“A True Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 94 Hotels in Thalang District
Stockholm, Sweden
“A True Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Fantastic layout all over, but the lobby is extra magnificient! We were met and given a nice drink and towels tomfreahen up. Off we went, escorted to out penthouse with roof top pool! The walkmtook us by the wonderful garden and pool are, surrounded by rooms facing this as well as a small dip are directly outside the terraces. Our place was superb! Living as well as diningroom on the first dloor with a kitchen and bathroom. Nespresso machine, fridges (yes plural) great audiomsystem. Very high ceiling! Upstairs we had a lovley bedroom, also with a tv and a great bathroom. There was nothing at all missing. Great bed with lovley sheets. App.300sqm.The roof top terrace was a wonderful addition with sunbeds, a beautiful tree, a little fridge and a nice size pool. We LOVED everything about TwinPalms.the sunday brunch was really fun and the beach club Catch as well.
Emma, our host was more than helpful and even came to the airport. We will be back.

Room Tip: For total privacy a penthouse.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sacw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Poole, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

After expecting great things we were really let down

We decided to break up our last trip to Phuket staying at 3 hotels in 2 weeks. We booked a hotel transfer in advance for 1pm and had a call at 1pm to say they didn't have a car available so either make our own way or they would be 2 hours! We used a car at the hotel which wasn't ideal but we got there.

The only nice thing about the hotel is the lobby. Check in was average and slow.

Straight to the pool where we struggled to find beds and then found out you had to go to the bar to order drinks which again was slow. Then there were towel cards... Any good hotel these days does not operate a towel card system or is at least very relaxed about giving out more than 1 towel. Not here. Drinks quality was also poor.

On eventually finding some beds then the drilling started! They were fully renovating one of the 1 st floor balcony rooms that directly overlooked the pool. Not only was the noise so loud that you could hear the person next to you but there were lots of "looking" workmen which made my wife very uncomfortable. This didn't let up at all so we left for the restaurant for lunch... Another nightmare, rude staff, food eventually came but the drinks we ordered before that never arrived and more rude attitude when we asked where they were! A simply crazy experience!

And on to the famous beach and beach club... This hotel is no wear near the beach, you have to walk over the road and through a rough park land. The beach looked more like benidorm than Phuket. Millions of beds and millions of people. The beach club staff were again rude with a very odd attitude. The beach club was filthy, we ordered some food which we just couldn't eat, it was that bad!

The sunset was beautiful as you get almost everywhere on the island.

My wife wasn't feeling well so we retired to our room where we later ordered room service. Again total rubbish and it was cold.

Breakfast was a free for all and closed bang on time with our plates taken away etc, again rude staff.

The spa...

I pre booked 4 weeks before, a couples massage. The reception confirmed the booking when we checked in for the following day. When we turned up on time having made diner arrangements to follow we were told they had no booking! It seemed that no one in the spa had entered the booking into their different system. Eventually they agreed that if we came back in 1 hour they could do it. God knows where they found the staff, this was the worst spa experience of our lives. My wife was actually in tears, very upset and in pain. The therapist also had sharp nails which visually scratched my wife. This ruined the rest of our evening.

On speaking to the hotel the following day they weren't interested and after I pushed the point offered to half the price of the spa treatment.

All in all an awful stay, I would never come back here again and certainly not reccomend anyone else staying here. There are much much better places to stay on the island.

Room Tip: Don't bother with this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
23 Thank Joe W
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I am notoriously picky - or is it just bad luck? - but the Twinpalms experience made a lasting impression. The bottom line is that I could not fault it even if I tried. The hotel is immaculate, the gardens groomed and cared for and the rooms better than at home. We had a Palm Tree Room on the ground floor which had the added benefit of an inside / outside "room" which was completely private due to the louvred doors. The ambiance around the pool was refreshingly grown-up, i.e. no screaming kids jumping in the pool. Pure bliss. The staff and service was lovely and they really couldn't do enough for us as I had a shocking cold during my stay. Due to my lack of energy we ate in the hotel restaurant (Thai food) for 3 nights and the quality was consistently high as was the breakfast buffet. We also tried the spa where a very experienced lady put me through my paces during a 90 minute Thai massage which did me the world of good. I can unreservedly recommend this hotel and can't wait to go back again myself!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Britta M
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Beautiful rooms, excellent food and great staff. The pool area was beautiful and big enough to do laps. Always plenty of very comfortable pool lounges. Best resort we have stayed at at Surin Beach.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kate26604
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

The hotel is located in a not very nice area to my liking but it is a very nice hotel. Staff are extremely nice and helpful. I did not find the restaurants appealing so I preferred to eat at the Pool Bar. Most of the clients around me were having burgers and fries but I sticked to local rice dishes which were excellent. The swimming pool is huge and the atmosphere is peaceful. I recommend this place for lunch when at Surin Beach.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
#2 of 34 in Choeng Thale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,736 reviews

Been to Twinpalms Phuket? Share your experiences!