“Catherine C”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely delicious dinner. Whole Snapper I laughed when I saw the size of my meal. Did they think I was expecting someone to share it with me? How did I do that. Well I ate with my fingers so as not to miss one morsel. Walking distance from the Hyatt Place. Right on the beach. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Don't worry about the bad reviews here. These are stingy people who don't know what they're talking about. IF YOU DONT COME HERE YOU'RE MISSING OUT. The food is absolutely incredible and high quality Thai cuisine. Coming from an Aussie who eats Thai on a regular basis. We love this place! Yes it's not the most modern restaurant but the location is on the rocks of patong beach with undisturbed views. It's such an awesome place to eat and watch the sunset. We tried several top rated restaurants based on trip advisor and they were not so great. This still remains our favourite and we are so glad to be back here second trip to patong to eat here again. The service is great with the owner making great recommendations. It is fairly priced for the quality you get. Crab, prawns, spring rolls, sweet chilli fried fish, noodles are our fave. Also the wines were awesome.

1  Thank Mandols
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Had dinner here and the view is what you come for. Food was nice but seafood is ridiculously overpriced. My husband had tiger prawns with garlic and butter. He ordered 200g (you pay 220baht/ 100g). We worked this out to be $88 aussie dollars per kg. When his meal arrived, it was 1very large prawn but was mostly head and tail. Very little actual meat. It came with some lettuce on the side. So for 440baht, he got 2 mouthfuls of prawn meat. My fried rice was nice and reasonably priced at 200baht. If you are looking for a nice view, come here for early meal to watch the sunset, but if you want seafood, go somewhere else.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is very dated and it looks like they don't maintain the place.
The waiting staff wasn't very friendly and we felt slightly unwelcome.

The food was ok, very average to what we have had at other Thai restaurants.

The biggest positive was the location. Right next to the ocean, a better spot would be hard to find. Just a pity about the upkeep.

It also feels like they want to cater for all tastes, especially western food, where they should rather focus on one speciality.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Very addordable restaurant on the beach. The view is the most amazing of it all, and the food is very tasty at a good price. Good service. Not too busy, so you get a lot of personal attention. Well worth a visit

Been to Baan Kalim? Share your experiences!