“Good Teppanyaki in Kaohsiung: great view, tasty food and friendly staff”

Teppanyaki Restaurant At 85 Sky Tower Hotel
Ranked #175 of 3,479 Restaurants in Kaohsiung
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I went to the Teppanyaki Restaurant at 85 Sky Tower in mid Jun, celebrating my husband's birthday.

We booked a table at 8pm, as people normally start their dinner early and 8pm should be less crowded.

They have lobster menu, big shrimp menu, both with beef from Australia. Also, some non beef and seafood menu which fits me as I have allergy to those seafood and beef.

There are 3 big tables, few rooms there. Guests can watch the chef to cook for you. Also, a salad bar in the middle for all guests.

I ordered the lamp chop and my husband ordered the shrimp with beef. Both are delicious : meat has been handled well, juicy and tasty.

The dinner ended with a nice coffee and dessert.

And it's less than USD200 for two with good food and a bottle of nice red wine.

If you like Teppanyaki, don't miss this. Remember to book first to get the best seats.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Food was really good. The chef got the doness of the beef spot on for medium rare. Ambience is pretty dated but overall good dining experience!

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

We were staying in the hotel for a conference. After a long day decided to just grab something quick here. But it's not "something quick" at all. It is a well executed multi- course dinner. From pancakes to soup to buffet salad bar, we ended up spending 2.5 hours there. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, so full we couldn't even walk! I would definitely go back again the next time in Kaohsiung. Wine list was limited, but great quality.

Reviewed 15 December 2014

The food here was very nice - had Ozzie wagyu style beef which was expensive and delicious. The service was good although awful when it came to sake which was on the menu but seemed to be a real problem to find/serve etc. The ambiance of the place is horrible - absolutely no style at all and the rest of the building equally nasty. Decent view I suppose.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a traditional Japanese-style Hibachi restaurant...but a very elegant one! This is not Benihana. You can select a varied menu and all cooked at your private hibachi table by a very skilled chef. There are not too many choices for a vegetarian but the grilled meats and seafood are done very well indeed! For our group we had at least 6 or 7 courses and a very special fried rice was done for us, as well. It was impressive!