1,104 results
All reviews animation team great holiday small pool lovely room just arrived back these guys great fun pancakes adelphi dido shows laugh momo aerobics nightclub dance
Reviewed 9 August 2018

i am going to give what in my opinion is a fair and accurate review, because we read a lot of negative reviews before we left to stay at this hotel and nearly cancelled our holiday because of it.
we are a welsh family of four. myself, my wife and 2 teenage sons.
we arrived at the hotel at 12.15 and were given the all inclusive bands straight away, which meant we could get food and drink straight away. check in isn't until 2pm so it was good to fill in the time.

Check in was very smooth, we were offered a sea view room which was bigger than we had booked at an extra charge of 5 dinar a day (approximately £25 in total)
The reception staff have been slated on Trip Adviser for being rude. We did not find them rude at all, just extremely busy, trying to sort out several things at a time in different languages, due to other guests of different Nationialities not having the manners to wait their turn.Unfortunately this was the norm in the hotel. The only problem i had at reception was they ran out of currency on 1 occasion, so i couldn't change any money. to be fair it was quite late on a Sunday evening when the banks were shut and there was a problem with the local ATM's connecting to the UK.

If our room (117) was anything to go by, the rooms are adequate for a 2 week break. there was plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. there was a flat screen TV in the room, although we never used it so i can't comment on what channels were available.
we did have a problem with the shower head, which was fixed in the time it took us to have our evening meal and watch a show by the animation team. i was impressed.
Like most hotels at this price range the rooms could do with a lick of paint to liven them up, but we don't go away to spend our time in the room, so it was ok.

Another area of complaint seems to be the bar staff. We found them to be hard working and friendly. There is a 2 drink per person limit set by the Hotel. Some of the bar staff stick to this rule, but the majority let it go once they get to know you.
I found that a smile,please and thank you worked just as well as a tip to get good service.

A lot of reviews also mention the constant hassle to buy excursions and spa treatments. We only really dealt with 2 of the sellers in the hotel. Ali and Mohamed. Both guys were polite and friendly. We did book a spa treatment with Ali and were able to get the price down after a lot of bartering, which is how the Tunisians work. Mohamed was the go to guy for jet ski-ing Camel rides etc. We were able to negotiate a good price for the camel ride, the water sports were done through an outside company so there wasn't any room to negotiate on the price, however Mohamed did get us extra time on the sports we did do. 25 minutes for the price of 20 on the jet skis and almost 90 minutes for the 60 minute boat ride. It was just a shame the Dolphins were hiding, but that's nature!

Now onto the subject that seems to get get the most complaints on here.
The food.
Basically we didn't like it. It seemed to be more to the tastes of other holiday makers. There are a lot of Russians, Polish, Algerian and Libyan tourists in the hotel, and the food is more to their taste. We have to remember that since the terrorist attack, there has not been any European tourists, so the food has probably been adjusted to suit the people who were able to go. Hopefully with time this will change.

Fortunately eating out is not expensive and there are a few restaurants nearby.

The Animation team always seemed to get a positive mention, and rightly so.
They work very long hours for very little money, but still manage to be very upbeat and put on amazing evening shows.
The standout Guys for us were Blacky,Rio,Ramos and Nino. They helped make our holiday. If you get a chance do the land train ride with Rio. Take some beers and make it a party train. Great fun.

In summary.
The Tunisians are really nice friendly people when you get to know them. Tunisia is a lovely country, but still showing the effects of losing tourists for 3 years. It is a bit run down.
The Hotel is ok, not a European 4 star more like a 3. There are definately improvements that can be made, mainly in the restaurant.

Would we go back to this hotel? Probably not, but this is mainly to do with the fact that we like to do things outside the hotel in the evening and there is not a lot to do. There are a few restaurants and shops nearby, but no bars to sit in with a beer and watch the world go by. I think this is down to the culture/religion of Tunisia.
It is a very safe place to be, a very high profile police presence since the recent troubles.

Just a quick mention to the fellow brits we met. Thanks Ceri, Nathan and kids, Colin,Sue and kids and finally Andy Cath and Charlotte. Thanks for the memories. Keep in touch.

Room tip: Pay the extra for a sea view. It's stunning
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Brits_abr0ad
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I went here the 24th july first time here with my family me my partner 7year old son and 11month old daughter... we got there and hotel looked clean, then we got to our room floors where clean but then the rest wasnt clean at all... even worse no air con working... complained for 4 days 2 seperate compaines came out to fix it 11pm at night with my kids asleep for the 4 days i was sick of mentioning it and the holiday was already ruined i couldnt relax or take my 11 month old to cool down and have a sleep in the room as it was like a sauna..... the reception staff was so rude and spoke vile to people.... entually the 5th day got given a key to another room same floor again no air con....complained again and got huffed atand a ket slung at me to have a look at it.... was alot better cool cleaner but then i asked for a single bed to be put in for my son like our first room had and the man flung it in and left my partner to deal with it certainly not a great deal of help there....our 5th day was speant a few hours moving stuff from 5th floor to 1st floor so wasnt relaxing at all our last 2 days where better but i dont see why they couldnt of done this in the first place.... and then to my amazment instead of fixing the air con before anyone else got the room they put anothwe family in it same day we came out of it.... reception staff rude but resturant staff where lovely and couldnt of asked for a more friendly staff for the kids and the entertaintment staff where good aswell.... but our little girls first holiday for her birthday and our family holiday with close friends was ruined would never got here again

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

l’animation est bien ,on s’amuse bien , bien accuiellant la piscine est bien simo crazy boy . me and my family enjoyd here .we will back agen tunisaaaaaaa.2018 lovely .thnkyou everybody for the grateful holiday

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

It’s was good. And nice holiday for me and my friends .im from Libya and first time I come to Tunis.its Fantastic and the animation it’s was so perfect exactly our friend simoooooooooooo .crazy boy .funny and positive boy .

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Отель хороший , аниматоры очень классные, два бассейна, вкусная еда, всё супер! . So its waaaas my best holiday . I will back agen .i love tunisia .and pepole so cute .
I will tell all my friends about this hotel .they will come with me here .bye

Trip type: Travelled with family