2 people are viewing this hotel
TravelocityUS$65
Trip.comUS$64
FindHotelUS$64
2,118 results
All reviews animation team bar staff lunch and dinner quad biking pizza pirate ship camel ride great holiday a la carte food was lovely aqua gym plenty of choice salad sonia entertainment shop laugh
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2022

My family & I spent 14 nights at this place . We have travelled widely over the years and I can honestly say this is the worst place we have ever been . If it wasn’t for the general staff in this place the hotel would have nothing to offer .
On our arrival we was greeted by Sonia (receptionist ) Our booking couldn’t be found so she asked us to go have some lunch and come back in a while . She fitted our wrist bands and pointed us in the direction of the Resturant . We went outside to the pool bar area and on 1st impressions everything looked fantastic.
We were all smiling and feeling pretty good with ourselves . The bar staff were exceptional friendly and helpful . We had a drink and a chat then returned back to the reception. Sonia gave us our magnetic card and room number 215 . This room is located on the 1st floor level , just 1 flight of stairs .
When we reach our door there was firstly no light outside and the hallway was quite dark making it difficult to see the lock.when entering the room we were surprised with how small the room was , defiantly not a family superior. Which is what we paid for … I enquired with Sonia at reception as to wether our room was a family superior , she made out she was unsure and asked us to give her some time to find out . I gave my what’s app number so they could contact us with her answer.
On the 4th morning of being at the hotel we decided to ask Sonia why we had not been contacted . She made out she knew nothing and preceded in asking if we wanted to move rooms . We said yes so again we were sent to the Resturant while she tried to find a replacement room.when we returned Sonia sent us with the bag boy to look at what room she had managed to find . This room was located on the 3rd floor accessible by stairs and lift . Number 461 , wow what a big room , 2.5 times bigger than the previous room with another separate bedroom included . We asked if the ac was working and was told yes , we was so overwhelmed by the size of the room we missed quite a few problems that we didn’t notice until we had moved in and unpacked .

1.leak from the ceiling. Bathroom area
2.The Shower is inadequate. Very low pressure .
3.There are broken tiles on the floor.
4.No balcony furniture. Not big enough to sit 3 people .
5.A/c useless does not cool room.
6.There also seems to be a leak from under the bath area making the floor dangerous to walk on.
7. Very poor lighting ( dim )
8. There are many moth holes in the curtains letting in light .
9. There is a crack in the hand wash basin .
10. Wash hand basin waste is blocked and smells.
11. Tv is faulty no channels .
12. No radio in the room .
13. Only 2 chairs to sit on in the room .
14. The mastic around the basin and bath is in a very poor state and needs replacing .

These problems were reported by myself immediately and every day with nothing being done , on the 4th day of complaint I sent an email to make my complaint official as obviously our complaints were being ignored . I have never had a response to my email. On our last day we spoke to the Manager and explained that we were unhappy we were in a room for 10 days with many problems and being ignored just added to our distress . The manager seemed clearly upset that we had been ignored and offered us massages as compensation, we explained that it had been left to long now and we was just looking forward to going home . He just walked of , no good bye , nothing .

The Hotel itself is clearly run down with very poor maintenance & poor management . The food is the same every day. The drinks are watered down , the pool area is dangerous when walking and running you can slip easily .there are 4 different types of tiles in the main pool with shards or ceramic tile laying , waiting to cut you. The slide area has dirty water with over grown bushes . There’s no welcome drink on arrival , no Al a cart Resturant .no indoor pool.very poor snacks , nothing for the children , ice cream , slushes or savory snacks at all. The lifts break down every day . Only 40% of rooms seems to have a/c . There’s a night club opposite the hotel that plays pumping music until 5 am every morning with people shouting , Cars and large motor bikes reving there engine .
We were told by many people that they didn’t have any balcony furniture . The balcony are only designed to cater for 2 people at a time.

This Hotel clearly is not a 4* more like 2*
The description by love holidays is very Mis leading and the rep Myriam dose not answer his phone or reply to messages.

There are a good selection of restaurants outside of the hotel grounds , all within easy walking distance. They are all reasonably price and a family of 3 can eat and drink for around £40 .

Yellow taxis outside can be flagged down easily and are dirt cheap . 30 minutes taxi ride about £4.50

Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank mcquaidstephen
Reviewed 7 August 2022

I understand Tunisia has been badly hit by Covid and needs to recover their economy etc... I also understand that 4* in England would be very different from 4* in Africa, however.....

This hotel is a 2* at best. I travelled there for a week with my son, my friend and her son. This is our honest opinion and experience:

The good bits:
[] The staff are great and clearly doing their very best. The animation team deserve a special mention, and Linko in particular tried very hard to make our stay special. If you ever meet him, ask him to show you his artwork - he is SOOOOO talented! The rep Sabri, was also completely amazing and very attentive and available.

[] The weather, if you want a cracking tan - this is a good place to go!

[] The new Medina is great for picking up (Fake but good quality) clothing and trainers, while the old Medina was more traditional. Be aware if you wander to the residential area and someone starts to talk to you about the door decorations, whilst it is interesting, they will expect you to pay for the talk after!

[] The pirate ship trip was very entertaining and reasonably priced.

The bad bits:

[] In the hotel, after making 4 complaints of the AC not working in our rooms, we were moved rooms from 404 & 416 to 213 & 216. After looking online, this appears to be a common theme that you have to keep complaining and then they move you to a better room. I would still say that although the new rooms were cooler, I would not describe it as AC but it was more manageable.

[] In room 404, the fridge wasn't working, AC leaked on the floor, taps moved in the bathroom, shower pulsated, limescale on the taps and the bath had a slimy film.

[] In room 416, the shower pulsated, there was an intermittent smell of sewerage which was so strong it woke my friend up and limescale on the taps.

[] General unpleasant behaviour from local national guests who seem to go for long weekends every week. Their behaviour included; pushing and shoving other guests at all meal times; queue jumping for food, snacks and drinks; loading plates and plates and plates of food leaving nothing for anyone else and then leaving most of it uneaten on their tables; the kids trying to take your inflatables in the pool

[] Every day we witnessed at least 3 to 4 complaints to the Manager Mr Lofte, some of which resulted in aggressive behaviour such as shouting

[] All French and English guests we spoke to have been very unhappy with the hotel too.

[] Lack of catering staff, huge queues which generated long waiting times

[] A La Carte restaurant was closed - reason given was there is not enough guests

[] Food was limited and repetitive, with not enough being made to cater for all guests, resulting in huge queues of up to 40 minutes, or even an hour at snack times.
are only available between 3-5 and are limited to deep fried batter donuts or pancakes. No ice creams, no fruit.

[] In the main restaurant the tables are only set for the first round of customers, so you have to wait ages for the tables to be cleared and even when they were, no cultlery was set.

[] Cleanliness was poor - food from previous meals still under the counters and a build up of grime on the walls and floors.

[] At snack time, there are huge queues due to people being allowed to have at least two to three plates with about 20 crepes on each plate - we queued for an hour, most of that was at the front of the queue and when it was ours turn to be served, we were told it was closed - this caused a huge aggressive argument from many disgruntled guests at the back of the queue and security was called to deal with the incident.

[] Indoor pool empty (no water)

[] Slides are only open for half a day and these have trees over grown over it, my child has bruises and burns on his legs due to the slides not having sufficient water flowing down them

[] The slide pool was green and we were told by a staff member that it's where the children tend to urinate in the pool, and there isn't enough staff to keep it clean

[] There are two baby pools by the slides which didn't have water in them

[] The bars are grimy and in sufficiently stocked.

[] The 'private' beach was vile, with litter, broken glass and holes in the ground everywhere. The sea was nice though with clear water and little fish swimming around your feet - although be warned if you go out too far as I did, you may also have a close encounter with a large jellyfish eeeeek!

[] Be warned that in the Medina areas (this happened to us twice) you may be approached by a man claiming to be a Cook in your hotel, he isn't. It's just a ploy to get you into his shop. Turn your wristbands inside out so they cant see what hotel you are staying in.

In general, the staff were lovely and tried to help us with our issues, but it is clear the catering department is overwhelmed. Sabri (our rep) has been very supportive and needs to be commended for this. He has gone out of his way to try and help us.

Room tip: Keep complaining and you will get a better room with working AC
Reviewed 6 August 2022

I am on holiday here now, and the food is the same everyday doesn't matter time you come down for food it is busy, you can hardly get any plates and when you do they aren't exactly clean.
Drinks well if you you only want a shot of coke then this is the place for you.
I paid for a superior family room and I had to move as I went to the front desk several times asking them to fix the AC as it only blew out hot air I was told to wait an hour I was in that room for 4 days melting, yes they got my family another room but not a superior family room that I paid for, one of my children is in a roll away bed that his legs are hanging over the bed.
When I first got in the room I tried to turn the AC down and got an electric shock from.
The pool with slide have trees over grown and is green in colour, my daughter cut her foot on the grids around the side of the pool, I went up to reception for a plaster only to find out that they have no first aid box, on the main pool was the second time she had cut her foot on the tile getting out of the pool.
This is also advertised with an indoor pool, it may have an indoor pool but there is no water in.
The beach has rubbish on the sand and in the water, if you do go down bring water or dinars as there is another hotel facility that you can get drinks from.
I have seen the maintenance guy with electric cables trailing over the main pool with people in, clearly health and safety is not their top priority.
Bar staff waiters, and cleaners try there best, but unfortunately you can't polish a turd only put glitter on.
This hotel is no way a 4 star 2 at best.

Only place to get Internet from is reception nothing in the room I am in.
Avoid this place.

Reviewed 5 August 2022 via mobile

This review is written having visited on our first all exclusive family holiday, 2 adults, 3 kids 16, 11 and 7.
From start to finish. The hotel is about an hour away on coach, 35 mins in a taxi with a mad man driver beeping and putting his toe down (that was an experience within itself!)
Arrived at the hotel at 3.30am and the poor guy behind the desk was back wards and forwards like a yo-yo. Upon check in we discovered that there are no interconnecting family rooms. Our rooms were opposite each other. No huge deal for us as the 16 year old had her own room and we carried a mattress across to our room for the 11 year old. But if with younger children I can see this being a big issue. Room 215 is lovely, quiet as facing the smaller pool and the air con works. Room 208 is also nice but facing the larger pool so has the noise from the animation in the evening and NO AIR CON. We asked for this to be looked at 3 times but it never was. I just don’t think it works and with a weekly turnover of people in that room they get round it. The WiFi was also perfect in room. The housekeepers are lovely and to a great job. Beds made, swept, water left daily and towels each day. Rooms also have a fridge which is cold enough to freeze drinks which is very needed!! Balcony with furniture was nice, didn’t use much except for drying swim stuff.
Food is manageable for a week. Like others have said, it’s very repetitive but all tastes good. Lots of rice, fish, couscous and veg. No toaster at breakfast which I found odd but the usual pancakes, meats, cheeses, pastry’s. Then a selection of hot eggs and the biggest baked beans I have ever seen in my life!
Lunch and dinner you won’t go hungry. No kids menu as advertised but they do have pizza, chips, nuggets, pasta etc so they won’t starve. Grab glasses for the table when they come out as there aren’t enough to go round. Drinks machines in the restaurant not great so easier to go to the bar and get a drink from there.
There is a bus to the beach (it’s ok when there I promise). We did jet skiing and and inflatable boat ride. Staff there were lovely too. Make sure you haggle the excursion people at the hotel as they will start at double the price. We got quad biking for five people in the end for £80, they first wanted £130! We also did the pirate ship which I would highly recommend. Didn’t use the spa. Good entertainment, food included was good. Kids enjoyed jumping in the sea from the boat and we also saw dolphins!! It is audience participation and typically I was one of the poor suckers carried over a pirates shoulder to the front of the ship to take part! It was good fun though.
The think that really made the holiday for us was the animation team. All of the guys are lovely and really want to make your holiday the best it can be. Poolside daily they have darts, 2x aqua aerobics/salsa, Arabic lessons. It’s good fun to watch if not wanting to take part. In the evening there is bingo, games, mini disco for the kids and then grown up games/quiz/disco a bit later on. Good but a bit much every night.
Now for the all inclusive bit. 3 meals a day, tiny cups of Fanta, coke or sprite. Lager and spirits which are very strong in taste. At 3pm they have snacks which is either a pancake or a donut. This was a little disappointing for us. We would have liked a bit more of a variety and some ice creams or lollies for the kids. They only had ice cream twice at dinner while we were there and it was in a tiny pot. There are no snacks/food available other than meal times so you can’t just grab something if you are hungry. Other than leaving to go to the shop across the road which we did a couple of times for room snacks.
There is a shop onsite that sells crisps, sun cream inflatables and souvenirs. The guy who runs the shop is lovely! Had a chat with him on a daily basis and he was a genuinely lovely guy. Also an outdoor sheesha lounge if you fancy it and a tea cafe.
The pool is big enough for the hotel and much needed in the August heat. Never a problem getting sun loungers and if you can’t find any the staff find them for you. It does need a bit of maintenance as does the rest of the hotel but for a week it’s ok.
The staff here are truly lovely and are happy to help with everything. Sonya on reception and Linko/Said stood out for me ❤️. Tip where you can as they are very clearly over worked and underpaid. I could write all day with bits and bobs but the bottom line is. Tunisia has suffered greatly with the covid closures and doesn’t have the money to get back on its feet as quickly as other places. Go with an open mind and enjoy your holiday.

Room tip: Go early for meal times if you can as queue’s can get busy. Especially between Thurs/Sunday.
Reviewed 21 July 2022

I have stayed at this Hotel in 2019 and 2022 as a solo traveller. The staff are so helpful and friendly and did everything they could to make my holiday enjoyable. The remember you and treat you like a family member. The Animation team tried so hard to entertain you no matter what Nationality and must members were multi lingual. A great holiday all round

Date of stay: June 2022