Patong Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$46
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Patong Beach Hotel(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$69
  • Breakfast included
The Bliss South Beach Patong(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$92
Deevana Patong Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$138
US$114
US$178
Priceline
Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$142
Cancelon
1,056 results
All reviewsacross the roadpatong beachjacuzzi on the balconybangla roadquiet endpool bardeluxe roompool accessmain pooltuk tukmin walkthe hustle and bustlephuketminibarmaintenancebahtthai
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed at B Lay tong jacuzzi suit for 2 nights,and that was more than enough.
The hotel building itself is quite rundown and though maintained shows it's age. We made check-in at 2pm and had to wait 30min till our Room was ready. No apologies where made and no drinks offered during waiting.
The Room itself is small and not so clean. Wifi didn't work and after a few complaints they brought up a router which also didn't work. We where promised that the following day it will be fixed.
Filling up the jacuzzi on the balcony, our next surprise. There was no hot water! Calling housekeeping they came and checked the water but said that's the warmest we can get. After calling the manager they managed to fix the wifi. Than our safe had an error and we had to call maintenance to open it. After asking for the manager we got upgraded and at 10pm we had to move to a different room.
Housekeeping, don't even bother to call them. We ordered 2 cans of coke and 2 towels. The coke arrived after 20minutes and the cans where not even chilled. They said we should just put the warm coke in the minibar to cool down for a few minutes. The 2 towels never got to our room.
I don't know how to call the daily room cleaning because it was far from clean. They only made our bed (left 2 pillows on the floor) and hang up our dirty and used towels back on the hanger. Dirty cups where just left in the room for 2 days and minibar wasn't stocked up.
The hotel stuff are slow and very friendly. Besides a guy named Nut which was very friendly and tried the best to help us.

The Hotel is far away from being a 5 star hotel. We didn't feel comfortable at all and with so much bad experience there, we where happy leaving.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Daow S, Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear Yehuda R,

Warm greeting from B - Lay Tong Phuket.

Thank you for your encouraging review, we are more than happy that our staff "Nut" great respond with your query. We are sincerely apologize that we could not met your expectation during your recent stay here. I have discuss with our team right away from your rightfully mentioned for our room facilities. A bit surprise that you find 2 pillows on the floor and 2 towels never got to your room. I promptly investigated our team for day time service they still not yet clean your room and I guarantee if they cleaned the room pillow not left on the floor for sure.
However, thank you very much for your feedback we will keeping up and improve in all areas of our hotel for ensure our guests have a comfortable stay.

Once again, we really appreciate your time and thank you, Should we have opportunity to welcome you back and I personally ensure a better experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2017

To keep it short and simple...

Pros:

Nice room, with Jacuzzi on the balcony
Right next to the beach (1 minute walk)
Offered two complimentary "Sunset Cocktails" (we didn't go though)
Cool artwork

Cons:
Our room allocation was very far from the reception (4 minute walk to get there).

Swimming pool had algae and broken tiles - went for a swim once and didn't go back
Checking in was an average experience and checking out was slow.

The hotel lobby is up the stairs (which is strange as you would expect to see the reception desk as soon as you enter the hotel).

Hotel is very run down and needs immediate renovation (which then I think the hotel would look amazing because there is high potential). Everything needs painting and replacing and general cleaning.

WI-FI is extremely inconsistent - keeps logging you off and you would have to keep logging back in every 20 minutes.

Our AIR-CON didn't work since the second day until we left after 4 days. The engineer came to fix it - weren't the friendliest bunch as we do not expect this from generally nice Thai people. After fixing it - the air-con broke again and only blew hot air. (advice: if your air-con stops working - don't bother asking to fix it - just relocate rooms right away as we regret not doing this in the beginning.

Our room was never serviced by house keeping even when we put the "cleaning sign" outside the door. Everytime we came back on a day excursion trip - the room would never be done or the lady would still be there cleaning it (even at 4pm).

Housekeeping rolled her eyes when she asked how long we were going to be in the room so she could service it and we told her 2 minutes and we will leave.

They do not sweep the floor so it is very sandy when you come back from the beach. Only thing housekeeping does it make the bed and replace towels (but doesn't take old towels).

Our toilet leaked water. Was fixed in the end.

Every time we had a shower, water would come out from the shower and wet the floor so we had to cover it with towels. You cannot avoid this.

Very noisy with banging from above.

After we ordered room service (DO NOT ORDER FOOD FROM HERE - NOTHING SPECIAL), they left our finished tray outside our door for 24 hours even after they cleaned our room!!!

Staff are not friendly - they would hang up the phone after you request something. They do not use guest name at all! Just say "hello?" - not how staff should treat guests at a "five star" hotel.

There is NO toothbrush. you have to call and ask and the toothpaste that comes with it is barely squeezable.

To be honest, there is A LOT more that happened but I cannot be bothered to type it. In the end we complained to the hotel manager "Daow" in a nice way (as you never know what they could do to react) and he gave us a free transfer to the airport.

Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the fourth floor so there is no noise above and ask to be closer to the reception area.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank IsobelleLoveday
Daow S, Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear IsobelleLoveday,

Warm greeting from B - Lay Tong Phuket.

First of all, we would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at B - Lay Tong Phuket. I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay and I apologize if we not met your expectation. Your issues have been brought up for next meeting with my team for future improve right away. We started interior extensive in all building included maintenance program of course we have to take time for complete. Next we will start exterior maintenance around all areas of hotel that I stated when discuss with you.
We would like to express my most sincerely and we will be taken seriously looking in the points by points and seek for future improvement. Should there be any way i can be of your personnel assistance wherever you have plan to visit us again for next holiday in Phuket.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Rooms were clean and hotel staffs were friendly. WiFi was pretty bad. Signal would randomly drop every couple minutes. This made it a struggle to book tours and hotel in my next destination. The hotel restaurant was clean, staff were friendly and helpful. The food wasn't as good as Street food.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Daow S, Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Shoua V,

Warm greeting from B - Lay Tong Phuket,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed account of your experience in our resort and I am of course happy to learn that we have left you with a positive impression especially staffs were friendly and helpful.
For Wi - Fi signal drop every couple minutes kindly note that we have started our maintenance various issues. Foods also I have discuss with our Chef for new menu revise soonest.
We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our resort very soon.

With best regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We booked a 4 night stay recently in June and were quite looking forward to the pool access room we booked. While the room amenities and access to the pool were great, the main door was such a struggle to open everytime we came back to our room! The wifi didn't work either so the reception staff provided us with a wifi pod which worked out fine. While the service was great with good attention to detail and helpful staff, the hotel is located quite a distance away from main eateries and bars. It is on the beachfront but you still need to walk quite a distance to get to the safer part of the beach where you can actually swim without getting dragged out to sea by the waves so all in all, a quaint property with great service staff but poor location.

Room Tip: Poolview rooms facing the beach seemed better
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Daow S, Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear 497harpreetk,

Warm greeting from B - Lay Tong Phuket to Singapore.

We are glad to hear our staffs great service provided and more attentive especially wi - fi.
We are north of Patong Beach actually not long distance from shopping areas only 10 minute walk or just 2 minute turn right for another shopping areas. At beachfront especially 2 minute across the road really nice for swim and guards team block areas for swim only and safety.

Several part from the points that you rightfully mentioned, we have taken a good noted and we hope that we will be given the opportunity to welcome you back to B - Lay Tong Phuket in the near future.

With best regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed at B Lay tong on a short staycation in phuket for 4 nights. On arrival I was very excited to check in as I had booked a corner with a beautiful ocean view. I was disappointed when the room given was not matching the one depicted on their website. After 3 moved and an upgrade I finally arrived in my room the one that had the view shown on the web. The hotel building itself is quite rundown and though maintained shows it's age. The movie TV channels were not working, one night there was a power failure in my room only which took an hour to fix, wifi stopped working after 2 nights and after complaining I received a "pocket wifi" alternative device (3G) which provided very limited bandwidth. The main swimming pool. I could see from my balcony was green with algae in patches. The staff and in particular the night staff were not very helpful with the exception one gentlemen called Nut who was really trying his best. On the last morning after my check out I asked if the car booked to the airport was ready and was told that the bellboy was late, he finally showed up 30 min later and this closed my experience in this hotel. I thank the management for the apology letter, the upgrade and the fruit-bowl but to be honest compensation did not fix up my supposedly relaxing getaway.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Daow S, Manager at B-Lay Tong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor,we are very sorry to learn that you found several matters unsatisfactory. We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience experienced. For power failer honestly this happend in several areas in Patong and we send notification letters to our customer already and of course we also have back up power for all areas. Staffs behavior issued we would like to assure you we immediately investigate and action.
As guest satisfaction is of paramount importance to us your comment are hightly valued in our efforts to strive an excellence in all areas of the hotel and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Your Sincerely,