Hotel Bayview
Ranked #10 of 136 Hotels in Hualien County
Reviewed 11 April 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hotel Bayview. I booked a room with a balcony facing the sea and the view was great to wake up to. The room was a decent size for two people, comfortable bed and lovely bathroom! They also offer a complimentary pick-up/drop off from/at the train station which is awesome.

I was greeted very warmly by Juan who is the epitome of great customer service. He assisted with my booking from day 1 and was there to receive me when I arrived. He always had a smile on and it was very comforting to be taken care of someone like that. He gave some great recommendations on which tourist attractions to visit and what food to try. He recommended us to try an authentic aboriginal diner tucked right behind the hotel and I was blown away. Must try when you're there even if you're not staying at Bayview. It's called Mu Ming.

Breakfast selection was good, it had a good mix of western and traditional taiwanese congee style breakfast. I love that they also had snacks in another room anyone can enjoy and they were yummy! I think I took 5 and stuffed them into my pocket before I left. :P

Location wise, it is quite a distance from the city but well, if you want that sea view, you have to deal with the distance.

Overall, a very lovely stay in hualien. I'd recommend it to anyone! :)

Room Tip: Higher floors for better view
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank aprilhoon

Reviewed 5 April 2016

Super friendly staffs
24/7 mini cafe which serve espresso coffee, tea, biscuits
Our room for 4 came with 2 double bed which takes up 90% of the floor but it has small balcony to relax and it's over seeing the pacific ocean and the lighthouse.
Located out of the "city" of Hua Lien, everything is slow in pace
Free bike rental kiosk which is a plus point that you can take a stroll down the beach

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2016

Probably the best hotel I've stayed in in Asia.
Managed to get in touch with the staff 1 day before our stay for a train station pick-up and the reply was very prompt. Smooth transit to the hotel! Nice room facing the ocean, toilet and room were kept superbly clean. The hotel stuff cleaned the room everytime we went out as well so we had fresh towels everyday! One of the small things that I look at when I stay in a hotel is the state of the kettle (to make my tea). So many hotels overlook their kettles, often providing rusty and dirty ones. Not this hotel though - clean kettle! They rent out bicycles for free as well, easy for a little ride along the beautiful QiXingTan beach!
Customer service here was excellent, everyone greeted us with a smile and were always eager to help us (be it booking a cab or recommending a place to go). Lin Juan even remembered our names! On our last day, the driver bringing us to the train station even stopped by a "bian dang" place for us to buy some food before our train ride to Taipei. If this is not good customer service, I don't know what is.
The hotel is a little far from town, but exactly what we wanted - away form the noise and buzz of cities. Costs about 225TWD for a cab ride to the night market, but the staff would help you book a cab at any time!

Will definitely stay here again should I make another trip to Hualien. Highly reccommended!

Room Tip: Choose an ocean-view room! The beach is amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2016

Took a room with balcony facing the sea, the view was extremely nice! You can just open the balcony door and they had already setup a sofa facing it. Its really meant to just relax and enjoy away from busy city life.

They aren't much activities there at night, it's away from the city area. If you are hungry in the night, you can head to a nearby convenience store and get some food. They aren't much restaurant nearby too.

They do provide a simple buffet breakfast, which I feel that it's sufficient. They also provide free transport back and forth to the train station but you have to liaise with them before hand. Do prepare your train timing and train number to arrange for pickup.

After they pick you up, they will drive around the place and show you around to familiarize yourself with the place. It's a very small place.

Do checkout their free bicycle rental, you can just cycle by the beach and enjoy the nice seaview

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Imperado
Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

The customer service here is truly superb. We arrived jet lagged and tired in search of a hotel to go to after traveling hours. The hotel staff carried our luggage upstairs for us, helped us out when we had trouble with opening our room door and also were very friendly and polite at all times! There is a 24hour dining room where biscuits and free tea/coffee are provided - how heavenly. The rooms themselves are kept very clean, and the decor is quite quaint. It's a pity we didn't get a room overlooking the beach, but the hotel rooftop view made up for that :) Breakfast was average, the food was good but the selection (mainly Chinese food) was fairly limited. Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely want to stay here again when visiting Hualien.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family