“It is what it says it is - gastro pub”
Review of The Merry Monk

The Merry Monk
Ranked #10 of 752 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Sat at the bar on a busy Friday evening. Hoegaarden on tap & ordered the Bavarian pretzels and the fish tacos. Good food!

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Had read menu on line and wanted wild boar ribs- they weren’t on menu- so I though oh- no , so let’s make best of this-mussels were reviewed highly, so why not?OMG, I never enjoyed mussels this much in my life-the sauce was phenomenal- then had a duck Rueben A+- my buddy had the cod cooked in beer-A+/ loved the beer he drank- see you next year- hope ribs are back!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Wife and I heard of on recommendation. Was fit in without reservation on busy night. Vinny our Mixologist did an awesome job. Our waitress left us completely satisfied and Owner Jeremy was a pleasure to converse with. Fish and Pork dinners were exceptional, two thumbs up and will return when in Albany. Highly recommend.
The Travers.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We held a pre wedding gathering and can not say enough great things about this place. Jeremy was so easy to work with and made sure everything was perfect. The event space is very nice, the food delicious and the entire staff made it memorable.

If you are looking for an event space, i highly recommend.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I was in Albany for business with my partner, we cam ehere mostly for the beer. The food we had was okay but the beer was excellent. Definitely recommend for the beer!

Been to The Merry Monk? Share your experiences!