Palapon
Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$94
Hilton
  • Breakfast included
Amari Hua Hin(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$148
Marriott Hotels
US$160
US$151
Laksasubha Hua Hin(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$106
Trip.com
Anantasila Villa by the Sea, Hua Hin(Hua Hin)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$84
US$159
US$137
Priceline
All reviewsweight lossmartial artskung futhai boxinglife changingself defensebody fatgreat teachermuay thai classwing chuntraining areahealthy lifestylethai culturebuddhist templeholiday destinationweek staylovely thai
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Hi, I spent a month at Palapon and had a fantastic time.
Any experience like this always depends on how much you're prepared to put into it and listen to all the advice you are given. The more you push yourself the better the reward. Even after a week I could sense I was getting stronger and yoga was becoming easier.
By the end of the month the 20 minute hit class was becoming a pleasure to do and I was hardly breaking into a sweat.
Klaus the owner of Palapon knew when to push you and increase you're programme to maximum effect but also with great fun, it's not an army camp!
I've always been into keep fit but this is the first time I've really done classes of any sort and having other people around to encourage you or vice versa was really rewarding. There was a real camaraderie within the camp.
It was also the first time I have done yoga and I absolutely loved it, I'm currently in Srilanka and the first thing I did was to find a yoga class.
There were many firsts for me at the camp including the Thai boxing, its a great cardio work out and all the boys teaching you make it great fun aswell, it was the first time I'd ever put on a pair of boxing gloves but I don't think it will be the last!
Hua Hin where the camp is, is not normally the type of location I would choose to travel but it was all about the camp and what it provided and it really did give me exactly what I wanted.
The camp itself is a little oasis in the middle of a spread out area of HuaHin, I felt very at home there and very relaxed.
There is plenty to do in the surrounding area although personally I wasn't too bothered about sightseeing as was concentrating on the fitness programme.
The food at the camp was great, all cooked by Klaus's wife Valerie, the food they cook for you gives you all you need to maximise you're fitness programme, although I wasn't on a diet programme I stuck to the menu and ate locally on Sunday and more than made up for missing Thai food in the week.

All in all the camp was a fantastic experience for me, Klaus and Valerie run a no gimmicks place for fun and fitness. Klaus has lots of experience in health and fitness and I have taken away some valuable lessons and advice, if you are prepared to push yourself and some more, you will leave Palapon as happy as I did.
Thanks again to Klaus and Valerie
All the Muythai boys
And lastly to Aiem, who everyday made me laugh,made my room spotless and served us the best most artistic breakfast bowls in Thailand.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Arjarn, Owner at Palapon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Dear Gary,
we are delighted to see that you joined your stay at Camp Palapon so much and thank you to spread the message in the world of travelers.
The pleasure was also on our side for having you here and we enjoyed your company a lot. A took a few days until we got used to your absence but you will always be in our memories (the good ones) ;-)
We wish you all the best on your journey and maybe one day we will meet again.

Warm regards,
Klaus, Valerie
and Palapon Team

Reviewed 23 November 2016

I went to the Camp together with my son for just 9 days. It certainly improved my fitness level (which was low), but for my son it was transformational, radically improving his self confidence.

It is certainly not a holiday where you relax and it is certainly tiring, but I do think that Klaus, who runs the camp, genuinely cares for the wellbeing of the guests and is immensely likeable. The Muay Thai trainers were all great fun - who knew that kicking pads was so enjoyable. However, for me the best thing about the camp was meeting the other guests and the sense of community and shared purpose. I certainly do not think that anyone should worry about coming here on their own - most people were solo travelers.

I like Hua Hin as a place - it a real city as well as a holiday destination and all the better for it. There is a great shopping centre down the road called Bluport, great food and shopping. At the weekends there is the best night market in town just across the street from the camp.

I stayed in the apartments just down the road, which have a/c and a pool and were new and clean and modern. My son stayed on site in one of the bungalows. Both are good choices. The food each day was fine, although I would have preferred it to have been Thai rather than European in style.

Anyway, don't hesitate to go.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Arjarn, Owner at Palapon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2016

Thank you so much jimwestd. for the nice review here.
We are delighted to see that you and your son enjoyed your stay.
About the food I like to tell you that we decided to serve Mediterranean style
(like we explain on our website) after we had Thai cousine before but had to find out that most of it isn't that healthy as it should be about all the sugar, meat softener, palm oil and other ingredients they use. I hope you will except our decision. But on Saturdays we always make an exception and serve handpicked thai food and on Sundays can anyway everyone eat by there own choice. We are looking forward to have you or one of your family members back here again.

Warm regards,
Klaus

Reviewed 19 September 2016

If you're reading this, you've come to a point in life knowing that some physical change is needed. You've probably read all the wonderful reviews and wonder, could this be true? It is! Spending one month at this wonderful camp was one of the best decisions.

In addition to the workouts, I loved the wonderful community and very supportive and encouraging owners and trainers. Although the bungalows were wonderful, I opted for the off-site accommodation which was absolutely fantastic. Great room, pool, and gym, that's if you're not tired after training. Picked up many good training tips and habits that I still do whether at home, the gym or on the street.

After my first day, I commented to the owners that I wished I had come sooner and hated to leave. 4 weeks later, I made the same comment. I left, fitter, stronger and encouraged. A

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Arjarn, Owner at Palapon, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Dear A.....

thank you so much for putting so much effort in to it that other people have the chance to read this awesome review.
It was a really pleasure to have you here at Palapon and we enjoyed very much the chats with you and hope that we have the chance to catch up one day again.
We wish you all the best in your carrier and private life, take care.

Warm regards
Klaus and wife

Reviewed 6 August 2016

I stayed at Camp Palapon for a little over two weeks and couldn't have made a better decision. The schedule is spaced out with sufficient break time in between workouts. The meals are all delicious and fresh. Breakfast is müesli with pure yogurt and fresh cut fruit. Lunch and dinner are never disappointing, either. For accommodation, some participants complained about noise from the street bars while staying in the huts at the camp grounds. I opted for the hotel room which is right across the street and heard little noise at all. It also has A/C, so no regrets about paying a bit extra for more peace and quiet and comfort.

As for the training, Klaus knows his stuff inside and out and will get you results if you push yourself and work for it. He knows your limits and will always be watching to modify your workout at the right level. He is always great at offering suggestions throughout the program and even advice for when you leave the camp. He and his wife are very hospitable and are always around to offer any information regarding Hua Hin or Thailand in general.

The Thai trainers that were there during my time were Meow, Ma, and Dan. They are all great guys who have a great sense of humor. You will have so much fun in the Thai boxing sessions with them, and they will join you for morning runs every day.

Do not be intimidated to come alone and do this program. Everyone that comes here comes for the same reason, and no one is there to judge you. Go, work, and get your results. Everyone is different, but I am sure some of you are wondering "How much can I lose in 2 weeks?" My stay was a little over two weeks and I lost 4 kilos of fat while gaining a kilo of muscle. You will ache and be sore from the training, but you will also feel stronger. Just remember: no pain, no gain! Klaus and the Thai trainers are there to encourage you, but it is your decision to put in the effort. If you are not serious about it, do not bother wasting your time and money. If you are serious, however, go Palapon and have an unforgettable time making positive changes in your life.

Room Tip: I would stay in the hotel for less noise.
Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Allan S
Arjarn, Owner at Palapon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Hello Allan,

thank you for being here and it is a pleasure to see that you liked it. About the noise for those they stay at the Camp I can just say that there are two option at the moment; like we did (because we live next door) get use to it (mindset) or like other do using ear plugs and life is easy;-)
We hope you have a great time in Taiwan and we keep in touch.

Kind regards,
Klaus and Palapon Team

Reviewed 1 August 2016

I stayed just short of two weeks and loved the place. It was a very friendly atmosphere with beautiful camp grounds and plenty of flowering plants and birds. I was very impressed with their instructors and the fitness program which was well balanced. I also loved their fresh food which was prepared for us by their German chief who joined us on regular basis and would give us tips on how to prepare the food for when we are back home. The camp is secluded so you can just focus on your training but if you are also holidaying then it is well positioned for catching the green bus to the Hua Hin town centre with plenty of activities. Locally they also had some drinking bars and shops. I am now planning a return trip and already miss the place.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Arjarn, Owner at Palapon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Dear A.....,

thank you for the nice review and the praise here.
It was a pleasure to meet you and train with you and we would be
glad to welcome you again.

See you soon, kind regards
from Klaus and team.