All reviews room was lovely and clean central location night market would stay here again decent size the air conditioning walking distance nice swimming pool excellent hotel disco nightlife electricity key
Reviewed 20 May 2018

We visited Hua Hin for the jazz festival and stayed here. The price for a double room was THB1,500 per night. This is super value given the location so close to the beach. Hotel is a little old but very well maintained and kept very clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast leaves a little to be desired, not much choice and food largely cold, drink choice not great. But there are no shortage of good restaurants all within 5 min walk. Overall we had a very nice stay. I'll go back for sure next time I'm in Hua Hin.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay at the City Beach Resort. The room was pleasant enough, maybe a little dated for some of the readers here. The rooms do not have a room safe although there are safety deposit boxes provided in the lobby. Try not to lose the key to the box as it will cost you about 5000baht. I did not lose mine.
The showers were okay, can be a bit cold sometimes. The rooms do have a balcony, which is nice to hang washing out on or just to chill out. Tea/coffee facilities are available on request. The electricity does stay on after you leave the room which is great for recharging your electronic devices.
The hotel is situated in a great location. I would stay here again just for the location and it does have a balcony. I didn't have the breakfast here so I can't provide any information regarding that. The wifi was surprisingly good. The bed was comfortable and the hotel is guest friendly.

1  Thank GP-Thevinylpusher
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

City beach is in a good location with restaurants, fast food, night markets, and entertainment areas close by and beach near Hilton only 200 metres away
Upgraded room size with view of town and some ocean
Good service at arrival and departure with friendly staff
But no coffee/ sugar/ milk in room even though they supply a jug, no room safe but they provide security box at reception, breakfast ample but majority of food cold (eggs potatoes) and service not of high standard
Believe. This hotel is really only a mid 3 star hotel

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Good for location rooms very good staff all very helpful only the breakfast was very basic but plenty of other places to eat,near markets and nightlife overall good place to stay.prices average only drink the free water provided as they will charge 50 Bht a bottle for other in fridge.

Room Tip: All good have stayed in hotel several times and
1  Thank Tom F
Reviewed 14 March 2018

The hotel on first appearances looks like a quality hotel from the front and reception area but don't be fooled. The rooms are very dated and not that clean and light and in need of a serious update.

The location is great. 1 minute walk to Bintabar (Bar and restaurant area) and 2 minutes from the beach. There are far more quality hotels at a cheaper price nearby and I suggest you consider looking elsewhere first until this hotel has an update on the rooms.

This is apparently a very popular hotel used by golfers on organised tours. I know a number of friends that were given this hotel as part of a package and they won't stay there again given the choice.

Staff were very friendly and when I had an issue with my room, single bed instead of a double, they moved me straight away to a double. Why they couldn't have done that in the first instance I don't know, but there was no arguments from them, so top marks for that.

I didn't eat in the hotel as there are numerous restaurants close by, so I can't comment on the breakfast etc.

I paid £38 per room and didn't this this was good value. I've stayed in 4 star hotels close by for £28 per night and far better quality. It was a=only because they were fully booked that I had no choice but to stay in the City Beach.

Given alternative hotels then I wouldn't stay here again if I had the choice. If this is all that's available in the immediate area then it's very average if not below standard. Pick somewhere else if possible.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel if you have the choice
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo