All reviews bangla road poolside bar indian food front office manager pool view nice swimming pool busy road breakfast buffet free shuttle stayed here for nights bangla rd min walk deluxe room shopping centre phi phi island hotel is situated happy hour
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located. 15 mins walk to the beach and places of interest.
The hotel is clean and well kept although it is obviously not a new hotel. The staff are friendly and very efficient.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Phuket. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

It was nice experience near to the beach 13 minutes walking, great hospitality in the center of patong near to all shopping center and restaurant, but the honeymoon preparation wasn't so good and the breakfast not an international one so it wasn't good. Over all we really like it

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yasmin Y
Reviewed 9 May 2016

It's a nice and clean place to stay. Service is good too. Had a great time in the pool as we were a big group of people. Poolside bar was also good. Live music played in the evening near the pool. The place is little far away from the beach but we still used to walk to the beach and bangla street. Good options of food available with option for Indian food too.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2016

Sawaddi Patong is located 1 hour from the airport and can cost 800 baht by taxi or 180 baht if you take the minibus. The minibus takes all passengers to their hotel, so this means of travel could take hours. The lobby, the halls, eating areas are not cooled. Rather, the hotel has antiquated, oscillating fans propped on the walls. We were greeted ALWAYS with a smile, which did not make up for the many problems I encountered here.
CONS: The room had a musty odor and I relied on my bottle of febreeze to help out. The towels had a musty odor which I noticed after I bathed and dried off. There was a roach in our room, which we promptly killed. The bed was hard but the pillows were ample and a nice touch on a tired head. Our headboard had many stains like it was residue or mildew from rain or a flood. The bottom of our bathroom door looked like it had been chewed by animals! The bathroom ceiling also had a leak and looked as if it could use a fresh coat of paint. Our room was cleaned daily but never replenished with toiletries. This was a disappointment especially when needing the important ones like body wash. We were told the walk to the beach would be 10 mins…..NOT TRUE! It is at least a ¾ of a mile walk to the beach. They have a shuttle that will take you BUT NOT PICK YOU UP! The hotel has a spa but their prices are outrageous. A simple walk to the beach and you will see many of the same options at a greater rate. There are plenty of outlets but no usb ports. Since we had an evening flight, I asked for a late check out which could only be delayed to 1pm – checkout out is at 12! After that time, you would be charged a room rate. There is a change room which I used due to the lateness of our flight. Spent the whole day in the pool only to find no wash cloths or towels in the change room. The worst part is the noise by the pool. The area looks like it could use a few touchups. There were two beds for lounging but they appeared to be missing the draping that would protect you from the sun. The poolside bar was being repaired THE WHOLE TIME YOU WERE TRYING TO RELAX. So, there was a constant flow of drilling, sawing or hacking. This was so annoying. They even played music by the pool but you couldn’t hear it.
PROS: Each room comes with two daily free bottles of water and beach tote bag with towels. This was an accommodation I have never seen at other beach resorts and I therefore never used my own. The free wifi is wonderful after a full day of activities. You can post pics, update FB or stream music. One great thing about the room is the lighting choice. The bathroom has a dim lighting good for a nighttime light that would not disturb sleep. Over the bed, there is also a dim light for reading while not disturbing a sleeping partner. The room also comes equipped with a safe for your important stored documents. The breakfast was so plentiful, we never had lunch. Traditional thai food items: ginger fish, noodles, rice, potatoes, beans, veggie options, breads, fruit, salad options, eggs (boiled and sunny side up) and fresh juice, tea and coffee. There were even options for sushi and someone making noodle dishes onsite. The pool comes equipped with many floatation devices for lounging all day or basketballs with hoop for fun! The poolside bar and restaurant are great! There is a bell placed on each table for you to ring for service. They also play music throughout the day. Front desk is so helpful: there is a tour desk and bell boys to alert you when the shuttle arrives. The weight room has ample space for a decent vacation workout with an assortment of weights.
After a 5 day stay here and a grand view of the area from all the taxi rides, I would not stay here again. There are just too many options and with a little research, I’m sure I could find a better stay.

Room Tip: Beware of bugs. Hallways can get noisy. The outdoor restaurant had the best food and prices.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NatashaGR
Reviewed 26 April 2016

I spent my holiday with my family in this hotel front desk staff treat us very good service with greeting and always smile gave us all information around Phuket area and help us reserve transfer to the airport we are appreciate this .Breakfast is find but staff at the restaurant not good in English we request for ketchup they say "NO" but find and at 10:10 pm we ask for our dinner the lady at the bar told us "already close " but front staff informed us last order is 10:30 pm incredible she reject us and said outside restaurant still available unbelievable she treat us like this even though we ask for What time for last order? she didn't care about us very disappointed with restaurant staff and her service should be 3 star not 4.

Room Tip: helpful front desk staff.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family