“Fantastic hotel and amazing entertainment team ”

Skanes Family Resort
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Monastir
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Great hotel with the best entertainment team .amazing view and much more We loved both the pools and the beach. I have to give special mention to the animation team they are communicable and friendly . We give big thanks to Mimi Ahmed .ziko.samar.rabeb . Scooby I found this place had most of what we need .hope to see you all next year

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,025)

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I spent one week in this hotel It was great Service was so good from all the departments Staff always smile. The positive points in this hotel :the rooms are so clean .always different food and taste. Aqua park too. We don't forget the animation team they work so hard with big smile .always different activities and different shows at night for kids and adults For sure we will come back again

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Apart from the private pool the hotel is very average and the service is far from the family hotel they advertise for.

NO ROOM SERVICE!

My toddler could not feed at all and the reception refused me to have food taken from the restaurant the restaurant staff told me to hide it in a bag without anybody's knowledge... For God sake I am not a thief I am a mother needed to feed her child!

RUDE STAFF
They mixed their local language with French and are damn rude. Many though I was local and if this is how they treat their own then they should not have paying guests at all!

Best to use another hotel with a better service and better trained staff.

1  Thank O_Letaief
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We had an initially whoa when we saw the private pool but that's it. The food is OK my husband is a meat eater and loved the meat (although he said their were trying to portion it small when they carved it for you) and seemed reluctant to serve more) on the other end there is not much of a choice for vegetarians (well most of the food although labelled did not detailed what in it, so if you had a Quiche you would need to ask if it is vegetarian or not) a bit annoying to ask every single time so I handed up not eating a lot!

Anyway most staff spoke to me their local languages or mixed it with French. Probably assuming I am local (I am mixed race French/English and with a bit of tan I probably do look local to them). So I got the treatment they give to any locals I suppose. Not a good experience at all! Most of the time the tone is harsh and rude and send you a message not to bother them!!! Hello I am a paying guest here !

On the plus side there is a lot of swimming pools around and the beach but I guess you can have this at any hotels so this hotel is nothing special.

What was the most ennnoying was they lack of flexibility to accommodate family needs... I asked for room service for breakfast and they said no despite explaining that my 2 year old who sleep until 14:00 missed the breakfast and there was nothing else he could eat from they other snack bars... he is a very fussy eater. They run the breakfast until 10am and my 5 years also missed it but could go to get sandwishes at the snack bar.

I could anybody be so insensitive and deprive a 2 year old of food.

The resto Chef sent me to ask reception and the reception staff yet again spoke to me rudely using a mixed of Arabic and French when I told her I could not understand she realised her mistake and change attitude and tone and said oh you are not Tunisian!?!? Then stated maybe the Chef would allow me to take some bits for my 2 years old to go and ask them. When I went back the Chef stated he could not allow me as he could be in trouble but if I took it and have it hidden in a bag it would be best. After going back to my room to get a bag to hide food, I had the worst feeling of stealing food when I am a paying guest and should not made feel I am stealing to feed my 2 year old!

What puzzles me is the double standard as the night before I was allowed to take bread for my 2 years old who only eats the inside.

I would say check before you book that the hotel has room service to avoid such awkward and unnecessary scenarios, especially if you have small fussy eaters who are likely not to wake up on time for the scheduled restaurant times.

I rated this hotel purely on my experience and the service for family which for a place advertising to be great for family is not that great.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Thank you all and the hotel is great, service is wonderful and special animation teaam : mike ,zanita, bello, anes, tchika ,kate, clara ,dj ,and the others also thanks thanks for every thing and i hope to continue like that

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monastir
1.7 km away
2.3 km away
Neptunia Beach
Neptunia Beach
#10 of 43 in Monastir

Been to Skanes Family Resort? Share your experiences!