Hotel Le Royal Hammamet
US$93
La Badira(Hammamet)
US$136
Medina Solaria & Thalasso(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Pool
US$148
Hotel Bel Azur(Hammamet)
US$84
Vincci Flora Park(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$41
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Diar Lemdina(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$67
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom servicehalf boardthe cleaning ladyconferencetunisiamaintenancewaitersarabicanimation
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I stayed here for a conference in May 2010 for a week. This hotel grew on me (although I wouldn't call it a five star). It's set up like a lot of resorts, with a main building and the majority of rooms in outbuildings around it. I was in one of these outbuildings, on a ground floor room. I wasn't too impressed at first, but the room had plenty of space and a nice private veranda. There's a decent number of cable channels on TV, and most important, a safe. The directions for it are really confusing though, so don't follow them, just set it and use it like you do other hotel safes. The bath-shower is in a different room than the toilet and bidet. Lots of closet space. The double bed is two twins put together. Air conditioning took a little while to get going, but when it did it worked just fine. The one issue was that the "about the hotel" book didn't have any phone numbers in it. I didn't get room service but a colleague did and said it was very good.

The grounds are really nice. There's a pool that's like a fountain where most people seem to lounge, and I think maybe it's heated, but I didn't go into it. Lots of loungers around it and they played music, everything from Eurotrash pop to 1980s Will Smith. Then there are some nice flowers and canals, and a lunchy sandwich place, a rectangle unheated pool that is mostly empty but was great for swimming laps, and then down to the beach which was also very nice with lots of chairs. Flowers carpeted the grounds as well - very nice! There's a fitness center but as I swam laps I didn't go there. In the main building is also a bar (there was a belly dancing show one night!), a gift shop that sells mainly beach things and knockoffs of designer things, and two restaurants, a nicer one and the buffet. I had the buffet for breakfast and lunch, it was good - breakfast had a made to order omelet and crepe station, and lunch had a pasta bar. There was a ton of variety with foods from at least three continents on offer, plus the usual salads, olives, breads, etc. I have to recommend the turkey - I thought it was odd that it was served so much but it was fabulous - it's nothing like North American turkey.

Mostly people speak Arabic. If you don't speak Arabic, the second choice is French. Communicating in French was fine, but their English was definitely limited. That said, there was a definite desire to please on the part of the staff - including when I had a leak from above in my water closet, and they came and fixed it almost immediately. The hotel is set a little ways off the main drag, so it's about a 15-minute walk to the marina area with the shops and restautants.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Yasmin Hammamet area - I think there are better places to go in Tunisia - but if you are going to go there, I recommend Le Royal.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank philsdottir
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We stayed here for one week at the end of July. Before I booked the hotel i read a post which said the hotel was dated...that post was spot on but I booked anyway because of some positve posts, what a mistake. I have stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world and this has to be the worst by far. For the money we paid you would expect nothing but luxury. but thats was not that case. The beds were in a terrible state, the bathroom needed a complete refurb, loose tiles, the toilet would not flush properly, dirty shower curtain and from what I could see, all rooms are like this. The Tv was an old style one with poor quality reception. The gym doesnt have air conditioning so while you doing your work out you get a free sauna session too. The reason this hotel charges the rates it does is because of the location which is about 10 minutes walk to the street where the supermarket and all the restaurants are. However there are lots of hotels located next to le royale and so for sure you are better off choosing one of these as the ones on the same line all have beach access and the ones that dont you just cross over the road and walk to a road that leads you to the beach. The one nice thing about this hotel was the gardens and pool area but as we managed to view some of other hotels on this strip these areas were the same in terms of quality.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank londoner500
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Great 5 star hotel . I was impressed with this hotel
I was welcomed with greetings , smile and a welcome drink.
we went half board and the breakfast and evening meals were fantastic.
this hotel is good for everybody, families, couple and solo travelers.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank u_akhtar
Reviewed 9 March 2009

Great 5 star hotel . I was impressed with the presence of management ,
I was welcomed with a greetings , smile , and professionalisme .
I loved the garden and the hotel facilitires , and i will bring my family back this year in september .

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2008

If you are looking for a luxury holiday, this is not the place, unless your idea of luxury is complimentary shampoo and hair conditioner!

Let's get the negatives out of the way first! Were Stalin to teach Hotel Management, the managers would have a diploma from his school. Imperious, aloof and inhospitable is the only way to describe the management team. It does'nt rate 5* in a European sense. Indeed, I experienced a Fawlty Tower moment when the Reception Manager was shouting down the telephone to tell me something had not happened when it clearly had!

All this aside, tired as the hotel is, the 7 days we had fitted the bill.Good weather and quiet repair a multitude of ills. There is a great pool and the private beach is on the doorstep. It is a great place for families. Avoid the cocktail bar's London prices, £10.00 for a measure of Absolut Vodka or Gordon's Gin!

Food is plentiful, although hit and miss. Search out Malek in the buffet restaurant, he exudes all the qualities the hotel ought to have, subtle elegance and a charming manner.

Stayed: October 2008