See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I was really impressed by Golden Pine Resort and Spa. Check in was effortless, the staff member on duty was friendly and helpful, the room was very comfortable and set over the water so very relaxing, meals in the restaurant were good and the choice of drinks adequate, Unfortunately it was very quiet while I was there, I think it would be better during a busier time. I would definitely consider it again for a special occasion.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 29 March 2017

We found this hotel to be an acceptable place to stay for a couple days. It may not be the greatest but it was a decent place to stay. The grounds are nice and the food they served at the buffet was decent as well. The staff were friendly and quick to respond to any issues our group had.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2017

If you like to walk, the grounds are very nice but there is nowhere else to go. The rooms are dark and old, though clean and comfortable. The rooms are also not soundproofed. The hotel caters to Chinese tourist groups and it can get quite noisy. The pool is very nice and there was a very listenable singer in the restaurant at night.

Overall, not a terrible place to stay but there are better choices.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

12 years ago I visited the golden pine on a tour for singles with Fox.nl. The golden pine was by far the best place we stayed at. Very beautiful garden, swimming pool, excellent rooms, super friendly staff.
12 years later it is essentially the same place but unfortunately not well maintained. The wooden floors badly damaged, bathroom not painted timely. Thai fashion room cleaning leaves a layer of dust everywhere. With a minor movement, the whole bed shakes like an airplane in turbulence.
The management of this once so beautiful place needs to get their act together or let it to a better owner. I don't think I will ever return although it is still an above average location in the neighborhood of Chiang Rai.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2017

The room is very basic with an old TV that looks like it was 1970 vintage. We are part of a group of 16 travelling with OAT. Unfortunately the shower looks like it has not been deep cleaned in years - all moldy. Others from our group complained about the same thing. I would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends