CrestHill Suites Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$135
US$132
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$169
US$147
Hilton.com
  • Pool
US$135
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$161
  • Breakfast included
US$125
US$122
All reviewsexpress breakfasttimes union centerfree shuttletrain stationroom was cleancinnamon rollshudson rivershuttle servicehi expressthe hotel offerswalking distancefree breakfastlight sleeperalbany downtownflat screennew yorkpool and hot tub
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Did a 7 day bus tour out of NYC and Albany was our last stop before returning to Manhattan. Some of the hotels we stayed in during the tour were just ok, but obviously the tour saved the best till last. This hotel was a gem amongst a run of sub-par accommodations. Modern, clean, spacious, includes a guest laundry, wifi, friendly staff and free breakfast. We were only here for one night so not sure about its location but I do know that is was "downtown" and there didn't seem to be much around. But if it's overnight lodgings you need in Albany NY this is the place to go.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Hotel_Manager_Albany, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

32YL,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and I truly hope you enjoyed the tour!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

We stayed here for one night on our way back from our Lake Placid trip. We chose it due to the location being so close to the Amtrak station as we were coming in by Amtrak. (Word of advice: the hotel offers complimentary shuttle service within a five mile radius so call the hotel when you arrive on Amtrak and do not take a cab as the cabfare was very expensive for such a short trip.) I was advised by the hotel clerk that they will also shuttle you to the airport, even though it is farther than five miles, within specific hours. Unfortunately, my flight was leaving too early for those hours so I had to take a cab. The hotel clerk gave me several business cards for cab service, and I used one of them. The cab arrived on time and the cabfare was reasonable for the distance.

The hotel room and bathroom were clean and comfortable and offered the usual amenities. Alas, my flight was leaving too early the next morning to partake of the complimentary buffet breakfast, which is usually a good one at Holiday Inn Express locations.

There are nearby restaurants and bars, and the hotel clerk was very helpful with a list and directions. We had a very good meal just a couple blocks away. If I had been alone, I might not have done the walk at night, though. There are dry and refrigerated/frozen food selections in the lobby if you need something to eat and don't want to leave the premises. The hotel will also shuttle you to any nearby restaurants that are beyond walking distance.

All-in-all, it is a good choice for the downtown area, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank SkateSand
Hotel_Manager_Albany, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

SkateSand,

That is one fantastic and comprehensive review of your experience. Thank you for much for sharing the details and so sorry you didn't get to enjoy your breakfast!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Downtown for two nights in November 2017. We were immediately impressed with the free shuttle service that picked us up at the airport (20 minute drive) and dropped us off downtown. The shuttle service is free to anywhere within a 4 mile radius of the hotel, plus the free transportation to the airport! The room was spacious and clean, with a new TV and free wifi. We decided to walk around downtown Albany since the hotel was centrally located, and explored great shops, found delicious restaurants, and toured the state capital complex and New York State Museum. The free hot breakfast in the morning was more than we had imagined, with pancakes, meats, cereals, cinnamon rolls, and more! Coffee was available all day, and the free cookies at the reception were a sweet treat. Even though we didn't take advantage of the services, the hotel does offer a business center, pool, gym, and meeting rooms. Overall we had an excellent stay, and would highly recommend you book a stay at this hotel the next time you visit Albany.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Manager_Albany, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Chris R,

We thank you so so much for your wonderful review!

My best to you and the misses!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight at this venue on our travelling thru USA & Canada just recently.
This particular holiday inn has been renovated by the company to very comfortable standard as we found out when we went to our allocated room.
Room was very comfortable with plenty of room available including a fridge & coffee facilities for us.
Two beds were extremely comfortable with plenty of pillows on each, wardrobes had plenty of hanging space too.
Bathroom was tidy with plenty of towels available for use, and the usual shampoos & conditioners too.
Breakfast was in a large dining area on the ground floor.
Food available was of a good quality :- cereals, yoghurts, fruits, juices, breads & plenty hot beverages too.
Very well run cafe everything fresh.
Recommend this place for an overnight stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Manager_Albany, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

style7,

Thank you so much for your comprehensive review, we truly appreciative your highly regarded recommendation.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I stay at Holiday Inn Express when traveling because you know what to expect. Well, usually.

Yes, the most important thing to me is that the room is clean, and indeed, my room was clean and fresh. Critical.

However, when I travel I always hit the gym in the morning and also frequently rely on the small business center area for last minute meeting preparation.

That's where this hotel needs to improve.

The gym had a TV mount on the wall, but no TV. No towels (yuck!). All though after asking the morning staff they unlocked the pool room to grab a few. The gym didn't have any wipes (or an indicator they were just out) for the equipment (double yuck). The gym. Also had carpet (gross) and was set to heat.

Fast forward to a hair dryer that was completely broken and fell apart. Housekeeping wasn't in yet, so I was left to come up with my own solutions eventually getting a staff member to go into an unoccupied room to get me a replacement.

Add to that the limited capacity to let me print because they were almost out of paper for their own office left me less than satisfied.

The front desk staff certainly did their best to address each concern as it arose, and they did well, but these are things that management should be addressing/preventing.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Diane L
Hotel_Manager_Albany, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albany-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Diane L,

Sounds like you were trying very hard to be our customer, and more than patient with the staff as they were not prepared to handle these issues, coupled with these minor problems happening in the first place.

Please get in touch with me, I want to make things right.

Harsh Patel