“Something Different”

The 9th Floor restaurant
Reserve with Chope
The 9th Floor restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 693 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The 9th Floor Restaurant & Bar -Heavenly Food Served by Angels- The 9th Floor on the top floor of the Sky Inn Condotel off Rat-U-Thit Road in Patong is a hidden treasure dedicated to the enjoyment of fine food, with an amazing wine cellar (more than 300 references). The night view of Patong is stunning. You will be served by beautiful and well-trained waitresses. Elegant ambience and décor reminiscent of a sophisticated members' club. The 9th Floor is one of the most popular open air restaurants in Phuket and it's no exaggeration to say that the excellence of its food matches the loftiness of its location. The menu features an eclectic award-winning selection of Mediterranean and European dishes with a hint of Asian style prepared with the finest local and imported ingredients cooked to perfection. The drinks list and wine cellar are comprehensive with a great choice of both European and New World classics. Heavenly Food Served by Angels, come and enjoy, we will take care of you...
Reviewed 20 April 2017

Not an easy restaurant to find situated at the end of a little Soi and across a car park before a dumpy little confined elevator ride to the 9th floor.
A different world on entry to the Restaurant with beautiful table settings and uninterrupted views of Patong by night. A brigade of lovely hostesses waiting to make your night enjoyable.
We had Beef Cheek, Sea Bass, Parpadella and Lamb chops all of which were nicely presented with taste to match. A nice Sav. Blanc accompanied our meal and we followed up with desert.
Certainly worth a visit and I would recommend.

Tomasini B, General Manager at The 9th Floor restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Dear John,

Thank you very much for your nice review about The 9th Floor.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us.
Your comment will be shared to the restaurant's team, and we will keep up the efforts to improve both quality and efficiency !

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 April 2017

We wanted to splurge a little and get a nice treat. It is certainly pricey and not in a cheap range. Food was tasty and view was great. Service solid, no issues but with no wow factor, which is why only 4 stars for the price we paid. In anyway, we would recommend to visit if you want a special experience.

Dear Mike,

Thanks very much for your review about us !

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your experience in The 9th Floor.

Enjoy your stay in Phuket !

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2017

We visited this restaurant on the recommendation of friends and were not disappointed. Even our taxi driver had a little trouble finding it but it was worth finding.
View through the opened stack window was great, looking over Patong rooftops and watching cranes still working at 9pm!
Service was exemplary with an abundance of (very pretty) staff. Despite some previous TA reviews questioning the food, our three course meal (6 separate dishes) was excellent and we couldn't really fault any of the courses. The menu is extensive which for me was a little off putting, as great restaurants seem to specialise in a particular style of cuisine. Food choices were mostly European and Thai. For mains I had a Bouillabaisse in an excellent stock, whilst hubby had breaded chicken escalopes, presented as a stack of 3-quite unusual. They boasted an extensive wine list with price ranges from reasonable to "What the..."
We booked ahead and had a great window seat, the only downside was a group of 8 rowdy men at a nearby table.
The restaurant style is not suitable for children.

Tomasini B, General Manager at The 9th Floor restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear Jenny,

First of all thank you very much for your nice review about The 9th Floor.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed both service and food. Our waitresses are well and frequently trained to provide you the best service possible, and our kitchen brigade is composed of passionated workers executing under Chef Anthony's hand.
Indeed, our location is not easy to find but as you mentioned, "it worth it". We want to be the "Hidden Gem" staying a side of the boiling streets of Patong.

Once again thanks very much for your time to write a review about us, and we are looking forward to welcome you back at The 9th Floor during your next stay in town !

Culinary yours,

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Maybe because I really like the idea to do an fancy location in a"in ruins"
building.I got that feeling before even in NYC an HK.
On top of building just outside of busy road.
International food,great views,great for romantic dinner.
Not expensive for What deliverys.
I'm Italian myself of course I didn't get pasta in a fusion place.
Staff were nice and polite.
Good wine and liquor list.

3  Thank Miciopi
Tomasini B, General Manager at The 9th Floor restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Dear Miciopi,

Grazie mile for your very nice review about The 9th Floor !

I really do understand what you mean talking about the idea of entering an "in ruin" building to reach a fancy location, I love it too ! The gap between the outside of the building and The 9th Floor itself is so big that you ever wonder if the elevator didn't went to another building when you was going up to the 9th' ! Unfortunately not everybody share the same amusement as us and fortunately for the majority of our guests, the building is now getting totally refreshed. Within a couple a days it will look much better and will finally match with The 9th Floor quality decor standards.
As you underlined, our restaurant is a great place to raise yourself on the top of Patong's bay for a romantic and relaxing fine dinning experience, pushing apart the craziness of the surrounding suburbs.
Our average meal is around 25USD - which I agree is more expensive than the rest of the city and the country - but you get a wide choice of very good quality products, cooked to perfection, in on of the highest and finest open space overlooking Patong's bay and the all served by a talented front of house team.
Also as you wrote, we are proud of our wine cellar (300+ references form all around the world) and our bar offering a large and fine selection of spirits.

Once again, thanks very much for your very good comment, all the team is working hard to please you and making your experience unforgetable.
We are looking forward to welcome you back at The 9th Floor during your next stay in town !

Reviewed 21 March 2017

I had first visited 9th floor 4 years ago on my first trip to Phuket and wanted to make a trip back there this year as I had great memories of the dinner experience there. Once again, my expectations were surpassed. Made a reservation for myself and a friend through their website and had a great window side seat waiting for us upon arrival. The service is absolutely second to none and the food was nothing short of amazing.

I am not by any means a 'fancy' restaurant regular, but the 9th Floor restaurant would rank up there with the best restaurants I have visited all over the world. The view is amazing (it is on the 9th floor as you have probably already figured out) and is open air, with a wonderful breeze and comfortable temperatures in the evenings. The glass railings make for an unobstructed view.

The cold cut appetizer was absolutely melt in your mouth delicious and the tenderloin steak main course was cooked to perfection and amazing. My friend had the pork cordon bleu and also loved it. All of this for the cost of an average meal back home. It would be considered expensive by Thai standards, but for two of us to eat including an appetizer, 2 main courses and four drinks, all for under $120 Canadian, it is a bargain!

I would highly recommend trying the 9th Floor restaurant if you find yourself in Phuket

1  Thank Peter S
Tomasini B, General Manager at The 9th Floor restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Dear Peter S,

Thanks very much for your nice review about The 9th Floor.

The kitchen brigade and the front of house is working hard every day to provide quality and efficiency. I am really glad that you did appreciate it. Your review will be shared with all of them at brieffing time tonight and I can ensure you that they will feel proud and motivated to continue their efforts.
Once again, thank you very much for your good appreciation of our restaurant, that the best tip ever !

The kitchen brigade, the Angels and myself are looking forward to welcome you back at The 9th Floor.

All the best,