“Serene and calm”
Review of Donghwasa

Donghwasa
Ranked #2 of 136 things to do in Daegu
Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

I had been there to this place twice and I must say I was mesmerized with the kind of peace of mind I had when visiting this place.I wish I could give one more visit to this place in future.One can get a public transport also available to this place which adds to tourists' convenience.

All reviews
"hill"
"taxi"
"parts"

Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

Great place to visit . It's also a Templestay. My husband and I took a taxi from Camp Walker it was also 30,000 Wons one way however you can take the bus (we found out at the temple) very nice employees helps us get a taxi back. Hours are from 9:00 to 1800 bus do run take # 1, 2,3,4 City bus number Express 1,Palagong 1. Once your done you can walk outside the Temple to Palagong Cable Car... There is a fee we couldn't ride do to the snow. You can see the view of Donghwa Temple it's 700 above sea level.

1  Thank Xochie B
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

Amazing way to experience the local culture! I was lucky to be in the group with many locals who could speak English and we're kind enough to translate, and make sure I was included and engaged in every activity; even the ones who could not speak English made an effort to guide me (I was the only foreigner in the group). Staff was super friendly and helpful. Hensu Suinim (Monk Hensu) who is in charge of the Temple Stay experience had an incredible and genuinely happy aura.
Easy access on Public Transportation and there's a nice coffee shop at the entrance of the temple road (La Defense)

2  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

Very nice and the sculpture and temple is impressive! I recommend to hike Mt.Palgonsan first which is very near the temple an see the beauty of nature.

1  Thank Niña G
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 November 2015 via mobile

The temple experience was great. We went on a cloudy day and still had a fantastic time. But the highlight of the trip was the restaurant at the bottom of the hill. I'm really sorry that I can't remember the name of it but it is at the bottom, a coffee shop at the bottom and the restaurant is on the second level. We ate first and it was a great change of pace from Korean food, it was Italian base food. They have a wonderful brick oven that brings great flavor to the food. Everything was great. We all ordered a plate and ended up putting them in the middle and sharing because they where all so excellent. And after hit the coffee spot on the first floor and didn't think the night could get better........... But it did. The coffee and the cheese cake was out of this world. Go visit

1  Thank David Y