1,917 results
All reviews across the road sunset bar a superior pool view room new wing the hard rock cafe otop markets pools are great reception staff beach side interconnecting rooms buffet breakfast bangla road pool access egg station ground floor pool towels happy hour
Reviewed 1 January 2016

We have been to Phuket more times than I can remember and thought we would book something more central. My husband had reservations as to whether this was a good idea as it is right in the middle of Patong, but when we got there, he quickly ate his words and loved it. We asked the manager Chananya via email a few weeks before we were due to arrive if we could upgrade to a pool access room despite it being over the Christmas and New Year and did try previously but they were all booked but the Manager done everything possible to help. We receive confirmation that we had been upgraded a week or so before departure and this added to the excitement of going o the Patong Merlin. We found the staff very helpful, friendly and worked so hard to make our stay enjoyable including the hard work put in to the New Year Gala. This was worked on for days and they done a really good job. The pools were clean and rooms exceptionally clean. Love this Hotel and already booked for next year. Thank you for making our holiday so very special and to Chananya for adding that final touch of a pool access room.

Room tip: book a pool access room. Rooms 7103, 7104 and 7105 catch the sun. Rooms 7101 and 7102 catch the sun but are close to the pool bar
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MERLIN P, Resident Manager at Patong Merlin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am really pleased to know that you have enjoyed our pool access room and the convenient location of the resort.

Your further comments regards the Christmas and New Year Gala dinner arrangement
and the friendliness, helpful staff are very well received.

We all look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 30 December 2015

Firstly have to say comparing the room rate to other hotels we considered we got a very good rate. This controlled our expectations and didn't expect everything to be perfect. Anyway mostly it was good. Staff were reasonably useful, room was decent and always clean. Highlight of the resort is the swimming pools area, which is really fantastic.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart T

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed the hotel, the swimming pool and its facilities.

We hope you will have the chance to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 24 December 2015

Can't say this is the worst resort we've stayed at but we're not overly impressed.

Good - rooms are nice. We ended up in ground floor, Burasari wall facing, interconnecting rooms situation. Ordinary outlook but private at least. Rooms are pretty nice - 3-4 star rating, reasonable size and comfortable beds. Pools are nice, there are 4 all with something different to entertain the kids. Location is great, just out of the craziness but close to everything you need.

Average - breakfast is nothing special, we've certainly had better with greater variety but hey, it's not solely why you're on holidays I'm guessing. We usually frequent Bali a couple times of year where the staff are just beautiful and friendly, didn't quite get the same at Merlin and I suppose the language barrier is slightly harder in Thailand. Food poolside is ok, as is the service but didn't feel inclined to eat at the resort as we often do on holidays given we'd have two young kids.

Bad - had a bad day yesterday. Returning towels we were accusing of not returning towels the day before. Man was rude and aggressive saying we had added two extra towels which we hadn't and he would charge us (for their threadbare bottle green towels (yep, really wanted to take them home!). As I was with my child, I left quickly but returned to find said angry man had vanished (within 3 minutes) So I followed up with some more polite/competent staff who assured me we would not be charged.

Spa treatment - wandered up as I'd hurt my neck slightly the day before. Specified this on the documents filled in and request neck, back, shoulder massage only. I was advised the girl (no introduction) would do some legwork as well so ok, as much as I hate legwork I'll roll with it. Do you think my neck was touched at all??? Sorry is all I received, receptionist said it twice to be truthful but my neck was still stuffed! Anyway, go to Spa Burasari - it's incredible and amazing value (check TA reviews).

Returning? Not likely. Counting down the days until we move to our next resort.

Trip type: Travelled with family
MERLIN P, Resident Manager at Patong Merlin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay overall.

I am sorry to read that you had some difficulties with the pool towels service and I will personally look into this with my colleagues and the department concerned.

Your further comment regards the spa treatment is very well received and I will be sure to pass on your review to the Spa Manager to help us in delivering a great and comfortable experience to all of our future guests.

Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in December, I found the hotel to be clean, rooms are nice but view is best if overlooking the pool. Located in Patong where you can access everything and about a 15 minute walk to Bangla road. The buffet breakfast was really really awful although the Service was good. The wifi connection was perfect.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank alanana123
MERLIN P, Resident Manager at Patong Merlin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay and the convenient location of the resort.

I am sorry to read that you have found the breakfast was awful although the service was good. I will personally look into this with our food and beverage team.

We hope you will have the chance to travel to Phuket and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2015

Stayed for 3 nights in room 1229 as it was booked in our tour package. Here are the highlights of Good and Bad about this hotel. Good: Pools & Spa Location Restaurant Bad: Room size and furniture is pretty average. Bed was really HARD Room AC temperature control is not inside room, We were being told by the staff that they can not fix room temperature as 3 room has 1 combined control externally. The WiFi wasn't working as they didn't bother to fix it during our 3 nights stay and staff gave us fake promises every time. Room was full of mosquitoes , and seen lizards in side room. Reported to staff but all in vain. Run out of water during shower and have to make call every morning for same problem. All above good and bad are written fairly and with honesty so, If you can live with all above good & bad by paying $$$$ than give it a try other wise you can stay in a MUCH better hotel and save $

Room tip: Before you book this hotel Please read genuine & fairly written GOOD & BAD things about this hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us。

I am sorry to read that you found your experience to be somewhat disappointing, while we are always keen to provide the best service to our guests.

I will certainly discuss all of your feedback with my team to improve our services.

We hope we can welcome you again to show our improvements.