See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

While this hotel seems to be famous for weddings, I stayed for business and was happy. Room was clean comfortable and had no complaints during stay. Wifi was free and it was very convenient location to walk to the river side for morning exercise. I would recommend this hotel!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank JaneC-P
Reviewed 1 September 2015

This was my first time travelling to Korea. My company booked me a room at the Queen Vell. I have to say I have enjoyed my week stay at this hotel. The Breakfast buffet was nice. The timing worked out for me but with a start time of 7am, a lot of guest will have issues. Luckily I could eat fast and still make it to my early morning destination. The room was clean and had everything I needed except an iron. Maybe an iron in the rooms is just a USA thing. The staff were very nice and pleasant. I don't think I ever walked in or out and wasn't greeted with a smile. If my job bring me back to Korea I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Hallways and my room was very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank rshields187
Reviewed 12 June 2015

This is probably the hardest review I’ve ever done. And that’s because this hotel is such a paradox. Some things are very good, while others are obviously very money (saving hotel money) driven. This establishment is both a wedding hall and hotel establishment. We stayed for 9 days and did indeed attend a wedding there. But after just a few short days it became apparent that the emphasis is on the weddings – not the hotel guest. As one previous poster said, they control the temperature in your room. You have a thermostat, but you can only change it be a few degrees. It was hot so we asked for a fan which they did supply (after we pushed for it). They have a buffet breakfast, very so-so. When it came to eggs you had a choice between cold, hard cooked or soft/runny scrambled. And the hours – they don’t open the buffet until 0700 (I had to leave for meetings by 0700), and yet on weekends open at 0630 because they close early to get ready for the weddings. Earlier on the weekend? Really? And the buffet has a Warden who watches to see if you are trying to sneak out a banana or yogurt. Don’t try it – I saw them track people down and demand they give it back. I’m sure there were others that had to leave early but the hotel didn’t care about that. Some of the lights in the room don’t work because they don’t want you to use them. Honestly – we asked. Overall the accommodations are fine, but if you’re looking for a nice hotel that cares about its guests, look elsewhere. PS – don’t try to come mid-day on the weekend and park at your hotel . . . the wedding guest rule the parking lot. They even block spaces for them, but not for hotel guests.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

I stayed this hotel for 4 days, i like that it is very close to the subway around by the restaurants and grocery stores also near the wet market where you can take a look if you like to see how Korean ordinary life is more than that the hotel proving the free mineral water 24 hours..concern the room i think the facilities are ok free internet in your room and TV channel, electricity toilet...just prefer here next time I come to Daegu

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2015

Despite the fact that the Hotel was an offical hotel of the World Water Forum, it's not really international neither business oriented. Most of the service staff do not speak English. There is no restaurant in the Hotel and they pretended that there was no restaurant outside. I decided not to believe them and could find 2 restaurants in the vicinity (less than 300 m).
They have a peculiar way : all the rooms are heated at 25°C, which is too hot for me. There is an individual regulation in each room, but you can only increase the temperature and not decrase it!!! Not very good for energy saving, The staff is very nice and helpful, as usual with Coreans. They found a fan for me, so I slept with a fan despite the fact that the outside temperature was 10°C.
The Hotel si mainly oriented in wedding services with beautiful balrooms, but it is not suited for business needs.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business