“Great Falafel!”

Ranked #67 of 752 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 17 April 2017

My wife and I had just finished doing a protest march and decided to grab a little lunch. We'd heard of this place for years but never stopped so we figured, why not. It's in downtown Albany in an old building with the original tin ceilings. The menu was classic Middle Eastern with kebobs, hummus, stuffed grape leaves and so on. We each got a falafel plate which came with a smallish falafel sandwich in a pta with a side of fresh hummus and pita chips for dipping along with some awesome pickled carrots. Everything was fresh, well made and d great flavor. Service was good, bathrooms were clean and the place was nicely laid out. I could have used a slightly bigger sandwich but no real complaint there. Prices were reasonable too.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Unsuspecting little restaurant. It was empty when my coworkers and I came in for lunch around noon. Very reasonable prices and delicious food! I ordered the eggplant and falafel sandwich platter. The sandwich was served fresh and hot with delicious pita chips and hummus. Perfect portions. The service was a little slow and we were a little upset that our waiter didn't inform us about their credit card minimum until we went to check out, but we will still be back. I definitely recommend!

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Had the combination plate with lamb kebob - everything was both authentic and delicious! Husband had kebob platter and down to the rice (not just plain white rice, but wonderfully spiced) was excellent. Will definitely return and highly recommend.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

The food is good and the owner is very nice. It's nice to experience Middle eastern cuisine with lots of flavor.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Food was delicious and prepared fresh for us. The owner was efficient, friendly and relaxed. The atmosphere was casual and quiet, allowing for conversation. Highly recommended! Falafel was tasty and the eggplant sandwich was scrumptious.

Been to Mamoun's Mideast Cafe? Share your experiences!