“Friendly place, nice atmosphere”

Druthers Brewing Company
Ranked #30 of 752 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a bit hard to find. The signage is more on the side street side; not facing Broadway. It's a big place, nice atmosphere, but very casual. Many families there with young kids. We had a bit of a wait. Not a huge variety of things to choose from on the menu, but most people come for the beer selection. My husband and I each ordered a pizza. The crust was rather bland, but the toppings were good. One pizza feeds one person, with maybe a slice left over if you haven't had any appetizers. The other guest ordered the Rubeun mac and cheese. He practically licked the dish clean! I'd go back. I'm not a beer drinker, so I had cider, which was very good. My husband enjoyed his porter.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Good quality bar food in a nice open setting, and a very nice selection of beers on tap. Friendly service.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

If you're good paying $7 for a brew and $15 for a pile of unremarkable mac n cheese (or a hamburger or salad) you'll love this place. We didn't. Overpriced and over-rated IMHO. Not from around here and not familiar with other local brewery offerings/prices, but we travel a ton, hit lots of breweries across the country and just don't understand why folks rate this place as highly as they do.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

A group of 9 of us came in. luckily we had made a reservation. Those who had the "bitter" brew were quite pleased with it and we were all very happy with our food. The pretzels were wonderful and addictive. Once I tried a piece we could stop. I was kind of torn between getting the french bread pizza bites and the bourbon BBQ chicken wings. I love a good bourbon BBQ, but it can be difficult to find. I opted for the wings and I was not disappointed. $12.00 got me a heaping portion of delicious Bourbon Wings that made me glad of my choice.

The atmosphere is fun, our waitress was wonderful, and the prices are reasonable with generous portions. We almost went back again the second night, and we wish we had. Live and learn. I'd gladly return if I'm in the area again.

1  Thank James C
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for great tasting homemade food, this is the place to go. There is limited parking, but definately worth the short walk down the road. They have great homemade pizzas, pastas and deserts. Their prices are great for the serving size. You will not leave hungary. This was my first visit, but I will definately be coming back to try more!

Been to Druthers Brewing Company? Share your experiences!