US$119
US$153
US$131
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Dar Al Mansoura(Mahdia)(Great Value!)
US$74
Dar Jamila(Mahdia)
US$110
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Well , I booked 2 rooms for a family of five,at the reception they gave me a suite
called rafik,I thought I was lucky but surprises were waiting for me , first ;sewage odour
some errant roaches and at night I had to call the reception because of a mosquito raid
daytime, I talked to the hotel manager,the guru was talking to me as i should never complain in this period since the hotel is overbooked and no available rooms to move to
bottom line,the hotel does not earn a 4 star in some areas ,and in the attached pictures if visible you can see what sort of bed I was given and a photo of the nearest wc to my SUITE???

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ahmed J
Reviewed 6 October 2015

We chose this hotel for a family vacation (mother, sister and her baby and me) last week of September 2015. Transfer from the airport was all right and safe and took about 1.5 hours. The hotel is right on the beach, the rooms are a bit older but clean and the room servis is excellent. We had a all inclusive program, the food was plentiful and delicious, we always tried local cuisine, fish, seafood, deserts. We had a beautiful seafront view, the hotel is a horseshoe shape, most rooms overlooking the garden, kids playground and pools.
My niece is only 22 months old and she could enjoy all the fun for kids, nice playground, slides, swings, kids pool, toboggans (in our company), mini disco and kids club.
We had fun with the Animation team, they did everything to keep the guests busy and happy, always with a smile on their face. We tried workout on the beach, aqua aerobic, darts, zumba, enjoyed evening programs. Could have tried much more but not with the baby, maybe next time. They also offer beach volleyball, horseback and camel riding, massages, cosmetic treatment, Arabic lesson, Tunisian tea making, etc. You definately won`t get bored during your stay!!
The only downfall is no wi-fi in the room, only in the lobby and when all guests log on it is very slow or just stops entirely.
The Medina is about 10 mins by taxi, but you can also walk around the nearby streets and enjoy a bit of local shopping. It`s very safe!
The beach was nice, with plenty parasols and sunbeds.
The staff spoke many languages, Arabic and French of course, German, English, Russian and even a bit of Czech.
Great hospitality!!!

Room Tip: rooms in the main wing and far right wing (when you face the sea) are more quiet
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank coralek
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

Are u looking for a great place where to spend relaxing holidays? Dont waste ur time koz this hotel offers not only two fantastic swimming pools and clean beach but also an excellent restaurant and confortable rooms with nice views. This hotel is also very clean and the staff is friendly!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank sirine d
Reviewed 29 May 2015 via mobile

My husband and I have just spent a week this hotel. Overall the experience was very good. The staff are very helpful although some had limited English.
The cleaners work through the day constantly cleaning communal areas, rooms are cleaned to a good standard although our bathroom needed to be redone..mould on the untitled wall and the shower head faced out to the floor! The food was fantastic..something different everyday although pasta and pizza were always available if u didn't want to be adventurous!
There is a big emphasis on activities within the hotel, Zuma, aerobics, water polo ect everyday and nightly shows.
We were the only English couple there so became known as England! There are very enthusiastic to have more English come to the hotel.
The bank will change your money, visas can be purchased at the bank also, wife in the lounge. The trips quads ect are great value.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mulenje
Reviewed 15 April 2015

We booked a 15 day trip with our small kids about two weeks before the museum shooting. I have to admit, I was a bit apprehensive given what happened but reminded myself that in the bigger picture, you have a better chance of going in a car accident. Bottom line: If you skip this country based on that one event, you're missing out on a great trip with unbelievably nice (and multi-lingual) people. You're also hurting a country that could really use our support as they rely heavily on tourism.

The hotel is closed from December-February so that's why you won't see any reviews for this timeframe.

I read one review of the hotel before I left from a guy from the UK complaining about the lack of English spoken by staff and lack of warm plates (really?) in the restaurant. First off, the overwhelming majority of customer-facing staff (restaurant staff, bar staff, reception, customer service, etc) speak Arabic and German and also in many cases also speak enough English and/or French to get by. If you only speak English, perhaps you should consider learning a second language before complaining. The Tunisians we met didn't seem to have any trouble learning 2-4 languages.

For a country that has had its share of troubles over the past few years, the people are unbelievably nice and friendly. We ventured away from the hotel for 2 trips - one to the local town Mahdia for half a day, and a half-day camel trip - both of which were trips that we booked through onsite hotel tour companies. Both were fun trips and reasonably priced. In both cases, we also met great people, locals who were more than happy to speak with us. Never did we feel insecure and no one was pushy. They might ask once or twice if they're selling something, but in our experience, that was it. No one hounded you or followed you around.

Here are some additional thoughts to describe what else we witnessed:

Food: No complaints. The all you can eat restaurant had a great deal of variety and they serve a number of local Tunisian dishes to try. Tunisia is an Islamic country but they still served pork dishes multiple times for its guests so you can't say they don't try. We tried the seafood restaurant once and it was good. We also tried the Brazilian restaurant and it was excellent. The all you can eat restaurant had a nice variety 3 times per day too, we felt.

Drinks: My wife and I aren't huge drinkers but we observed that have a somewhat limited selection of alcoholic drinks, compared with what I've experienced in say Cuba or Mexico. Not a complaint, just an observation. Having said that, they have multiple places to get unlimited coffee/cappuccino, water, juice, beer, and wine as well as other alcoholic drinks and you can serve yourself in many cases. You can get unlimited 1.5L bottles of water (with or without gas) at the main bar in reception. All bar staff were great and all spoke multiple languages.

Facilities: Our room was fine. The hotel isn't new so don't expect a brand new room. The rooms were a bit dated but were always clean and secure. No complaints though. The lobby is very modern and clean. Staff are always cleaning something to keep it tidy.

Visitors: When we arrived, we were the only native English speakers as far as we could tell. Most guests were from Germany which is where we currently live. By the second week, the French speakers had started arriving. My wife speaks Arabic and I currently speak enough German to get by so we had no trouble. As mentioned, many staff also speak French and some English and even a bit of Italian. Later in the summer, this hotel is very popular with Italians. There were also Swiss arriving as we were leaving.

Beach: We arrived in late March and stayed till mid April. The sea was only about 19 degrees so it wasn't being used much. The beach itself was nice and the kids had fun playing in the sand.

Pools: As with the sea, the outdoor pools were a bit chilly as the really hot weather hadn't arrived in April when we were there. Still, people were swimming and the pools looked very well maintained. The 2 lifeguard staff were great. Very nice, personable guys. They also have an indoor pool which at 30 degrees, was very comfortable and was a favourite of our kids.

Kids Club: Fantastic. Aziz, Rio and Madi were the staff that spent the most time with our kids and the kids club gets 10/10 from us. It's open from 10am-12pm and 3pm-5pm each day except Tuesday when its closed. They also do a daily kids disco from 8pm-8:30pm that our kids absolutely loved. They did a great job in this department. Aziz and Rio have tonnes of stuff for the kids and Madi does some amazing face painting for the kids.

Other staff: Other than what I've already referred to, the staff were great across the board. The reception staff were great. Very pleasant and always happy. Ahmed the guest relations man is a gem. Fantastic man who easily moves between speaking Arabic, German, French and English. I witnessed one of the chefs speaking German and then turning around and started talking in French with a Frenchman who couldn't get the microwave working and then was speaking Arabic to my wife about 30 seconds after that. Our cleaning lady was very pleasant and went out of her way to keep the room clean and was always nice to our kids.

Location: The hotel does take about 2.5 hours to get to from the airport assuming you're flying into Tunis. If you can fly through a closer airport, I'd suggest it but we did the bus ride each way and it is what it is.

Other stuff: They had an onsite night club and spa/massage facilities. We didn’t use either so can’t comment on them. The spa staff were always pleasant and not pushy when we bumped into them.

Bottom line: We'd go back in a heartbeat. Excellent, fun trip. Even after 15 days, we were sad to leave.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea. We found the rooms very quiet as the walls are concrete.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family