Open today: 00:00 - 23:59

from US$254.86
from US$212.49
from US$1,168.67
More Info
All reviews ksar ghilane desert driver history djerba
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Small and private excursions (no more than 4 people) with an awesome price (3 meals includes. Always arrive on time. Flexible with what you to do. Always calm, you never fell in a hurry. We did this trip with Montana - always playful and eager to teach us - and the driver 'uncle' (excellent drive, on and off the road). We saw the many berber villages (Chenini, Matmata, Toujane, Tamezret) and its amazing mountain views and rock desert. We spent the night in a nice camp in Ksar Ghilane, had some time to relax in a hot bath just by the camp, we road quad bikes and watched the sunset in the desert dunes, made a camel ride in the morning with some well treated camels. An awesome getaway from Djerba if you want to know a piece of berber culture and taste a little bit of the Sahara - almost literally!

depart t, Guest Relations Manager at Depart Travel Services, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hey Miguel.
We are so happy you enjoyed tour trips and tours with our local travel agency Depart Travel Services... You were a wonderful couple and our team enjoyed as well taking you through the Tunisian desert.
Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

We did the day trip with Aymel and it was even better than hoped for. Punctual pickup from our hotel on Djerba, coffee and rosrmary tea, then quad bikijg and camel ride at Khsar Ghilaine, troglodyte homes at Matmata, khsar tour, great lunch and swim in the sahara. Fast and well air conditioned car. Good value for money. Unforgettable trip.

depart t, Public Relations Manager at Depart Travel Services, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2021

Dear Mr Sebastian,

Thank you again for sharing tour expérience and for this great review.
Hope to see you one next time and offert you the "Lagmi" we missed during this tour.
Have a great Time in Marocco

Reviewed 4 September 2020

Initially I've booked a night tour to the Sahara dessert with Depart Travels, however faith has led this trip to be cancelled due to some technical errors. Instead of turning me down, Aymen has asked me what are on my wish list and has tailor made a trip proposal all for me privately. It wasn't a regret going on this trip. Ive set my expectation to be an average standards, however with the help of Aymen and the friendly locals, who Aymen has arranged for me to meet, have made me experience one of the best adventure I've ever done. Aymen himself drove me and explained each cities and villages we went to. Even after the trip of the day has ended, unlike any other guides who will just abandon you at your hotel, Aymen has invited me out for a beer and to chill the nights. He is a really kind and knowledgable man. I have done everything I've wanted and perhaps more thanks to Depart Travels. I highly recommend people to this agency and especially a tour with Aymen himself. Ps: He is an exceptional driver, especially on the off road dunes of the desert.

Date of experience: August 2020
depart t, Owner at Depart Travel Services, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2020

Hey Andre ! Thanks a lot brother for taking the time to share you opinion on our page and thanks a lot for this detailed description of what we did ! I am really glad you enjoyed the tailor-made tour proposed by Depart Travel Services and my driving skills :-)
Hope to see you soon for other adventures my friend.
Take good care of yourself and wish you all the luck for the university

Reviewed 4 September 2020 via mobile

The best trip I've ever been! (Ksar Ghilane, another villiges and Sahara desert)VERY professional service. The guide tells an interesting story. Very professional driver. The all crew was focused on helping and safety for tourists. I will definitely use their services again! Good job guys!

Date of experience: September 2020
2  Thank oskarj357

Dear Oskar,

Thanks a lot for your trust to our services and for the time you took to share you opinion on our page. We are really glad you enjoyed the tour and the services of our staff. We will be more than glad to have you again with us for other adventures !
Be safe and take good care

Reviewed 23 March 2020 via mobile

We’ve book a daytrip with Aymen in march. It’s been one of the most memorable experience of my entire life. Aymen and his team have been really professional and friendly. If you like adventure and go out the beaten path, it is a nice option as in a day you can mix different landscape and atmosphere. I recommend it for sure

Date of experience: March 2020
depart t, Director of Sales at Depart Travel Services, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2020

Dear Benedicte, Thanks a lot fot the time you took to rate us and share your experience with our vistors. We are so glad you enjoyed your tour with our local travel agency and you loved the tour. Hope to see you soon for a new adventure