“Laid back historic dining”

Hudson Harbor Steak and Seafood
Ranked #228 of 699 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Great place to go for a relaxing dinner with family and friends. Don't pass this by because of the outside. Food was delicious for all in our party. Service was amazing and all seemed interested in making sure our dinner was great. Don't be in a hurry because the food is cooked to order but well worth the wait. The atmosphere is cozy in a historic building.

1  Thank Kyle_P1

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Wonderful atmosphere, the building housed the Day Line when I was a kid and used to be near the train depot...so the building was nostalgic but the food also was excellent.

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

Was taken to this place on a part of a tour, friendly staff, 1 bud beer cost me 8 bux - wow
The place is poorly lit and the outside looks as thou it's ready for demolition , we decided not to eat here as the stale air smell turned my wife off so much she forced me to skull my beer to leave, make up your own mind - Albany probably not the best place to stop with a tour bus.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

Returned to Hudson Harbor Steak and Seafood for the second year in a row during the MAAC Basketball Tournament. This time, had a great French Onion Soup with baked cheese topping and a tremendously sized portion of wonderful Chicken Parmigiana with spaghetti and fresh green beans. Denise is an exceptional server that anticipates my needs very well. Sat in a very comfortable booth in this historic restaurant that used to be a ship's ticket office.

Always enjoy coming from the nearby Holiday Inn to dine in this gem of an Albany Downtown restaurant near the Times Union Center as well! Plan to return there this weekend as well.

Reviewed 15 July 2015

We dined here as a result of a gift certificate given to my husband. After another couple our age (60+) finished, we were alone in the dining room in the middle of the dinner hour. The Coquille Sainte Jacques my husband ordered was outstanding, and came to the table piping hot. My salmon was OK, but a bit over cooked. In both cases, the garlic mashed potatoes were lukewarm. The waiter was great, the drinks were fine, and the portion sizes were generous. This restaurant in an historic building appears to be overlooked by most down down diners. Too bad.

Been to Hudson Harbor Steak and Seafood? Share your experiences!