1,363 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecapitol buildingamtrak stationhotel shuttleshuttle servicetimes union centerfront desk staffnew yorkvalet parkingbusiness tripbed was very comfortablelobbyconferencecapitalstatestarbucksconcert
Reviewed 9 July 2017

We stayed for a week and had more issues than any other Hilton stay ever. The hotel itself is modern with nice decor and amenities. The first room we stayed in would not cool to less than 74 degrees so they moved us to a new room on day 2. The problem is having to pack back up to move 3 doors down still took an hour. AC in the new room was much better. The pool was under construction which my wife and daughter discovered after changing into swimsuits and heading down to the Atrium level. If they had told us at check-in, they wouldn’t have wasted that time and effort. Lastly, our maid was terrible. We had opened a bottle of wine in our room one night and the next morning on our way out, the maid chastised us for getting wine “everywhere”. Well, we may have dripped a few drops on the bathroom counter or top of the fridge when we poured the wine or cleaned the glasses but we certainly didn’t spill it everywhere. Maybe she was just having a bad day but I didn’t appreciate her negativity.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
David H, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

RJA_SD_1964,
Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincere apology for the issue you had with your room attendant, needless to say she did not represent our standards of service. Please contact me at david.hayes@Hilton.com, and I will make this right for you.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Our room provided very nice overlook onto the streets below..some very old classic style and new er construction. We took a walk downtown and met a very nice young woman who owns the health food store..STEUBENS MKT..We enjoyed a cold drink before walking back to the hotel as it was hot..83 degrees..were so looking forward to using the pool....However the hotel had a main water break and the pool was closed for repairs..So that was out as a relaxing experience.went back to our room..as it was so warm..we dined in the CHARTER restaurant run by HILTON.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor.elevators were numerous,and quite prompt.Halls were wide and carpeted.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
David H, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Caesar,
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed most of your stay with us, and apologize for the pool being worked on while you were here. I do hope you come back to see us again.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

This place has really gone downhill. No buffet breakfast, staff seems stress and not particularly knowledgeable. Overall I would not stay here again. It's really too bad since it is a great location and nice property.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Elizabeth,
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apology for your disappointing stay. We sometimes do close our buffet depending on business levels, but that should not lead to lackluster service. Please contact me at david.hayes@Hilton.com and I will make this right for you.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Only 3 blocks away from Empire Plaza, parking garage next door so it was easy to see the fireworks then go back to the hotel. I was in my room while most people were sitting in traffic trying to get out of downtown. Excellent room, very clean, spacious, quiet. Could see other fireworks from our window. The hotel had fireworks viewing from the top of the parking garage.

Room Tip: Go high to avoid street noise

Mike,
Thank you for your kind review. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our 4th of July party this year. Next year will be even better, be sure to look us up.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Staff is incompetent and they all look dissatisfied about working at this hotel. Supposed decision makers were not helpful at all. Jacuzzi was being renovated. This really almost ruined our wedding. Do not do business with this location.

olugbernio,
Thank you for your review. I truly apologize for the Jacuzzi and Pool being out of order during your stay with us. We are doing some needed renovations to that area, and understand your frustration. We do hope that you will give us another try in the future.