See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 April 2017

If you are looking for a quiet place to lay your head, look somewhere else. This hotel is right in the middle of karaoke central and people don't stop til 8 am or later. There is also music playing in the streets right outside your window. I was there in the winter and they heat the rooms to excess (31 degrees celsius is what I woke up to most mornings). Because of this, I had to sleep with the window open, which just meant more noise. I bought ear plugs to help me sleep. Didn't want to sit on the couch because I didn't know how clean it was. Weird lighting in the room, glasses on the ceiling, just to set the mood for love I guess. Bed was hard, bathroom had a shower/toilet combo. No place for working with colleagues in the hotel. No restaurant in hotel, but at least there are places close by. If I could have controlled the temperature in the room (thus keeping the window shut), I would have given it 2 stars.

Room Tip: Higher floor is better to avoid some of the street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2016

i would not recommend this hotel if you come to Daegu for 1st time as the location is far from downtown....although i agreed with other reviews that surrounding place near the hotel was quite nice.

room was great (we had the suite room - 2 double queen bed), bathroom with jacuzzi effect...

price was not cheap either....but of course, there are other more expensive hotels around downtown area.

the nearest train station was palgoe, it was about 15 stations or more from Dongdaegu station, so you can imagine the distance from downtown.

Room Tip: choose high floor to avoid the noise at night..though you can still hear
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2015

Movie w/projector, game room with Wii, karaoke room and bar room. Each Special room also has a whirlpool tub. The breakfast was American. The décor beautiful. Close the windows. The AC is controllable

Room Tip: Do not book on Booking.com, go to the hotel and ask for a lower rate or choose a different booking site. Ask to see the rooms first.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Sdlewis622
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

Do not be fooled by the hotel in its name. This motel in disguise is surrounded by a dozen other love motels that are not as pretentious. We've stayed in motels in other cities, Hotel North Tel gives the exact same vibe with glass walls for bathrooms and cheesy mood lighting. The area is surrounded by drinking establishments (sulgjip) and karaoke bars (norebangs). From our room we could look across the street into 4 private karaoke rooms, streets were full of drunk screaming people, and my Macedonian wife was getting strange stares from ajussis even though she was carrying our 7 month old. This would be a great location to come drink, and North Tel would be a decent choice to crawl into for the night, which comes with the standard bag of toiletries including a condom. This is however, not a place to book multiple days. We stayed 2 nights while visiting my family, and had the worst sleep in years on a mattress with 20 springs poking our backs. This was not a standard "hard" Korean mattress, we felt like only the springs were supporting us. We slept on top of the comforters, cold at night, because the hotel wouldn't give us additional blankets (again, like a love motel).

The location is great if you want the Korean drinking experience. Drink soju with some great anju, hit up a karaoke bar, finish off with some what was really good ddukbokgi in the street, then crawl into one of the dozen other motels that are half the price of this one.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank iTravel4Foood
Reviewed 7 June 2015

This hotel is located at the heart of a lively student neighborhood of Daegu, a bit far from the center, but definitely worth the (nightly) visit. The neighborhood includes 100s of restaurants, bars and pubs, pools and bakeries, that open late every night, in a safe and comfortable setting. The hotel itselfs looks very simple but tries to ally some modern features with simple setting. Rooms include full bath, showers, toilets, in a blue sort of atmosphere, with TV and computer (+ wifi). Breakfast is basic in a room, but convenient, and the staff is helpful.
Overall I really enjoy staying at North Tel, and would recommend tourists. On the slight minus side, in my room, I had some issues with wifi (not always perfect), but other hosts did not, and I had one night when the noise of the street bothered me (perhaps ask to be on the other side).

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business