See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2016

This is a good friendly small hotel out of town, it is not suitable for single people looking to have a whoop up. I arrived on a Saturday and was told the bar was closing at 20:00 due to staff having a day off, and so it carried on. Now to be fair this didn`t inconvenience me. You will need transport to go anywhere from here which the hotel are happy to arrange

I like German food spending a lot of time in Germany as a kid and was not impressed with the restaurant, it was just okay, it appears they make a sauce and that`s what you get on most dishes, even the soup tasted of it, however the very basic breakfasts were good with loads of bread and rolls.

This hotel does not have a bakery on site as some places advertise

The staff are very helpful and will do what they can to make your stay more enjoyable, we arrived with a load of street food and they brought over some hotel plates and cutlery for us to use, i also had a bad mattress and once i had a word they were happy to change it

The have a nice clean family sized pool we we all enjoyed

A lot is said about this hotel being "German" i can speak German and the only time i needed to use it was to say good morning to an elderly permanent resident, the people that run it can speak as much English as they can German, so language is not an issue.

My over view is that i would recommend this "Resort" but only for families and couple wishing to have a bit of peace and quiet away from things which is what i wanted!

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank kyokushin
Reviewed 15 October 2015

This is a really nice 'resort', in the best sense of the word.
It's located in a very quiet soi off the main Udon to Sakon-Nakon road.
Thomas has always been very welcoming to his guests as well as those who just come to eat at the restaurant, where there's a very comprehensive English and German menu.
He has many return guests coming from abroad on a regular basis.
Overall, a very relaxing stay and the food is great.

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2015

we stayed in a family apartment with its on kitchen. Rooms were very spacious and well looked after.
Kitchen was very useful for cooking a family dinner.
Apartment was great value for money and the staff / owner very friendly and helpful.
Pool is small but the children loved it.
A great place to stay if you are in Udon.

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 10 April 2015

Had my wedding in Udon Thani in October 2014, and I checked a lot of my wedding guests and family into Thomas Resort as I have been here once before. The staff was very helpful in taking care of my mother and family who have never been to Thailand before, doing way more than anyone can expect from a small hotel.

We had several dinners, breakfast and lunches at the resort, and the food and service was very good every time. The atmosphere in the garden and pool area is magical and very relaxing. The only thing that would have made my stay better is if I could speak German, it looked like the guys from Germany that are in the bar every night have a great time :)

Date of stay: October 2014
1  Thank alexdaland
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Nice little hotel outside Udon. Well received on arrival, with easy check in to large room with seating area and big bed.Lots of antiquities, a fridge and strog-box. Bathroom a bit basic with only soap and towels. Water ran everywhere from shower; typical basic Thai facility.
A friend (Thai local) who visited us described the small pool as "for show"; adequate for splashing around and cooling off.
Had dinner on a few nights; good basic Thai selection, and influenced by the proprietor, a German or European selection. Must mention "Anne" who delivered excellent service each evening.
We had a car, so it was easily accessible, otherwise I heard that transport into town was supplied.
As described by "Anne", her perception of Guests was that most are over 60 years old ! (I'm a little younger)
Would recommend Thomas Udon Resort: nice and quiet, not for those looking for excitement and nightlife.

Room tip: All rooms looked good.
Date of stay: January 2014