“Great food and service”

Nongkhun Seafood
Ranked #385 of 720 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Authentic Thai food, grat prawns, Great tom yum. Much more calmer area than in the center, good to rest. Try, you will not br dissapointed

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Over about the last 7 years I have been coming here each visit to Phuket. It is still exactly the same.
After travelling all around and living in Thailand I regard this place as having the BEST tom yam soup I have ever had. Not only This but the other food is top notch as well.
Staff are friendly.
I believe the place even has free wifi.
The menu is your usual Thai food menu but with emphasis on seafood. Everything is fresh and on ice.
The place could be hard to find perhaps if you didn't know about it.
Its on Sainamyen rd down between the boxing stadium and police station. There is a sort of alcove next to a 7-11 with 4 or 5 different sellers. Its in there.
Only small neg would be to perhaps avoid the beef dishes. Actually I would say that about any Thai restaurant. Most use the local Thai beef which turns hard and tough when sauteed. I tried the beef and oyster here but it was tough. Everything else is A Ok!
They do take away as well.
Prices are average for non seafood items and obviously for the fresh seafood you will pay a little more. Some things by weight.
Definately going again to get my tom yam fix but might try tom kha next time.
Oh place opens at 5 or 6pm (i think 6).

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Ate here twice in our short stay in Patong. It is tucked away down an alley and won't be easy to find but is a great example of excellent Thai food. The server Oui was lovely and the lady who owned the place friendly and hospitable. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

First night in patong and friends suggested I visit nongkhun seafood ! Well I wasn't disappointed ! At first glance it looks like a backstreet cafe but the food was delicious ! How they manage to cook it all on a couple of rings I will never know ! I had chicken fried rice as it was the first night it was lovely ! 60 baht as well ! Cheap and delicious I will defo be returning !

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Every time I'm in patong, every night this restaurant is my dining place! They served great authentic thai food and ESAN food. It's your lost if u fail to visit this diner!

Been to Nongkhun Seafood? Share your experiences!