“being partially renovated is helping”

Best Western Albany Airport Inn
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 5 December 2017

My wife and I stayed here for five nights to attend an event at the hotel. The lobby and breakfast area have been renovated; some rooms show signs of receiving a face lift. We saw two rooms. Our first room had a television and phone that did not work, as well as a wall mounted light with a wonky switch that caused it to constantly flicker. We asked to change rooms; the second room was better. Our room had two double beds, a bureau with two drawers, a fridge and a microwave; the flat screen television was on it. There were two tables in the room. One had a swivel chair while the other had two regular chairs and could be used for eating. The carpeting and furniture were a dark colour. Our room had stucco walls, which, IMO, do not give a clean appearance. The bathroom was reasonably clean, but needs renovation. The heating/cooling unit had a loud fan. There was no closet to hide things; coats hung out in the open. The carpeting in the public corridors seemed dirty to us. The breakfast variety was slightly above average for this sort of place; they did not service the exact same food every day. Quality of the food was on the better side of average.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a second door that opens to the pool area.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Laura R, General Manager at Best Western Albany Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thank you for your recent stay and review, We are in the process of doing several renovations in the hotel so that we may improve our guest experience, I hope on if you are in the area again you will stay with us and see the improvements that we are making.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I was not very impressed with this hotel. It certainly has fallen behind the standard that I expected for a Best Western Hotel. The room was dirty. I do not know the last time they vacuumed under the beds or moved any furniture to clean but it must have been a long time ago. The tub did not drain. I said something to the front end staff and she told me when a maintenance person comes in she will have him check it out. We were getting ready to leave the hotel and did not want to wait any longer so I let the front staff know we did not want anyone in our room while we were gone. I ended up getting the water to drain by holding the plug up until all the water was gone. Before checking out of the hotel my wife checked our checking account and the double charged our bill which caused an overdraft charge on my account. I talked to the manager who fixed it but said he was unable to do anything about the overdraft charge. I asked him about compensating us and he said he could give us 3,500 Reward points but nothing more. His frustration was being revealed by his tone of voice and how he communicated with me. I told him I did not think that was a fair compensation because not only was I overcharged and had a overdraft fee but it also effects the relationship between me and my bank. I asked for the manager and he said he was the manager. I was told nothing about logging my complaint with anyone else except Nusair Bawla. I was less than satisfied by this person and how he handled me and the situation.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I want to thank you for staying with us, and giving us feedback on your stay. Nevertheless, cleanliness is a key priority for our hotel and I am very sorry that we fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the housekeeping team in an effort to improve our service. I hope you’ll consider us next time your travels bring you back to the Albany Area.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

They seem to be remodeling, but give it another 7 months at least. There were no towels in the pool area and overhearing comments by other guests, towels were in short supply. This place needs plenty of updating.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations, your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer an even better experience for our guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. I am confident that you will notice that we have learned from your feedback in order to improve the quality of our service.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Hotel is situated in the perfect place! Minutes from the airport, malls, and really any restaurant you can think of!
Hotel staff is very friendly and the breakfast was decent. However I'm not sure about the rooms.... upon entering I was hit with this weird unrecognizable smell? Bathroom was kind of dirty. One of the ceiling tiles was a different color and the bath/shower was questionable on how clean it was. Honestly this place just needs to be updated bring in something new that none of the other hotels have.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Laura R, General Manager at Best Western Albany Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Reviewed 23 November 2017

My wife and I travel quite a bit and I have reviewed many hotels and restaurants over the years. Out west we have found Best Western to be an economical and comfortable choice. Shocked this hotel still has a BW designation. Reserved because close to airport and wanted to take advantage of their Stay N' Fly Program. Place looked pretty dodgy when we drove up, but checked in, Hallway carpets filthy and no elevator to the 2nd floor so we had to lug our luggage up a flight of stairs. Wife needed a toilet on our arrival and it immediately backed up and overflowed all over the bathroom floor. Immediately checked out. Has been "under modernization" for almost 2 years now with much work still to be done. Best option probably to go to bankruptcy and be razed.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. The hotel is going through several renovations at this time to improve our guest experience here at the hotel.