See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Nice,bungalows. Close to the beach. Clean; but basic.There is a swimmingpool. Breakfast,is the same every day. Better options ;for breakfast nearby.The beach is clean and plenty if food to choose from. Close to khao tikab.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2016

We stumbled on the Lunar Hut Resort and luckily it was just the type of place we were looking for. The price was well within our budget. Our request for a private room was met (last villa in the back of the lot) and an issue with the toilet not flushing was immediately corrected while we enjoyed breakfast. The staff was overly nice but one female staff member really went out of her way to help us in any way she could. Very nice lady. She showed us to our room and went through the room in front of us to spot check for any deficiencies. I have a walk-through of both rooms we stayed in and of the entire property on YouTube, search Lunar Hut Resort on the MyDamTrip channel. The grounds and gardens are well maintained and there is a workshop on site where you can see the engineers building various needs for the villas. Everyone we passed smiled and greeted us. Parking was easy and ample however it seemed we were there in low season. The water pressure in the shower was good and the air conditioning in both rooms kept us cool. Each villa seemed to be unique with eclectic fixtures like lighting and mirrors. The french doors on the entry with the large porch really gave the villa a homy feeling which we both loved. On our first 2 day stay there was a breakfast buffet that had plenty of options for both of us and on our second stay we ordered breakfast directly from the server. All of our breakfasts were included in the cost of our room. At night there is a security guard on duty at the front entrance which I liked knowing someone was keeping an eye on the rental car. Even though we didn't use it, the pool was sparkling clean and there is a playground if you have children. We commented over breakfast that this is a perfect resort for children because of the ample grassy areas, pool and playground. There is plenty to eat up and down the street and there is a 24 hour Family Mart within a 2 minute walk. Laundry service is available right next door to the Lunar Hut Resort and my clothes came out clean and well folded in a clean plastic bag. The beach is about a 4-5 minute walk from the resort. I did walk from the resort to the Family Mart at night (11pm) and felt safe in the neighborhood. I didn't see one soi dog. Two fantastic stays as the title says and I look forward to staying there again when I return to Hua Hin.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the resort are more private. Rooms in the front of the resort seemed to have better water pressure.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2016

Checked into this resort on Christmas Eve. Services is indeed at it's minimum for this resort. Firstly, the lady at the reception wasn't very friendly with an average understanding of English. She can't understand and can't help to answer some of the queries regarding the resort. Most of the other staffs has minimum or no understanding of English.

Everything was fine when we checked into our 3 bedroom bungalow. Living room and all the bedrooms are reasonably clean. It was only in the late evening when we realized the hot water heater wasn't working. Went to look for their staff and told them our issue. A staff came over to our bungalow and followed by another staff but both can't solve the issue after approximately 1 hour. We were told to change to another bungalow.

We had to go through the trouble and hassle of having to carry down our luggages (there are 8 of us including 2 kids, imagine how many luggages we have) from the 2nd floor to the next bungalow. No helps were given by the staffs. This is still acceptable for me. What I can't accept is the replacement bungalow they had given to us was not clean!! They didn't bother to clean the place first before asking us to move over. Maybe their 3 bedrooms bungalow wasn't very popular and wasn't occupy for a long long time. The whole unit is full of lizards, cockroaches and ants. We even found a millipede !!! The floor is dusty and sticky. We need to look for the staff, request a mop, was given a dirty mop, wash the dirty mop and finally do the mopping on our own. The staff didn't even offer any help. They just sit near the reception listening to their music, reading and even playing "chase" with one another!! Guess the staffs are enjoying their Christmas Eve instead of us.

Other than the above, overall the resort is still a good place to relax. Nice greenery, a small pool and a small playground. Within 8 minutes walking distance to the beach, with a few food stalls right beside the resort. FamilyMart is just within 10 minutes walking distance away. There is a laundry services provided beside the resort. Further down the road, there is even a self serve coin operated laundromat. Resort has bicycle rental at 50baht per day and scooter rental at 200baht per day. Free Wifi but was signal was not strong.

Overall, my kids did enjoy their stay here. Guess I will still give Luna Hut Resort another chance, only the next time, I will reserve a few of the one bedroom bungalow (which i saw were more popular) instead of a 3 bedroom apartment.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank JoViTheFun
Reviewed 29 November 2015

Got in late and there were several deficiencies with the room, all of which were corrected by staff, but we just let the last couple of small things go as we were afraid we might be labeled problem guests . Bungalows are ok size for a shorter stay. Reasonably clean (my wife is picky about this). A couple of bugs here and again, but that's not uncommon in the tropics. They were the sort which came up through the floor drain, not through bad window screens. Pool is very nice and has a kiddie area walled off at one end. The playground area is a small but nice touch. Our 3yr old spent a lot of time there. Breakfast is advertised as free on Tripadvisor but that is absolutely not the case. We did show them the claim of free breakfast on Tripadvisor but just got a "not our website...sorry...not our responsibiliity" response. But they didn't charge us for our 3yr old. Would like to see that free breakfast error corrected as this was among our search criteria. Breakfast costs 170 baht and is ok. It's buffet style. Unless you're ultra picky, you should find enough to eat. Grounds are well taken care of. Wi-fi was free and stable. It's a short walk to the beach, or they will run you there in a golf cart if you prefer. Lounge area is adequately stocked. There is a convenience store within an easy walk. Quiet and well away from nightlife. Several seafood restaurants along the beach and in the area. Desk staff generally pleasant and adequately conversant in English. Overall a good value selection. Felt a little like it was a bait & switch situation with the breakfast, but I don't know who is responsible for listing such amenities or verifying accuracy. Because Lunar Hut is well suited for our 3yr old, we'll keep them in mind for future stays.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

The room was decent at best, but for that price it was nothing great. I found the bed to be hard, I had to fix the toilet myself so it didn't make noises all night, and the cleanliness was minimal. The staff seemed to get ruder and ruder everyday that we stayed there. We wanted a third WiFi card so my wife could use her tablet, but surprise surprise! Extra charge. Breakfast was awful, cold, and tasteless. Basically the entirety of our stay we felt like intruders. Never going back.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple