All reviews albany airport retractable roof room was clean indoor pool an early morning flight the shuttle driver an older hotel wolf road good nights sleep first floor free breakfast convenient location waffles new york poolside microwave mall
Reviewed 23 November 2017

My wife and I travel quite a bit and I have reviewed many hotels and restaurants over the years. Out west we have found Best Western to be an economical and comfortable choice. Shocked this hotel still has a BW designation. Reserved because close to airport and wanted to take advantage of their Stay N' Fly Program. Place looked pretty dodgy when we drove up, but checked in, Hallway carpets filthy and no elevator to the 2nd floor so we had to lug our luggage up a flight of stairs. Wife needed a toilet on our arrival and it immediately backed up and overflowed all over the bathroom floor. Immediately checked out. Has been "under modernization" for almost 2 years now with much work still to be done. Best option probably to go to bankruptcy and be razed.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Laura R, General Manager at Best Western Albany Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. The hotel is going through several renovations at this time to improve our guest experience here at the hotel.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Don’t stay in this dump. My husband and I stay here last week. This is the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in. The manager told us that the room should not have been rented out because it was in need of repair. Not only would they not give us our money back they charged us twice for the room.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback, we apologize that you had a billing error and I am glad that we were able to resolve it for you the same day it occurred. Our goal is guest satisfaction and genuine hospitality and I am sorry that we feel short during your stay.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

This hotel is older and needed updating is happening. The rooms are large and clean, hotel lacks an elevator, staff is friendly and helpful, breakfast is included and goes beyond standard "continental" fare. The shuttle driver was very helpful to another couple we were meeting. A desk clerk saw I had 2 bags and knew my room number so whisked the large bag away and up the stairs.

Room tip: Until an elevator is added request the ground floor.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dmscuba27
Laura R, General Manager at Best Western Albany Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing, we appreciate all guest reviews and appreciate knowing what we are doing well and where we need to improve. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here the past weekend Nov 11/12 and this entire hotel needs refreshing . First off it's hard to get past the smell of moth balls as soon as you walk in . The rooms could have been a little cleaner , lots of dust around the bed and walls . Tub floor was cracked and the doors shut very loudly . It was a one night stay so we dealt with it , but never again .

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Hotel under renovations. Completed areas are quite attractive. If up to date decor is your thing, you may be disappointed. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff. Enjoyed pool. Delicious breakfast. Close to I-87 and airport less than five minutes away.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent stay and review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your accommodations and our friendly and courteous team members. Our goal is guest satisfaction and genuine hospitality. We hope to welcome you back soon! Happy and safe travels!!