“Amazing food! ”

Sam Chor Restaurant
Ranked #246 of 720 Restaurants in Patong
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We have been eating at Sam Chor's for over 5 years. It is our 'go to' restaurant in Patong and we can't recommend it enough. If you go back to the same place time and time again you are bound to have a mediocre experience once in a while but we can honestly say these are few and far between. The restaurant has recently been extended and has doubled in size, the old single dingy toilet has been removed and replaced with separate male and female toilets which are some of the best toilets we have seen in a restaurant in Patong. If you do go make sure you try a yellow curry powder dish.... don't forget the powder bit otherwise you will end up with a standard yellow massaman curry. Enjoy!

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Very very delicious food. Every dishes I ordered are very good. I ate there 3 times for my whole 4 days trip in Phuket. Prices are cheaper compared to those seafood restaurants along Patong Beach. Seafood is fresh and portion is generous! Love their fried fish the most! So many choices in this restaurant. Hope to try as many as possible!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been coming here on and off for the past 8 years and, contrary to what one reviewer noted, it’s not a place foreign men bring their Thai ladies; it’s a place where Thai ladies like to bring their foreign men. That’s because Sam Chor started out as a hole-in-the-wall Isaan soul food restaurant serving authentic Isaan food to Isaan women working far far away from Isaan. That was it’s niche and what made it so good.

Somewhere along the line, Sam Chor started to capitalize its accidental popularity among foreigners. It’s now open 24 hours to cater to the late-night bar crowd, it’s staff boast Sam Chor T-shirts and the menu has exploded to include a variety of dishes from all around Thailand and beyond. Fish and chips?!

Needless to say, the kitchen’s talents remain confined to Isaan and Phuket, so if you want to sample the best of Sam Chor, stick to those kinds of dishes, fresh seafood and BBQ, som tam and the wide range of Isaan specialities buried in the menu. Better yet, get a Thai friend to order to make sure you’re getting something authentic.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I has been to this restaurant before a few months ago and it was very tasty Thai food. I'm not sure what has changed but tonight the food was very bland and flavorless. We ordered pork with chili paste and phad ka nar in oyster sauce, no flavour whatsoever in the sauces. Strange........maybe we got the chef on an a bad day!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve spent over 600 days in Thailand over my life, and my wife of 27 years is Thai. So for me to say that this was the worst Pad Thai ever... it’s pretty bad. Mushy noodles, with a horrible ketchup sauce taste. Who puts ketchup in Pad Thai? The Pad Thai wasn’t golden brown... it was pink! After my wife inquired, it turns out the cooks aren’t even Thai. They are from Burma! No wonder they can’t cook decent Thai food here!

The other dishes were mediocre, but it’s pretty hard to screw up stir fried rice and stir fried veggies. I used to think it’s also pretty hard to screw up stir fried noodles too, but this place has certainly taught me that there is almost no dish out there that cannot be totally screwed up.