“Nice view”
Review of Jetwing Sea

Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Negombo
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed for a night at the start of our Srilanka trip. Hotel is located right on beach and the balcony had nice view.
Room was quite big , the big bath tub in bathroom was inviting. The bathroom was nice with a big rain shower but the water drainage was poor. Breakfast buffet was good with a good spread. However the service was not up to par. Overall a nice stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Jetwing Sea on TripAdvisor, and for your nice comments with regard to views from the hotel. We are happy to note that you have had a comfortable stay whilst with us.

We do hope that we will be able to see you again at Jetwing Sea hopefully for a longer stay, so that we have the opportunity to give you a unique and memorable experience with us once more.

Ayubowan (May you live long)

There are newer reviews for Jetwing Sea

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Sayed 2 nights on business. Researched via Trip Advisor prior to booking. The hotel is in a bad neighborhood on the beach. The positive for me was that it is 15 minutes from the airport. other than that, it's fairly shabby. Rooms are basically a concrete vault with AC and a shower with black mold.
Found a nest of spiders on my pants the next morning and had several mosquitos buzzing in my ear alright.
Breakfast was decent with a good selection of edible food.
They ripped us off on the cab back to the airport. From the airport was R500. They charged us R2,600. When I complained they basically said arrange it yourself. That's our price. Pretty shabby treatment.
I have to believe there is better.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Guest,

We have noted your comments with regard to some concerns about the hotel location and the hotel transfer charges to the airport. Our location which otherwise is regarded by most our dear guests as being excellent has not been able provide you with certain services during your stay in Negombo.

It would have to be made clear that a Tuk Tuk ride form airport may have cost Rs 500 but a Chauffer driven air conditioned luxury vehicle which we provide as a guest service from the hotel is somewhat expensive compared to that of a Tuk Tuk.

However, it is our utmost concern to improve on our service areas and your thoughts will surely help us to identify those and help us prevent them from recurring.

We wish to welcome you soon on your next visit to Jetwing Sea.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is small but very nice , clean and the staffs very accommodating and friendly. Love the breakfast area facing the sea. Breakfast buffet has a lot of selection and local fruits. The only drawback is the hotel gets to be very quiet, so if you are looking for more lively place , you will need to go out of the hotel .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking your time on posting a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jetwing Sea. Our greatest mission is to make your stay with us as comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable as possible in Negombo.

We wish to welcome you soon on your next visit to Jetwing Sea.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed just for one night and I must admit that I really liked the view from my room - view on the beach and ocean. Otherwise the room looks nice but the furniture was really old and small carpets which were in my room (208) smelt really bad! I had to move the one which was next to my bed cause it smelt like wet dog or dirty feet and I smelt it when I was lying in my bed!!!
AC in the room was working fine - no humidity!
I was also really mad in the morning (9am) when I was woken up by extremely loud music from the restaurant (my room was right above the restaurant) so I called the reception and they told me that there is engagement party and that the music will be playing till 2pm so I left my room and went out so I don't have to listen these keyboard-based songs ( there was live music down there-but really bad singer which was impossible to listen - I still can't believe that somebody was paying for this to have it on their party) .
If you walk like 1km right from the hotel there is really nice area where is plenty of restaurants and bar ! And there is also amazing caffe place called - coffee bean and tea leaf so I definitely can recommend this place as it's clean and made for people from western to feel like home :)
The pool in hotel was nice and clean but The area around the hotel looks really poor.
Overall I must say I was expecting more and I wouldn't choose this hotel for my holiday so I'm glad that I stay just for one night.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Natálie D

Dear Guest,

While we thank you for choosing to stay with us and more importantly taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused during the course of your stay in Negombo. During the week since your review was posted we have spoken to many of our associates and have managed to put together the details mentioned in your review. This has allowed us to take immediate action in order to maintain consistency in the level of the service we provide.

We wish to welcome you soon on your next visit to Negombo.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Hotel
The hotel is lovely, with walk ways right onto the beach. The pool was unfortunately going through maintenance when we stayed but there was a pool right beside we could use. The seating areas at the upstairs bar, overlooking the beach are exceptional.

Room
We had an amazing beach view room which gave breathtaking sunrises and sun sets. Alongside this, the room is was huge and the bathroom was something else. It's beautiful 2 headed rain fall shower alongside a clear window (which can be covered) meant views of the ocean whilst showering - a nice compromise since an actual rain fall shower outside isn't possible at this hotel.
Not room related but the gym was poor in that the A/C wouldn't work at all - which isn't ideal in 30 degree heat in a glass gym.

The meals here were very nice, albeit more western than Sri Lankan cuisine, which was to be expected in Negombo vs other areas in Sri Lanka that are a little more rural. That being said, the food was great and we have no complaints.
The service was good however at various times, it was very slow. Meaning there were times where we were waiting for a bottle of water for 15 mins, when the restaurant wasn't overly busy - but not a huge deal.

Negombo is a beautiful area and if you want somewhere with a great spa also overlooking the beach, go for this place.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking your time on posting a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jetwing Sea. It was our pleasure to have made it a memorable stay for you in Negombo.

We would also like to thank you for your other comments with regards to the delay in service and the air conditioning of the gym as we greatly value your feedback and will certainly look in to these immediately.

We are glad that you enjoyed the variety of food served as well as the surrounding environment in Negombo.

We wish to welcome you soon on your next visit at Jetwing Sea.