Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Priceline
Agoda.com
All reviews no safe in the room free water every day river kwai reception staff bathroom sink swimming pool situated right stayed for nights main building bridge bungalow accommodation cleaners
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2020

This hotel is very nice. There are accomodation options for the main buildings up front, small cottages or cabins and the large building by the river. We stayed in the main building by the river on the 2nd floor. It was nice and quiet. We prepared our own dinner and ate on the picnic table by the water with great views of the bridge. The staff are very nice and helpful. They met our very need. The hotel rooms are starting to show their age but I expect a major refurb is scheduled once business gets back to normal. The rate was very good for the 3 nights stay.

Room tip: Choose a private cottage
Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 23 March 2020

If you are going to see the Bridge on the River Kwai, this is the place to stay. Located just a short walk to the bridge and to other attractions, shopping, and restaurants. Very clean and comfortable rooms set up in a quaint and charming cabin style. Comfortable beds and well air-conditioned rooms. Very friendly and accommodating staff.

Room tip: Bigger rooms are more expensive. The smaller rooms were quite comfortable
Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank Gunner5502
Reviewed 9 February 2020 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights with my partner. Didn't have breakfast or eat dinner here for can't comment on the food.

We paid around £20 a night so £10 each... with that we couldn't really complain. Stayed in a little queen room villa which was near the pool. Room was decent, a little dated but clean. Free water every day and had a fridge. However, there was no safe in the room. We didn't keep any money or valuables in the rooms as we are young travellers so didn't affect us.

Pool was nice but did have some leaves in that never seemed to get cleaned or removed by staff. (Is what it is I suppose)

You hear all the wildlife outside at all times of the day. Don't think the walls are too thick.
Did have a lizard in our room which was really annoying as I don't really want one in my room when were sleeping. There are loads of lizards all over the resort so probally not the first person to have this problem. Managed to chase it into a hole under the desk and then plug the hole with some tissue to keep it out the room. Not sure if it got in that way or not. The cleaners leave the doors wide open when they are cleaning the rooms and there is loads of bugs and lizards outside as its right near the river. Maybe avoid them cleaning the rooms to try and prevent this. I mean you're in Thailand next to the river and it's only a cheap 3 star hotel so I suppose it is what it is what it is.

Location is amazing. Few minutes walk to the bridge which is stunning. Restaurants and cafes near by so easy fo get food. We went for pancakeskes every day at a place called babussa (I think it's called that) (would recommend).

Overall a nice resort in a good location but alot of bugs and lizards hanging around. So just keep that in mind. Again it's so cheap it's hard to complain.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrcoolhead
Reviewed 19 January 2020

Location excellent, nowhere to store valuables no safe in room lay out of room shocking only got light switches at door no lamp at bedside so when lights go out it's pitch black can't see where bed is asked reception for lamp was told none available but they advertise them forsale! . Shower floods bathroom which makes floor very slippery & dangerous as I experienced . Extremely noisy in room 210 can hear all doors slamming. Pool dirty & very cold pool towels look like floor cloths I've thrown better away. Breakfast don't bother if your a westerner very poor not worth the money. Much better places to eat outside. Reception staff have a don't care attitude. My wife & I had a room for 3 people but only had one balcony chair. Toiletries not replenished bathroom sink leaked into bin underneath. Problem reported after 3 days nothing done. Only stay if desperate

Room tip: Choose another hotel
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 1 January 2020 via mobile

The room is big, the bathroom made for a king (big too). Service was great and the location is perfect.

HOWEVER, buffet-style Breakfast is advertised to go on until 10am but the workers had the kitchen and Dining area cleared our 15 mins before 10am. That's unacceptable for an expensive resort. Is kitchen staff being lazy? The kitchen staff isn't welcoming either. A week ago, I was at a budget backpacker hostel in Vietnam and they had friendly staff with breakfast until the last minute offered. I can understand why everyone isn't traveling to Thailand anymore (assuming service reflects what I experienced here).

Date of stay: January 2020