All reviews recommend this hotel spent one night here convenient location excellent stay muffins university microwave highway checkin
Reviewed 24 October 2017

You won't get the services you pay (sleep) for because of the smoking either keeping you awake, or waking you. You may be pleased as punch with those odors. Not me. There were dark places to park, not safe for a single lady. However, the well lit doors were crowded by smokers.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Lesa, we apologize for the smell of smoke you encountered during your stay. We work hard to provide a clean & comfortable environment and are sorry the smell compromised your experience. We will follow up with our housekeeping team regarding your concerns to ensure we are doing everything possible to minimize the impact to our guests. We hope you will consider a return visit so we can make it up to you.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

This was our second time staying here . The non carpeted floors needed to be swept & washed. The bathroom smelled of urine. The base of toilet needed to be recaulked & the vent in shower was covered with a thick layer of dust. I told two employees that room was not clean but they didn't care.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Sheryl, thank you for returning to our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you had in your room and these remarks are shared with the housekeeping team to ensure they provide much better services moving forward. We hope to have another chance to make it up to you and your family on a future visit.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I've visited Extended Stay hotels all over North America (Burbank and Vaughn to be exact) and quite frankly this was disappointing. The room is spacious which is a plus, and a little worn, which I can live with, but when the pillows smell of the previous guest, then it is rather upsetting. Had to take all of them off the bed so I could get a proper overnight sleep.

I got this room via Priceline but still, changing pillows that have worn out their welcome date is a must. Heck I'll even put up with the neighbours cooking 4 course meals that I could smell through the vents (which I had to), but unclean pillows is the reason why I rated this hotel with a 2 out of 5.

On the plus side, the front desk person was nice and it was close driving-wise to Colonie Center and Crossgates Mall.

They have vending machines for late snacks which I appreciate, as well as laundry rooms which come in handy. The other nice thing was coffee and snacks in the morning in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thank you for evaluating your stay. We want every guest who stays with us to have a comfortable experience and to depart with a lasting favorable impression. We fell short in making that happen for you, and we are truly sorry. Although your experience is not typical of our service delivery, we obviously have room to improve, and we assure you we will. We truly regret the inconvenience caused, and please give us another opportunity to serve you with the hospitality you deserve.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I booked this hotel via priceline for a one night stay in Albany to visit friends. The hotel is located on a strip right across from SUNY Albany with other larger brand, well regarded hotel chains in the general vicinity so I figured- how bad could it be??

Well.....it was absolutely the most horrible hotel experience I have had in my lifetime- of traveling for 15 years on the weekends for my kids' sports and twice per month for work. This hotel was by far the most disgusting location I have ever had to sleep in.

It started at check in when I was assigned a room that not only smelled like someone died in it, but the lamps were broken (didnt turn on and pieces were on the floor) but the bedspreads were stained and burned with cigarette holes and the desk chairs had visible (and fresh) food stains. I asked to be moved to a different room- which the girl st the front desk did without issue. The 2nd room was better so I went about my day satisfied.

Until I actually had to come back to the hotel to sleep. I checked the beds for bed bugs first because honestly the hotel had some suspect characters roaming the halls and upstate has recently had an influx of bed bug issues. The case that the mattress was in was stained with blood and other liquids and the pillows inside of the pillow cases- the same sort of stains. I was grossed out but at that point it was too later in the night to move rooms or hotels so I threw that stuff off the bed, tried to sleep with no blankets or pillows and just tried my best to fall asleep.

That didn't get me far because around midnight the hotel went into party mode- with drunken fights in the hallway of the 2nd floor, glass breaking, people running up and down the hallways, shouting, walls being pounded and loud music until almost 4am. It sounded like at least 10 people in the hallway going in and out of other rooms up and down the hallway- as if they were all completely comfortable with doing this with no concern for anyone else who may also be there. Sort of like they lived in the place.

I literally double bolted my door and hoped for the best. The next morning I couldnt wait to leave. While I am in the parking lot putting my bags in the car to leave- the EMTs and Fire Dept show up to help revive an guest who overdosed. ughhhhh of course someone overdosed after that party the night before!!! These were not college kids- I might add. They were older adults who were down on their luck- from their appearance. Some had children with them too.

The hotel is definitely being used as a long term, shelter location for folks who may be in bad situations and homeless- which I am all for. However, please do better with your housekeeping!!! Deep clean the rooms that people have lived in for a long time and PLEASE keep people in check- don't allow drug use, prostitution and wild parties on your property.

I will NEVER return to another one of these properties again!!!!

Room Tip: don't go here if you want a clean quiet room for the night.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gillian H
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please be assured we will take the necessary actions to ensure this is properly addressed.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

This hotel was clean and in a safe area. It is a bare essentials kind of hotel for overnight guests. Rooms have a microwave, small stove and refrigerator. We didn't use any of them.

My only complaint is that the drains kept clogging up. We had family in two rooms and we all had the same problem with the drains. We paid $69 per room through Price-line and thought that was a fair price.

Room Tip: Good for a long stay
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America and for your feedback. Although you were impressed with your room and our affordable rates, we are sorry for the issues you had in your bathroom and regret the inconvenience it caused. I will be sure to share your concern with my maintenance team to fix the problem immediately. We appreciate you being our guest and hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your family better in the future.