“Perfectly Tranquil”
Review of Kiboko Lodge

Kiboko Lodge
Ranked #4 of 195 Speciality Lodging in Arusha
Reviewed 31 March 2016

It was the first time I had travelled alone in a foreign country and I was honestly pretty worried, but as soon as I met Frank the manager, when he picked me up from the airport, I felt at home. He was very welcoming. He kindly arranged for me to go on a safari to Arusha National Park with a couple who were staying at the lodge too - I couldn't afford to go alone so I was very grateful for that. The lodge is in a beautiful setting and has plenty of birds and other local wildlife to see. All the staff were very friendly and always happy to help with any queries.
Each morning we had breakfast in the 'Tea Room', which was a lovely building with a view of Mt. Meru and the best place to watch the birds fly by.
The food was fantastic as well. I'm a pretty fussy eater, but they catered to my needs amazingly well. It was by far the nicest food of any of the three lodges I had stayed in during my trip to Tanzania.
The rooms were great too, with very comfortable beds and good, clean facilities.
The profits form the lodge go to the Watoto Foundation to help street children, some of whom I met as all the boys at the foundation came to the lodge for the day. They were so polite and told me of the dreams for the future. Cosmos, one of the boys who worked at the lodge, took me and another guest on guided walk around the local villages and then to the Snake farm. It was a fantastic experience and my first hands on experience of Tanzanian culture.
I recommend visiting in the wet season because you haven't seen beauty until you see Tanzania in the rain.
It was great value for money, which is always a bonus. I honestly have no complaints, which is rare for me to say!
If I ever return to Tanzania I will definitely stay here again and I wish the best of luck to all the staff and the boys at the foundation!
If you are looking to escape from the world for a while or just want to stay in a beautiful location, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: take the village walk, look at the stars at night, have breakfast early to see the most wildlife and...
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Anna M
Frank R, Manager at Kiboko Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2016

Thank you very much, it was great to have you, Your Visit is their Future, Karibu tena Kiboko lodge, Tanzania

Reviewed 23 March 2016

We were perfectly happy during our staying at Kiboko Lodge. Nice clean rooms, very friendly and attentive staff, tasty food...that all leaves nothing to be desired! Already planning our return by the end of the year!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Frank R, Manager at Kiboko Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

It was great to have you here, the way you played the guitar was unforgettable experience. We are looking forward to see you again at the end of this year, karibu tena Dieter.

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

We relaxed for 7 days and enjoyed the tranquil environment and good service from the friendly staff. Also the idea behind the lodge and to see how the former streetkids are performing is very inspiring. Nice spacy rooms and good food.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that the service was good, Your Visit is their Future, karibu sana

Reviewed 29 February 2016

We did not know it prior to arrival, but this place is staffed by people who were street kids and went through training to become staff members. They were very professional, friendly, and many hotels in the US could learn from their hospitality. The place is beautiful, relaxing, and we enjoyed our two nights there very much.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Frank R, Manager at Kiboko Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Dear Suzan,

Thank you so much for your feedback, while it's very good for us to receive these kind words, it's even more helpful for future and potential clients to hear from your opinion about your experience of two nights staying at Watoto Foundation Kiboko lodge

Your visit is their future!

Thank you very much for all and warm greetings from Kiboko lodge entire staff

regards,
Frank

Reviewed 27 February 2016

We spent four nights at Kiboko lodge. Lovely location, good food (and hygiene to match any European standards) and extraordinarily friendly service. Possibility to stroll around in the village with a guide gives a glimpse of African rural life. Watching birds directly from the breakfast table was a real treat.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Armi60
Frank R, Manager at Kiboko Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your valuable time, the entire staff at Kiboko lodge are very happy for your review and that your were satisfied with our services

This will real help us for the other potential clients in future

Ahsante sana, Karibu tena!

Your Visit is their Future