“Our Month In Patong”

Prince Edouard Apartments & Resort
Ranked #41 of 232 Speciality Lodging in Patong
Reviewed 4 March 2017

The hotel was peaceful, the staff fantastic. We stayed for the month of February 2017 and did not regret out choice. The location is up a large hill just on the edge of Patong. which allows you to regain your sanity after the stress of the town! The staff will drive you into the town between 9.00am and 9.00pm but a taxi is required to get back unless like us you enjoy the challenge of the hill, you do need to be reasonably fit though if you intend to do so. We had room 1R which was just near the swimming pool which we used extensively. We are both vegetarians and the staff preparing breakfast were very helpful - perfect egg on toast and pancakes every time. The hotel also booked all our trips and obtained either a good discount excellent seats or indeed both. There was not an actual restaurant on site for the evening but a short walk (2 - 5 mins) further up the hill is Restaurant No 6 one of the most popular in Patong which is fantastic and also very affordable. The gym is sufficient for a general workout although could do with some hand weights. There was an odd requirement to send the deposit in Euros to a Belgium bank account but Bookings (who we booked through) reassured us that this was OK. Overall we loved both the hotel and the staff and would certainly stay there again if we went back to Patong

Room Tip: We had room 1R which was great for the swimming pool
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 March 2016

We were given this hotel as a replacement to another hotel by Booking.com. We stayed with my parents during the 27th - 29th of January, 2016. The apartment had a bit aged look, however it was quite spacious with a large balcony. The breakfast was quite filling though we had difficulty communicating with the cooks regarding our vegetarian needs as none of them spoke english except the reception staff who were not present during breakfast time. The lady at the reception was very sweet and helpful. She came with us in the daily shuttle and helped us locate a spa which was situated in a hidden location! She also arranged the airport taxi for us. Overall had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom apartments with balcony
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank NomadicTrotters
Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

Amazing hotel with an amazing staff!! At first we thought that it might have been a mistake being far from patong but it acually was great!! Whenever you want you could relax and be far from all the people and when you ar ein the mood all you need is a 5 min drive!! I would really recommend this hotel for everyone!! Keneth is the manager in this hotel he is a great guy and really helps out with everything!!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank RolandFG
Reviewed 12 January 2015

We stayed with two couples for 2 weeks. Our first unit had problems with air conditioning but they moved us to another room (much better) after we waited a couple of days for the repairs. The new unit was much better and the fridge didn't work. They dealt with this quickly.

There is a courtesy car to patong whenever you want but you pay for the return. We got s tuk tuk or taxi which cost about 300 baht.

The no 6 restaurant, which is such good value, is a walk away and we dined there several times.

The pool is great.

Breakfast was great as well. We had omelette , fried eggs, Thai options, toast, fruit, juice tea and coffee. They also had croissants, crepe etc.

We enjoyed the quiet location and view.

Room Tip: We thought we booked a 2 bed apartment and assumed it would have a bathroom each but just make sure...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I was here in March 2013 and February 2014, travelled solo

For me, this is the second time at the Prince Edouard hotel, and the decision that brought me here, was always the same :

- nice and quiet place where I can relax and play a few rounds of golf

Once, I did a research on the internet, and I stumbled upon this place, and I immediately believed that it could be a good solution, which was then confirmed as a whole in my staying.

I must admit, that I'm not the kind of person who take decisions in relation to the comments on the internet, but I trust more on my intuition, which rarely betrayed me until now.

The hotel location is on a hill with a spectacular view over Patong Bay, with a nice swimming pool, and in the evening You can enjoy a spectacular Sunset. The rooms are clean, very spacious and comfortable. The staff is very attentive and friendly, and the structure it's managed a little bit like a family.

For my need the breakfast was good and sufficient, but I know that other people need more alternatives. The cleanliness and maintenance was good, and when I encounter a problem, the staff was always here to resolve it. For my passion ( playing golf ) I just had to ask, and the next day ( if there was space ) I was able to play where I want it.

I can just recommend this place, especially for someone who is looking for a quite place for relaxing, outside the hustle and bustle of Patong.
This is a perfect option.

Room Tip: •"Higher floors have a spectacular view"
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Fernando H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
0.8 km away
Emerald Terrace Resort
#19 of 232 in Patong
0.9 km away
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa

Been to Prince Edouard Apartments & Resort? Share your experiences!