Decided to stay here in a pool villa after a week in Bangkok. Have travelled Asia, especially Thailand for some 20 years now and this place although appearing initially well presented, has managed to bypass the warm Thai culture that normally greets you. Staff are lovely and helpful, arent all thai's !! But, some more training to gain average service levels is required, especially in the food departments. The villa's lack warmth and feel a bit clynical with spotlights shing onto bare walls, surely some local art work would finish it off and create a much lacking abience.
There isnt much english spoken but the staff do try very hard, Service was generally poor to average, food served was basic by thai standards, although good sized portions. Two restuarants available but one only open in the evenings and we were the only two people in it at 8pm, was a little surreal. We had a bad experience of food poisoning and although this can happen easily in asia, management were totally dismissive of any responsibility!! Due to prior travel circumstances we have no doubt the scource of this problem.
The hotel management wasnt the best i have encountered either by giving the hotel a "always watching the budget feel". The resort had a not quite finished feel to it, but ..has great potential. We stayed for two weeks and it was too long, the resort is very isolated and even with a hire car, a tedious treck from the main towns. There is nowhere to walk to, absolutely nowhere withing walking distance to go for a drink or casual food.
The private pools whilst cool and adequate (more accurately described as plunge pools id think) are not best suited to anyone with mobilty problems, the main pool is stunning, and generally deserted, the beach whilst nice and clean...doesnt have the clearest water for bathing, local fishing boats and their exposed engines do somewhat spoil the tranquility after a few days with relentless passing of the resort in there daily fishing trips. (maybe 3 or 4 an hour...all day) I would not recomend this hotel or indeed return until the local area had developed somewhat, not that i by any manner like crowds but total isolation isnt great either. Maybe a 3 day stop would be fine. Definately one of the poorer boutique hotels i have stayed at with a definate 3* feel to it, which is a shame as it has great potential!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Absolute Chandara Resort & Spa in Phuket, Thailand. Reserve online now and get instant confirmation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Absolute Chandara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Absolute Chandara Hotel Thalang
- Absolute Chandara Resort And Spa
- Absolute Chandara Resort & Spa Phuket, Thailand