“Famous place with some spectacular views.”

Golden Triangle Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #12 of 34 Tours in Chiang Rai
More attraction details
Owner description: The best way when you come to chiang rai is "COME TO SEE US" in the Coconuts Tours office. We offer you visits to the most popular places in Chiang Rai province, also new non-touristic places and routes through the beautiful nature with amazing mountains, nice people. Something you will never forget...
Reviewed 10 December 2017

WE visited the Golden Triangle at the end of many hours of sightseeing and it gave us a fitting climax to our day.
Our guide parked up close to a very useful sign explaining the location of Thailand, Myanmar (Burma) and Laos which, if you looked past the sign, enabled us to appreciate the setting of these three countries for real against tthe majestic backdrop of the might Mekong river.
And that is a point to bear in mind. If your tour brings you here to see this then don't expect too much more than the tri-country meeting point. Various stalls inevitably line the road but, by and large, they only contain the same sort of items you can see in a dozen bazaars across Northern Thailand.
There is a pretty little temple off to the right -- toilets are nearby -- but our guide skilfully took us away from the tourist viewpoint after half an hour in favour of the much higher and less well known Chiongsean Viewpoint high above the Mekong which allowed us to see the countryside for miles around laid out beneath us. We were the only people there as dusk fell and it was a stunning scene I will never forget.
Some memorable views but try and build your visit into a day of sightseeing to get the best out of your time.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Where should I start this review??

My hotel helped me booking this tour. I off out 2/3 options. It was one day tour with more than 10 hours I spent on the road. Journey started at 7am, and ended at 9.30pm. I was tired by the time I got dropped off at my hotel.

Since this review is specific for Golden Triangle- I will stay within the topic.

When we (a small group of us) arrived to Golden Triangle, it did look busy with all the people, trucks, vehicles, tour buses, vendors, shops and dogs everywhere.

I decided not to take a boat trip, I was staying on land to walk around. OMG- most vendors were selling the same stuff just with a different prices. Restroom service was horrible, I had to pay 5 bahts to use the toilet, but the lady told me I have to pay another 10 bahts for tissue. I was like WTH.......so annoyed, I pulled put my own Kleenex to use it. The restroom was not clean at all.....it just gross.....and the service attitude was ........horrible.......
Make sure to bring sanitizer and
Kleenix with you if you happen to come here.

So then, I decided to take some photos just bc I was here already. OMG--- the tourists kept taking the photos with different posts and different accessories ....and then group pictures....I was waiting just to snap a photo---- waiting FOREVER.....

However, the pros : I was able to sit on a bench, relaxing, snacking and drinking coconut, looking at the Mekong River and seeing people were so excited to see the Meeting Point......

Here are some photos- believe me you won't miss anything if you decide not to come here....

2  Thank nova209
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

This Golden Triangle is somewhere like Iguasu Falls in Latin America. As border of three country meet there, and there's fast flowing water, a lot of smuggling used to happen there. Especially opium for this place. It is known that 1kg of opium used to worth 1kg of gold. Khun Sa, the king of opium, used to make ton of money through opium trading in this place, and he passed away in 2007.

The place itself doesn't much thing to offer without the historical opium trading story.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

We hired a private car and did a one day trip to Chiang Rai and the Golden Traingle from Chiang Mai. I would say this trip can be skipped if you have time constraint. Golden Traingle was ok, not a must see for me.

Yes it is the conjunction of 3 countries and that sounds interesting but the area is just average. We did not do boat ride in the area.

The trip took whole day. We stopped at hot springs and the Golden Temple on the way.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Golden Triangle Tour offered a tour of art and culture around Chiang Rai. Three main sites were advertised, the White Temple, the Black House and the Pottery workshops. What I had was actually much more; the Mae Fah Luang was an unexpected gem. I also enjoyed the Blue temple and the lunch at the art gallery. Really a well designed tour. It rained during my visit and I was provided with s large umbrella for the day. I had a driver and a guide all for myself, so I felt really spoiled. I would suggest this tour, just be mindful the English of the guides might be hard to get at times.