“great spot”

Anantara Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #9 of 141 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed 26 February 2012

great place quite , all facilities, out of town enough to be insulated , but not isolated

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Anantara Hua Hin Resort

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Superb location but tired facilities and overwhelmed staff. Breakfast a struggle especially when you stray from the beaten track-a white-of-egg-only omelet took 25 minutes to produce. Thai food at the Rim Nam not extraordinary, overpriced, and served by cheerless staff.

• Stayed: February 2012
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Dear Arjun Thapan,

Many thanks for having taken your valuatime to share the observation of your stay and for choosing Anantara Hua Hin for your holiday.

I would like to personal thanks for your comment related to hotel facilites, service of staff at Rim Nam restaurant and the egg station at breakfast area. I have share your comment with our management team and we will certainly look into each area and to make some action plan to improve products and service standard.

I do hope that you will have a chance to come back to Hua Hin and to give us another chance to demonstrate the real Anantara Standard. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me personally if I can be further assistance.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Before going into the specific review let met talk a little about Hua Hin. As you can see from another review I (we) keep going to that place since almost forty years and it's quite amazing - though not always funny - to see the huge steps from a really sleepy small town into a booming resort place. For a very long time the Railway Hotel (now the Centara Grand Beach Resort) was the only place in town where one could have a decent stay; still without an air condition but with mosquito nets. Now it seems that the whole town is plastered with resort places everywhere. It's not only the wealthy Thai and some (European) "falang" coming to this place, it seems the every Asian nation is somehow represented now. And especially over the weekends it seems that half of the well doing Bangkok population comes to town. Restaurants are full, parking lots are full and resorts are full. This seems to have quite an influence on the availability and the prices, especially during this period - sandwiched between Christmas/New Year, Chinese New Year and the upcomming Easter break in Europe. Hence our well liked place (the Centara Grand) wasn't available for the whole time and we had to look for an alternative, i. e. the Anantara Resort. Booking was done through Expedia, rate per night for two circa 210$ including breakfast, thus not a real bargain.

The resort is situated on the beach front, featuring small two story blocks of hotel rooms, 8 or 10 per unit. You can either have a "sea view" or a "garden view". We had the the view and the very nice sound of the sea. (There are also some rooms "inland", called "Lagoon Rooms. I haven't had a look at them.) The room is ok, with realy lots of space for you luggage though not too much space if you want to take all your clothes to a wardrobe. The bath room is quite small and is painted in a real dull color. There were two things which I didn't like: The bath tub is not a tub, it looks more like a giant animal feeder and you'll have to lift your legs quite a bit in order to get into and out of that thing. This "tub" can be opend on two sides since there are two sliding walls. This makes communication from bed to tub quite easy; however, I didn't like it. Since the sliders are wood frames with glass you can have a pretty view from the bed of everybody having a shower. I didn't like that as well. What I liked where the many electrical outlets, because there was never a shortage when it came to charge mobile phones, computers etc.

Unfortunately there's only on chair in the room, there wouldn't be space for more. Since there is either a terrace or a balcony, one can always switch to the outside. And yes, there's a sunbed too, but only one. Again: There wouldn't be space for more.

Overall the room was ok, but 200 bucks ...? Naw!

One major issue in this resort is the attitude of the staff in at least two places. On our first day we have have snack at the pool bar, where no one was really interested in providing services. It took quite some time to have our order delivered and it took even more time to have another drink order fulfilled. Breakfast is the other issue. It's a buffet style and the food offered is quite ok. But here again the staff: Coffee is usually served in cups and since I need to have at least four of those in the morning this took time. We have been sitting on the roof free-side of the café, while the coffee machine is on the opposite site. Quite a distance to walk for the poor guys and gals. But once they got hold of the coffee is was served from the right side of the guest, from the left side, across the table - whatever you can imagine. Same same with the empty plates. They were taken away from the right side, from the left side, across the table, any way ... Sometime the waitress or the waiter wasn't in the mood at all to come closer for a decent communication, so we had to do that across a distance of three to five meters. Never mind, that's what the voice is for, right? To be honest: Even in the cheapest place in Thailand I have never had such a fluctuating quality of waitresses and waiters. Since this is definitely not the Thai way of life I think there's a huge lack of training and supervision of the staff. Something to think about, Mr GM. Ah, and yes, my wife has stomach problem and prefers camomile tea for breakfast. This lasted for three days, then the camomile was out and obviously it was not possible to get fresh supplies for the other ten days. If somebody would have asked me I could have mentioned resources, not only in Bangkok but also close to Hua hin.

Lack of supervision and training seems also to apply to the house keeping staff. During our whole stay the terrace and the furniture there was cleaned 1,5 times (0,5 times was when the rings from my night cap beer can were still visible on the table).

Would I go back? Having the right alternatives: No! I did not have the feeling to having gotten the right value for my money.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Reisender51
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Reisender51,

Greetings from Anantara Hua Hin!

Thank you for having taken some of your time to posted comment of your time in Hua Hin and for choosing Anantara Hua Hin as a place for your holiday.

I have read through your comment regarding Hua Hin town and I have to sincerely thank you for giving us some important background which somewhere I agreed with your comment regading the changes of the town.

In regard to your comment of the stay with our hotel, many thanks for your recommendation in many area which we will need to work on to improve our products. Your comment related to service standard, please accept our deepest apologies as there seems to be many area that we have shortfall in service and this doesn't reflect positive on us. Please be informed that this is not standard that we strive to obtain and the corrective action plus training plan to improve our service standard will be in placed to ensure that we can deliver better service to our guest.

I do hope you will have a chance to return to this area again and will give another chance to stay at Anantara so you can see a remarkable improvement. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me directly if I can be further assistance in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

This hotel is all you could dream of, absolutely beautiful grounds and rooms clean new well kept and appointed, good food, right on the beach. I can say no more except it will be a treat
to stay there. Pool and gardens are well maintained, and staff is just about perfect.
use agoda for best rates

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Allan1234,

Greetings from Anantara Hua Hin!

Thank you for having taken some of your time to posted a comment for your stay and for choosing Anantara Hua Hin for your holiday!

I am really happy to read your positive comment, you have said everything! Our job is to ensure that we provide exceptional service to our guest and you have made us feel that we have fulfilled your expectation. Please rest assured that we will continue to do even better job in the future to ensure that every guest leave satisfied.

I do hope to have a chance to welcome you back to Anantara Hua Hin again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be further assistance.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Beautiful Hotel and gardens, our Lagoon room was ok, to bad that we couldnt get the staff to stock our fridge as we wanted - no diet coke :o( never tried that before - first time ever we had bad food and got sick - been going on holiday in Thailand for nearly 30 years.

The location is a tad for from town and to close to the small airport.

Sad the service isnt better, there is a lot of nice hotels in Hua Hin and this I would go back to.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Knirke,

Thank you for having taken some of your time to posted a comment of your stay and for choosing Anantara Hua Hin for your holiday.

Many thanks for your positive comment of hotel ground and landscape and for letting us know orf your dissapointment regarding the diet coke was out of stock. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this may caused. I would like to inform you that since the big float in Bangkok few months ago, many factory have been facing problem and therefore some of their items was not able to produce in time. As far as I understand we have done our utmost to ensure that we have enough stocking of other products to be available for our guest.

In regard to your comment of bad food and you were sick, I can only apologize for what seems to be an isolated incident as we catered over 200 guests per day in our restaurant and it concerns me that your comment would be our first. Please rest assured that cleanliness and hygine is in our top priority and we will continue to work hard to ensure we can deliver good product and service to our guest.

We do hope that if you have a chance to return to Hua Hin again then Anantara will be one of your top choice. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me directly if I can be further assistance.