All reviews cafes and restaurants very nice hotel free wifi dunkin donuts star hotel large screen tv hotel room seoul city tub facilities subway laptop gym channels fridge
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Subway is just 3 mins walk from the hotel. There is a few restaurants beside the hotel. We had supper at Donkins Donuts. Hotel service is good. Not recommended for families as nothing much to do in this vicinity.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2017

The stay was pleasant and the room was quite spacious and most importantly clean. The hotel is value for money in my opinion. The hotel staff was responsive, and can speak very basic English. Very good WiFi too. :)

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2017

We arrived in the dark and were happy to find a hotel with a good Standard. The breakfast, however, could need some improvement. We had asked our travel agency to stay in 4 star Hotels and were not disappointed

Room Tip: free WLAN. Because of the Location in the Center of the City Restaurants can be easily reached
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2017

So I came here on a business trip and my office booked it for me. It was my first trip to Korea, let along Daegu so I wasn't sure what to expect. The hotel itself is located at an intersection with plenty of small shops within walking distance as well as a subway terminal. There is a "mall' across the street and another about 2 miles north. Movie theater as well. More coffee shops in this city then I've every seen (yes Starbucks is here). A police station is next door along with Dunkin Donuts (no jokes please). There are three restaurants inside the hotel (Chinese, Korean, Japanese) and the food was good. If you are a non-Korean speaker, you might want to learn some words. The staff is helpful and the concierge knows some English, but don't be an ugly American and expect them to know English. There is even a German restaurant behind the hotel, but its more buffet then sit down. There is one bar down the street that serves 700 beers.

Cons - my biggest issues are 1) no dresser drawers to put clothes in. So I lived out of my suitcase for two weeks. They did have a closet but only 4 hangers. I went out and bought some cheap throw always for the trip. 2) Wifi here is abysmal. Not only is there only one node, but it constantly goes up and down depending on signal strength and location in the hotel. They did have an Ethernet cable on the desk, but when plugged into my laptop, it didn't connect to anything. To compensate, I was going to buy a chip for my Android Pixal phone for $40 with no-limit data and sync off that, but some carriers don't service some android phones. LG-U, who I talked to, only worked with IPhone 6. But there are other service providers. Also, make sure your phone is paid off (cracked is the term?) so they can replace the chip. I have an old phone that I keep in my luggage now to buy these chips. 3) November is not a hot month so I kept asking why the A/C was still on. Its chilly in these rooms in November (and outside), so bring some warm clothes or ask for an extra blanket. The thermostat only has a fan control.

Pros - hotel is clean and quiet and the staff is nice. They have a good gym with a sauna (I didn't use it). Large screen TV with plenty of channels but only like 3 English speaking ones. Don't expect much if you have kids. Area is secure and I didn't feel threatened when I went outside. People kept to themselves. There is a burger king to the South if you feel homesick, but you might not recognize some of the menu (shrimp and garlic burgers were tasty). Bath rooms were somewhat spacy and the water is hot. You'll need to step over the bathtub wall to get into the shower. It seems to be higher then a normal tub but it might be an illusion). They do provide a water boiler for tea/coffee and a few cups. The fridge is a little dorm room fridge that someone full of liquor/beer so not too much room if you want to stock up.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Overall cleanliness is good, beds are comfy and facilities seem complete though I haven't used all of them except for the gym which was not bad and not too small. Only issue is that the bathroom uses a glass door that cannot close so it swings open and water gets everywhere.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
대구그랜드호텔, 제너럴 매니저 at The Grand Daegu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Good morning We would like to thank you for choosing The Grand Hotel, Daegu and taking your time for giving us helpful feedback throughWe sincerely apologize to you for giving inconvenience during your stay.
Your input is very valuable to us as we continue to serve you at our best level. We will fully reflect your feedback and improve not only our quality of service and facilities but the overall procedures and strive for excellence.
We look forward to welcoming you again.
Best regards,
Mrs Carly Shin
General Manager of The Grand Hotel, Daegu.