I was here a few years ago, but I still think a lot about this vacation as it was absolutely bliss. The hotel had a big part in that experience. Back then it was still owned by the Absolute hotel chain. I see that's not the case anymore, so I hope standards are still the same.
When we arrived, they've seemed to have a problem with the room avaibility, so they put us in another room for the first night. This "room" was actually a house with 6 rooms, from a fully equiped kitchen, living room, huge bathroom and a master bedroom. We had our own big private terrace with our own 10 meter long swimming pool. We really enjoyed that first night, felt like royals! The other room was actually not that bad, but compared to the first one of course a lot smaller. We had our own pool too, but it was pretty small (jacuzzi type, 2 persons, not a real swimming pool) but the down side was that this wasn't so private. People who were walking to the main building passed by every 10 minutes.
The food was absolutely delicious, breakfeast was a big buffet with lots of fresh food and a big variety. We had lunch and dinner a few times at the hotel too, which wasn't bad at all.
Tip : I would reccomend asking for bikes (free) and riding to the marina which is like 5 min. away, they had a restaurant too (with an aussie owner if i remember correctly) and served great food.
Tip 2: We also ate one night at a road-side local place, it looked so odd, with golfplated roofs and garden chairs, but the food was delicious and crazy cheap. The lady kept live crabs, fish and lobster in a concrete tub. After you ordered from a menu, she would fish them out with a strainer and prepare it for you.
Tip 3: as for excursions, of course the free shuttles to Pathong and Phuket are a must, but also spend some money booking a day tour to the Similan islands. It's paradise on eath, you can swim with giant sea turtles and all. Bring snorkeling gear!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Absolute Chandara Resort & Spa in Phuket, Thailand. Reserve online now and get instant confirmation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Absolute Chandara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Absolute Chandara Hotel Thalang
- Absolute Chandara Resort And Spa
- Absolute Chandara Resort & Spa Phuket, Thailand