“Absolutely DISGUSTING kitchen”

Ranked #58 of 319 Restaurants in Khao Lak
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

I have zero idea how this place has a 4 1/2 star rating! The waitress was rude. The food came out in a reasonable amount of time and smelled delicious. I ordered a shrimp stir fry. The shrimp tasted good but they had a soft, mushy texture about them. I was unsure if that was bc of the type of shrimp used. So I looked it up and turns out that that is a sign that the shrimp are spoiled! I refused to get sick on my first day of vacation so I decided to go to the restroom to fix that problem. As I'm walking back to the toilet I see the kitchen. Filthy! Disgusting! Full of flies! Fresh produce on the FLOOR! I'm sure that was some of the "fresh" produce I had just consumed. I felt so disgustingly nauseous that I spent the rest of the night back at the hotel and just went to bed early. Thanks for literally nothing, except maybe food poisoning which I am still waiting to see if I have!

2  Thank Julie C

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Great Thai food and service. Menu is exactly what you would expect from a Thai restaurant, all the usual favourites. Visited twice during stay and both times we received same great standard in service, presentation and taste. The curries are served in terracotta pots and arrive at table piping hot. Recommend the Massaman.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

When we came the restaurant was almost empty and after ten minutes crowdy! We had prawn and seafood on hot plate and the dishes were delicious! Worth the 195 TB each! My best meal so far i KhaoLak. Good service.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Visited many times and have never been disappointed. Great food, well priced and excellent staff. Try the beef in oyster sauce main course. It's delicious and really well priced.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We waited an age for our starters and when they came they were trying to give us someone else's order, they resolved that fairly quickly but we were close to the point of walking out. It was not only us - lots of people seemed to have been waiting ages for their food and were getting the wrong orders. It needs a good manager and it may be an okay place. Go to Sun Beach or Na Suang - MUCH BETTER PLACES.