“Good standard property”

TownePlace Suites Albany University Area
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Not going to knock your socks off but it serves the purpose if you need a place to crash for the night at an affordable rate and well located. More motel than hotel the beds were first class although the complementary breakfast was really lacking. That said, for a quick stay or an extended visit I would recommend the property.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Randler

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Rooms are very small for an extend-a-stay and over priced. i would compare this to a motel6. Upon arrival there was trash on floor in room beside the bed a used straw, beer bottle cap, 2 smok vap canisters on bedside, trash still in bathroom can, 1 draw had old papers, trash stashed in it. kitchen is tiny can hardly turn around and only 1 spoon 1 knife 1 pan and 1 bowl. I am traveling for work to stay 2 mos one would think they would have put me in the larger 1 bd rm for that long of a stay but no i get the tiny studio. Then they over charge for pets i brought my service dog i was charged a fee per night and a hold fee.wtf why even say your pet friendly if you are going to over charge when they stay.
hallways dirty and old looking. Sad that Marriott has their name attached to this disgrace of a place. I will be searching airbnb to change to or the Double tree by Hilton at least they are more welcoming to my dog.
The exercise rm is 2 treadmills in a closet size room, the laundry has 2 machines very old and filthy. It is not walking distance to any restaurants or shops.

Room Tip: Best tip- find another hotel or use airbnb
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Jeremy W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Triage109

Thank you for your review. I do sincerely apologize that you were checked into a dirty room at your arrival. That should never happen especially at a Marriott property. I will talk to the Housekeeping Supervisor and discuss what happened. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

very nice location, but housekeeping is not acceptable. the front desk people were very nice, but the internet was not available in the rooms, the housekeeping is spotty and seems to be lazy. I didn't have room cleaning for 2 days, and their excuse was that the sign was on the door except the sign was inside the room on the closet door.
the coffee pot was not cleaned and the toilet backed up.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Kim C, Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so sorry for the housekeeping issues. I shared your review with the housekeeping team during our morning meeting and they too send their apologies with a promise to better focus on the details.

Also, we are currently in the process of upgrading our internet to more than double our Mbps. This project should be complete by the end of the month.

Again, our apologies.

Sincerely.

Kim

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived late and had a nice comfortable stay at this hotel. Easy to get to. The room was clean. The area felt safe. My family and I had plenty of space with our 2 bedroom suite. Would stay here again for certain.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind review! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Albany!

Kim

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Room was dirty (bathroom had hair, carpet was disgusting) Very little toilet paper on roll without extra and only 1 hand towel and two bath towels for a two room suite? Called down and asked for more towels. They asked if I could come get it. As soon as I came down the staff passed it on to another staff member and went off duty.

I would not recommend staying at this Marriott property.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Kim C, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the room condition and staff service you received. The issues have been corrected and addressed so moving forward we can stop this from occurring. We greatly appreciate all feedback from our guests.