other reviewers have documented, drinks are extortionately priced. The cheapest wines are Turkish, £15 per glass upwards and entirely undrinkable. Low end French wines (only two options) are £30 per glass. Bottles start at £100 and labels are unrecognisable. Turkish bottled water is £6 per bottle and awful, San Pellegrino is £11 for a 750mm bottle. Meals were generally £150 for two without wine. Add to that €60 per night for babysitting (€15 per child per hour) and it mounted up nicely. Food for children is, however, free in all restaurants.

The biggest shock was left until our last night. At 2am, I heard a fairly loud noise and loudly exclaimed this to my wife, waking her up. I turned the lights on and next we heard the front door of our room shutting downstairs. I raced down to check on our younger child, whose cot we had placed in the living room and then on our older child in the other bedroom. Thankfully, they were both fine. I then noticed the sliding door to the terrace was open. I closed it, but could not lock it as the lock was broken. It became clear that someone had forced their way into the room and then run out when they heard our voices/saw the light. My wife and I were quite shaken and I proceeded to cautiously look around the room to make sure that nobody was still downstairs.

I called reception, but the member of staff who answered showed little concern. He said that he would inform security. I assumed that someone would come to the room pretty quickly. 15 minutes later, I called again. The same chap answered and I asked him for an update. He said that hotel security was looking into it. I stated that I wanted the manager to come to the room immediately. 20 minutes later the night manager turned up. He noted the broken lock, spent quite a while making calls and then called a maintenance man to repair the lock. I observed from their hand gestures that the maintenance man was indicating that the lock had been forced. The night manager confirmed that there were "kinetic" rotating cameras by the poolside that would zoom into any movement. He had spoken to security and the footage showed someone in the vicinity of the terrace to the room prior to the break-in. However, it was dark and the individual was apparently unidentifiable.

The night manager assured me that the room was now secure and that they had asked a security guard to patrol the area near to the terrace to the room. As might be expected, we slept little for the rest of the night, remaining quite shocked by events. We moved our children into our bedroom. A key issue was that we could not work out what it was the intruder was after. Was it simply our laptop, iPad or similar item or, more ominously, one of our children, who had become well known in the resort during our stay. All of the other items could have been stolen while we were out of the room during the day.

After breakfast on the next day, I went to the reception desk to check out. It was 10.45am and we needed to depart for the airport at 11.30am to catch a 1.30pm flight. I fully intended to ask for the cost of one night of our nine night stay to be deducted from the bill. The reception staff, who were fully aware of the break-in, seemed incredulous that I should be seeking any refund. I pointed out that it was not unreasonable for me to seek not to pay for a night in a hotel during which my room was broken into. I was told that the general manager was not available and was asked to wait. No copy of the bill was provided.

After some prompting, the front office manager (Mr Kalagan I believe) eventually appeared and noted that they would be conducting an investigation to assess whether it was a member of staff or a guest that was responsible. He proceeded to suggest that I had been responsible for forcing the lock and had faked the break-in to obtain a discount from my bill. He noted that guests regularly did this at other hotels in Antalya. At this point, the discussion became more heated. The accusation was not only offensive, but entirely lacking in credibility given that some form of crow bar would have been required to break open the lock. It was by now 11.45am and we had no option but to leave for the airport. The hotel staff had evidently sought to delay the situation as far as possible to avoid resolving it in an appropriate manner.

As I got into the car, where my family were already waiting, the front office manager ran out of the hotel, phone to one ear, and stated through the open window that he would be reducing the bill by 1000 Turkish Lira, i.e. c.£440 versus the £700 nightly room rate and the total amount I had incurred of c.£9000. I asked him to process the refund and email to me the invoice. Nothing subsequently arrived by email and the full amount was charged to my credit card. When I followed up via my credit card company, the hotel claimed that another guest had mistaken my suite for his and mistakenly forced open the door. A nonsensical explanation, of course.

In summary, an extraordinary end to our stay and highly disappointing. This was certainly not the level of service or manner of departure I had expected from a hotel that styles itself as being a super deluxe property. The Mardan Palace is definitely not a "7-star" hotel, even ignoring the problems relating to the break-in to our room. The quality of the food lets it down as does rustic, albeit well-meaning, overall service levels. Ultimately, the approach adopted by management in response to a major security/safety issue was entirely inappropriate and reflected inexperience and arrogance. We will, of course, not be returning and would not recommend the hotel to discerning travellers.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
62  Thank Banker100

Dear Banker100,

The feedback of all our guests is very important for us and therefore we would like to thank you for sharing your personal experiences about your stay at Mardan Palace.
We sincerely regret to read that your expectations were not met .
We would like to inform you that we have shared your feedback with the relevant department Managers, so that they can overlook the services to detect where improvement is required.
The feedback of our guests is vital for us so that we can see which points need more attention and where we can improve our self, so that all our guests can enjoy their holiday to the fullest.
We sincerely hope that we may welcome you back to Mardan Palace Hotel.

Faithfully yours,

Reviewed 23 October 2010

..and and bit more. I am a regular reviewer as I do rely on the reviews for choice of hotel etc. Some of previous reviews did leave us wondering whether we had chosen the right hotel. However, we need not have worried. I do add that if you do stay at these 5 star luxury places then you do have to accept the inflated prices they charge, for example the £7 coke and cup of coffee etc. That aside we had a wonderful time.

We did arrange transfers by the hotel and agree this is outrageously expensive for a simple 15 minute car journey. The driver was polite but not chatty, but offered no water or towels etc which you would expect for a £140 one way transfer. Check in was fast and professional, with towels and a drink sat in the amazing lobby. You just cannot stop looking at those chandeliers!. Once taken to our room - we had an executive suite which was above main reception and overlooked the pool and down to the tower and sea. We were shown how all the lights etc worked in the room and an overview of where the restaurants were located. The suite was large and spacious with a dressing area and a walk in shower to die for (that isnt shown on the publicity photos). Housekeeping was very good as you can indicate using your room light when it is convenient to service the room. This worked well during theday but we often missed turndown as they always seemed to come before we had left for dinner. The pillow menu was great - I think we tried them all!!

Breakfast is probably the best we have experienced. As mentioned by other reviewers you could have your lunch if you went at 11am when service is finishing. There is nothing that is not available. Check out the chocolate fountain and the waffle counter! We ate at most of the restaurants and we did book but as the hotel was very quiet it really wasn't necessary. We were the only couple in the Thai restuarant on one evening. This was our least favourite and not due to the ambience but the actual food. Whilst it was cooked to order it really wasn't the standard of the other eateries. Italian - very nice. Pool bar, day time was superb with the chicken sandwiches. The Beach restaurant was also good - though small and therefore noisier and busier. We didnt sit on the beach due to wind (and huge waves) so this was an opportunity as the restaurant is on the beach to just have lunch there. Agua - do try as it is an experience watching the fish. They give you a choice of seating ie your preference of Red Sea, Pacific, Mediterrean or Carribean. Each section is slightly different in deco with a different aqarium. The food (all three courses) was delicious with very attentive service throughout. If you are unsure ask for a tour and to see the menu and their specials before hand. Our favourite was the Russian restaurant which was excellent - huge portions and something a bit different. Also do try the afternoon tea in reception - just like Claridges with all the trimmings.

We had a lazy time and used the pool area every day. The pool attendants worked ultra hard keeping you in the shade/sun, little treats now and again and the service (coffee/drinks) etc was quick and presented nicely. Do visit the zoo at the front of the hotel - there was no one in sight and the gentleman who looks after the zoo was delighted to show us around. All in all a great time away - very relaxing, no travel stresses as close to the airport. I would recommend this for an adult getaway. Be prepared to pay for those extras but we did feel very looked after, well fed and therefore felt it was good value.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank imperiallwizard

Dear imperiallwizard,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your addition review on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to read your comments and very happy to have welcomed you here in Mardan Palace.
We very much appreciate your kind words about our Hotel!
We already look forward to welcome you back again for your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2010

I was a guest at a wedding that was set up at the Mardan Palace - a destination wedding...and what an experience !
March is generally an off peak period for tourism in the Antalya area , with hardly any tourist to speak off , but the experience at the Mardan Palace , is something that words cannot describe its attributes fully. From the majestic entrance , the Ballagio style fountains to the absolutely fabulous decor of the lobby and common areas . The rooms are extra large and the bathroom - the size of a Manhattan studio !! ...all marble and granite and done up very tastefully...extravagant to a point , but not gaudy or tasteless. The very comfortable bed and the options of mutiple pillows to suit a guest's any whim/posture... the fresh linen, and towels and bathrobes to commensurate its Turkish heritage, all added up to the one fun filled and enjoyable experience.
This resort has not spared in pampering its guest , from importing white sand from Egypt ( that kept the ground temperature low by reflecting radiant heat) , for the comfort of barefooted sun bathers and beach swimming guest , to the massive out door fresh water pool and many restaurants to cater to any finicky palate - located above ground , below ground in themed restaurants . To top it all the staff was very courteous , friendly and co-operative towards us - a bunch of rather boisterous "NRI -baratis".
(as a barati - an invited guest , I cannot comment on the "value" - so I have posted a non-committal 3.)

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank arunkothari

Dear arunkothari,

The time you've taken to share your thoughts is more than appreciated.
We really enjoyed reading your thoughts and cannot thank you enough for sharing such a pleasant review.
We take great pride in our management and employees and what they do best – taking care of our guests! We are always graciously happy to hear of our guest's great experiences.
Your experiences and feedback are vital to us as we wish to show recognition to our colleagues and departments and also alternatively it helps to spot light any areas we need to focus more attention.
We look forward to warmly welcoming you back!

Kind regards,